It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager becomes possessed when she used a Ouija board app on her smartphone

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Read the link I provided. That's really the only learning one would be able to get from a thread such as this one.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Are you implying that those who follow other faiths are still subject to satan? Many religions have no dualistic concept of a good and evil, no god and satan, so are they just wrong?

Satan is a name we Christians and Jews use...... he has other names. For other religions see enclosed link:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

So if you are of faith in any higher power, you can be possessed by judeo-christian demons?

I don't really understand why that would be. What of faiths that have no concept of duality, no heaven and hell, no 'good' and 'bad' spirits such as angels or demons?

Surely as it is, as claimed, something Satan wants, it would only apply to the religions that believe in Satan, or otherwise work on ANYBODY, be they Christ believer, atheist or jedi?

Every faith has a good and a evil by name.

In the Christian faith we will hear the name we can associate with, the same with other religions. Do you understand?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

One of the brothers just went mute about two days after. Refused to speak or verbally respond to anything.

Forever?

The other acted fine except for the occasional moment where he would just stare off into nothing for nearly a minute straight. Then he would snap out of it and act like nothing just happened.
People do this routinely, all the time, when their thoughts distract them. Because they are "THINKING". I do it often. I'm not possessed.

Dude, you were SIX YEARS OLD?

Ridiculous fantasy nonsense. Magical thinking is usually outgrown by about age 8. Bet you believed in Santa Claus at that time of your life, too.

Demonologist, you say? How much to do you get paid to help with these "exorcisms" or "investigations"?
Do your victims accept it when you say, "It's all in your head?" Do you ask for payment only when it's something "legit?"

Why on EARTH would anyone believe you? The answer is: they're in the throes of snake-oil-salesmen's superstitious fear mongering.

Now - I'm not saying that supernatural things never occur. They do, and I have a couple of experiences myself. But I am saying that when we were kids (elementary school age) we played with Ouija boards, had "seances", etc. Nothing Ever Happened.

It was a "GAME." I've also dabbled in tarot, scrying, Wicca, etc. Nothing EVER happened.

You are brand spanking new here, and it might be a good idea for you to get your footing before expecting us to 'believe' you.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Are you implying that those who follow other faiths are still subject to satan? Many religions have no dualistic concept of a good and evil, no god and satan, so are they just wrong?

Satan is a name we Christians and Jews use...... he has other names. For other religions see enclosed link:

en.wikipedia.org...

Judaism does NOT view Satan in the same way that Christians do.

Jewish Concepts - Satan

Who is Satan? Rabbi Singer - Outreach Judaism

So, swing and a miss. Most Christians don't even have the understanding that you're describing in this thread, which is more TV than Torah (or Bible).

If you're mistaken about basic ideas like this, what does that indicate about your other ideas?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: Learningman

no I dont see it as a strictly related Judeo-Christian and neither does slayer. For starters I believe Judeo Christian beliefs are more accurately referring to extraterrestrial beings based on scripture and the wording of the bible and how some events are strikingly similar to technology of today.

These dark entities exist here with as on an alternate dimension, just cant be seen. My best analogy prior was how every human emits thermal energy and electrical charge but cannot be seen by the naked eye unless with the aide of technology, tools and sensors. FLIR can detect your thermal emissions and I believe voltmeters can detect the charge.

Now many of these devices are utilized in the detection of a presence, and slayer has experience with them as well. They aide in knowing where and when an entity is nearby and how powerful it may be. If Catholic priests are working with demonologists who use these devices, that shows there is a scientific capability to prove their existence, and their presence and already has.

very good point. Entities can influence electricity and that includes our brain. many think that we have the capabilities to solve complex issues and we do have that capability BUT we also receive thought from outside our physical brain. Another words..... all of our thoughts are NOT generated inside our brains as thoughts we thought we had generated but came from an outside source. Do you understand?

FYI: Can you seperate the thoughts you generate from the thoughts that come from an external source? If you can you will do well and it will be baby steps into the spiritual world. If you can distinguish the difference then you will soon be able to hear God's voice. Do you understand? This is a secret. Learn this ........most religious people do not understand...... let the holy spirit guide you to this and you will experience things not of this world. Do you understand?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So if you are of faith in any higher power, you can be possessed by judeo-christian demons?

I don't really understand why that would be. What of faiths that have no concept of duality, no heaven and hell, no 'good' and 'bad' spirits such as angels or demons?

Surely as it is, as claimed, something Satan wants, it would only apply to the religions that believe in Satan, or otherwise work on ANYBODY, be they Christ believer, atheist or jedi?

Every faith has a good and a evil by name.

In the Christian faith we will hear the name we can associate with, the same with other religions. Do you understand?

No "every faith" is not dualistic ... start with Hinduism, Buddhism, Zen, Shinto, Confucianism, etc.

Strike two. I think your credibility is suffering.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'M derailing the thread? Those responses were made in response to things YOU said. Don't just start accusing me of things that you know aren't true because you are losing an argument. My posts are VERY ontopic. I posted a link showing how Ouija boards were manufactured to make money for people, that idiotic spiritualists in the 1900's believed it was real, and how science has shown how Ouija boards work. You are the one who started to talk about scientific beliefs in the past, not me.

You are well known to twist words as like right now. I do not talk of scientific works bit of spiritual works. You are not on topic.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I'M derailing the thread? Those responses were made in response to things YOU said. Don't just start accusing me of things that you know aren't true because you are losing an argument. My posts are VERY ontopic. I posted a link showing how Ouija boards were manufactured to make money for people, that idiotic spiritualists in the 1900's believed it was real, and how science has shown how Ouija boards work. You are the one who started to talk about scientific beliefs in the past, not me.

You are well known to twist words as like right now. I do not talk of scientific works bit of spiritual works. You are not on topic.

Paranormal implies scientific study as much as supernatural beliefs.

Another swing and a miss: strike three - credibility blown.

Why are the facts being presented to you here so threatening? You do realize that your beliefs are in a rather severe minority, right? Most people don't think as you do, and certainly don't accept what you're saying here as FACT.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Sorry, but you don't get to dictate the direction the thread goes in. You made a thread talking about Ouija boards, so as long as I post things about Ouija boards (such as scientific evidence that Ouija boards aren't supernatural) I'm ontopic. Just because YOU are scared to acknowledge the scientific evidence against Ouija boards and are adverse to talking about it doesn't mean that I am derailing the topic.

Plus, this thread is in the Paranormal Activities forum, not the Religious Forum. So you really don't even have a leg to stand on as far as saying that we are only allowed to keep the discussion spiritual in nature.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Paranormal implies scientific study as much as supernatural beliefs.

Another swing and a miss: strike three - credibility blown.

Why are the facts being presented to you here so threatening? You do realize that your beliefs are in a rather severe minority, right? Most people don't think as you do, and certainly don't accept what you're saying here as FACT.

I did not know we were playing baseball?

So I striked out, huh?

Do you think I care what your opinion is? lol

I am not here to convince you to believe; you go ahead and believe whatever you want to believe. I could care less.

To those who are more in-tuned with the spiritual world, I hope some of this information has helped. To those who are interested in more detail can pm me.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

This is posted in Paranormal Studies, not "Spiritual Beliefs and Other Woo."

Science and rational approaches are as much on-topic here as the baseless opinion you're promoting.

"In tuned" with the spiritual world ... so you're only interested in talking with a select group that buys into your own ideas, that would seem delusional to many?

Okay, great. Post what you want, and other ATS members will do the same. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it "off topic."

edit on 11Wed, 07 Oct 2015 11:43:35 -050015p1120151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So if you are so convinced why all the back sliding and getting offensive?

You wanted to know, I explained it and now you back slide with your remarks?

You must be an American. Always wanting something for free........

I'm getting offensive because you're getting pushing and unreasonable and a bit insulting too.

I'm willing to play along but you really think I'm going to do all that and let you invade my life and my home and everything for a week or more??? Be serious man. I don't even know you. Just how gullible do you think I am??? Especially with all the BS you've been talking on here, like that makes me trust you any more than a stranger on the street??? Be real.

I love how it's always the fault of the person who doubts the validity of such things that keeps them from seeing demons or the supernatural. Anything that requires your belief before there's been any reason to believe it sounds like a scam to me. Seems to me that the only prerequisite to witnessing the supernatural is being foolish enough to believe in it without question. But if you've done that without any reason to do so then you've already been duped.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19898429]Gryphon66

Judaism does NOT view Satan in the same way that Christians do.

Jewish Concepts - Satan

Who is Satan? Rabbi Singer - Outreach Judaism

So, swing and a miss. Most Christians don't even have the understanding that you're describing in this thread, which is more TV than Torah (or Bible).

If you're mistaken about basic ideas like this, what does that indicate about your other ideas?

Interestingly enough the Quran agrees with the Jewish interpretation of the Torah. Demon Possession is a part of the Catholic faith that has been adopted by most Christians.

And Satan will say when the matter is decided: “It was God Who gave you a promise of Truth: I too promised, but I failed in my promise to you. I had no authority over you except to call you but ye listened to me: then reproach not me, but reproach your own souls. I cannot listen to your cries, nor can ye listen to mine. I reject your former act in associating me with God. For wrong-doers there must be a grievous penalty.” (14: 22)

The Torah tells the story of the priests of Baal and the Alter. This story alone should prove that God is the only authority in the Bible.
www.biblegateway.com...

Most people don't understand history. Those who believed in demons believed every illness was demonic, including epilepsy and schizophrenia.

We know Jesus healed an epileptic because the cure was prayer, not exorcism. But we are not specifically told whether the demon possessed were schizophrenic or if they had poisoned their own minds by believing in possession.
www.biblegateway.com...

Jesus was a healer of the mentally and physically ill, but not a psychologist. The Jews were told to have nothing to do with Demon worship. God was not trying to hide some secret power, he was trying to keep them from insanity.

Add -

Mathew 12 25 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.,

If I say Satan has no power and that possession is insanity, I have not divided God's kingdom. I have only nullified insanity and stripped Satan of the power given him by the Catholic/Christian church. A false power that leads to insanity.

edit on 7-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Why on EARTH would anyone believe you? The answer is: they're in the throes of snake-oil-salesmen's superstitious fear mongering.

But what's the alternative? Because psychiatry is no stranger to fear mongering. They will sometimes say, only based on what a patient says (no empirical, scientific research), the most horrible forecast like for example schizophrenia: some people learn to live with it and function nonetheless (there's a list of famous people for example diagnosed with schizophrenia) but psychiatrists will often tell a patient they'll have no life and must depend on medication and their help and guidance for the rest of their life.

Psychiatry has had about more than a century to study the mind and especially those with illnesses. But they don't have any answers, they can at best suppress symptoms with medication or relieve some mental pain in their patients, not mentioning side effects in certain cases even resulting in death or suicide. But there is still no conclusive answer to genes or the structure of the brain, it's largely still a mystery and there's lots to explore and research.

It's not like they are holy, the Church made money out of faith and so does psychiatry/pharmaceutical industry.

The Church tries/tried to exert power, so do psychiatrists for example judges listen to psychiatrists in court. While this might go well now, in the future it's not unthinkable abuse of power happens. I also believe they could have easily kept their DSM behind closed doors, only available to those with a degree but I assume it helps them to achieve social control having it available to anyone.

And it's just not right there's no real scientific evidence in psychiatry, it has the image but it's really just piggybacking on sciences like physics, math, biology. Granted, so is theology but at least Christians can argue we might have been worse off without religion. Like for example how the early caretakers of the mentally ill were monks and nuns and this lead to psychiatry, which ironically later attracted a lot of atheists who felt psychiatry is a valid science and better than religion.

People would like to believe there is help out there for the mentally ill in case they become ill or those around them and then it's good to know there is something but it's not all that great as it's painted by various media for all kinds of reasons. I would rather be practical and have people with a convincing belief try to cure/exorcize people first, it's irrelevant if there really is an afterlife. Instead of trying to suppress symptoms and create a society of individuals without intellectual answers who depend on drugs to enjoy their existence. Problems can be used to grow and develop but that's unlikely to happen with psychiatry.
edit on 7-10-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Why is psychiatry being brought into this thread?

And what do you know about it? I mean really know. As in - are you a Psychiatrist?

Because if you are not, I am not going to discuss psychiatry and neuro-science with you. I have an unfair advantage.

There IS evidence, and the medications often DO WORK. Furthermore, Psychology is a different field. Do you know the difference?

edit on 10/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
"In tuned" with the spiritual world ... so you're only interested in talking with a select group that buys into your own ideas, that would seem delusional to many?

This is called an echo chamber. Unfortunately for DeathSlayer, it's impossible to create a thread that creates one here on ATS since we all are entitled to say what we want (along the T&C) and the forums are well moderated.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

There IS evidence, and the medications often DO WORK.

For the gullible perhaps, those who need it to get by and those who need it for their income. But there's tonnes of information about side effects, also science isn't that advanced so the medication can't be considered to be such. It has affects on the brain, I'm not argueing that but all I've read about is lessening symptoms, not curing them. Medication which would work would cure something imo.

But tell me, is there a test for bipolar or schizophrenia? Because last time I checked there was no brain imaging kind of test, or blood test or DNA for that matter. That would have been more convincing, even though MRI's are not that sophisticated yet and it's not like all DNA has been identified or anything.

Furthermore, Psychology is a different field. Do you know the difference?

Psychology is competing with psychiatry, the latter will win no doubt as many people don't want to study the mind and spend time solving problems, they would sooner choose medication. And as medication becomes more developed it will only become more appealing.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Then the short answer is: "No. You don't know what you're talking about [beyond a lay-person's very basic 101-level understanding]."

Bipolar and Schizophrenia are identifiable.

Psychiatry works WITH Psychology. They are related insofar as they deal with people's thinking and behavior, but they are complementary, NOT in competition.

edit on 10/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: punctuation and clarity

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Then the short answer is: "No. You don't know what you're talking about [beyond a lay-person's very basic 101-level understanding]."

I do wonder how often that works. But if you don't wish to discuss the subject I understand, just say so.

Psychiatry works WITH Psychology. They are related insofar as they deal with people's thinking and behavior, but they are complementary, NOT in competition.

They have different names for a reason. They are competing for the position of mind doctors, just like many religions would like to have that position. Maybe it would make more sense if you would look at health care as an industry with money and power, just like any other. They are like different companies fishing in the same pond. One leans more towards talking while the other chooses an approach based on medication. Economics tell me people will tolerate spending time on therapy less in the future, why waste so much time when there are drugs that cost a lot less time? Besides better marketing with more people learning about labels such as ADHD or bipolar, even if it is a laymen's understanding. And psychiatry just appears more coherent, all listening to one Bible instead of the plethora of different therapies being given by different nonrelated psychologists.

Bipolar and Schizophrenia are identifiable.

That there's something wrong with an individual is identifiable, a person can also just say so. But to cure or help solve someone's problems is what the world needs.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join