It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old girl fatally shot by 11-year-old boy for not letting him see her puppy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

An argument over a puppy has led an 11-year-old boy to shoot and kill his eight-year-old neighbour in the US state of Tennessee, the girl's grieving mother said.

Latasha Dyer said her daughter Maykayla was playing outside when the boy asked to see her puppy.

The girl said "no" and shortly afterwards the boy shot her in the chest with his father's single-shot 12 gauge shotgun.

Each of the children had a puppy, the sheriff said. The 11-year-old “wanted to see the 8-year-old’s, and she said no, and then he went and retrieved a gun,” McCoig said.

The boy fired the 12-gauge shotgun from inside of his house, striking the girl as she stood in her yard, according to the sheriff. The gun, which was stored in a closet without locks, belonged to the boy’s father, McCoig said

abc.net.au
WashingtonPost

Tragic story. Losing one´s life at such a young age is terrifying. I can not even imagine how her parents must feel. Sincere condolences to them.

In this case, I believe the parents of the boy should be held responsible as well. Whether even properly educated or not, kids are kids - emotional - and can often not understand death yet at such age, especially if they have been exposed to violent movies, video games, where it is normal to kill the "bad guys" and even if the player dies, they can just restart. If a family has younger children, no firearm should be left openly like that (in the closet).

I believe gun lockers should be mandatory. That is something that would prevent situations like that most effectively as well as lowering illegal gun circulation (in case of burglary, burglars might take the gun if it is found, but usually locked areas like that are not tried to open due to time issues).
edit on 6-10-2015 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2015 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
America does not have a gun problem.
Also, take the child away, the people he is with are clearly not fit to be parents.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

When an 8 year old gets killed by a firearm, by an 11 year old, America does indeed have a gun problem. Tell you this the poor wee girl certainly had a gun problem.

edit on 6-10-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
There is a gun problem. The second amendment does not make a gun problem not possible.

There is a gun problem.

And just for reality. The US has weapons way beyond guns. I'm talking about the government. There is NO WAY the people with guns, are going to stand up to the USA government one day, if they wanted to.

The joke that they need guns to defend themselves from the government is over. Their arms will be used to murder their family, kin, and friends. That is all. Excepting, of course, they go out and hunt, then, perhaps a few animals,which there is nothing wrong with that.

Get rid of weapons you stupid fools. I don't have any in my household, and my dad didn't. We're both still alive. And all our family. Get rid of your stupid guns. Get rid of them. The only reason you need them is if you still hunt for food.

Guns make murdering people too easy. You can say you can do it with a stick of a knife too. But, no, it's not as easy.
edit on 6-10-2015 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Seems like bad parenting to me.

The parents must hit their kid a lot too. I say this because hitting your child when they don't listen teaches them to cause pain to others when they don't listen to you or do as you desire.

CX
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Maybe if everytime a kid used a gun that was not secured properly, the gun owner did the time in prison....it would be baby steps towards people taking gun ownership seriously.

CX.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The people should also remember that the second amendment was passed when this country was still lead by men who loved God's word.

And most responsible men followed God's advice in his word. Not all. If that was true, there would never have been criminals.

Nevertheless, we are growing up in an age, totally foreign to them. They could not even imagine people understanding what is moral, is not moral anymore.

That was a couple of centuries away. Now, all that what the founding fathers thought was moral, is immoral, and all that was immoral is now acceptable, that doesn't change the second amendment.

You see?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

And just for reality. The US has weapons way beyond guns. I'm talking about the government. There is NO WAY the people with guns, are going to stand up to the USA government one day, if they wanted to.

The joke that they need guns to defend themselves from the government is over.

You mean like Iraq and Afghanistan?

Oh wait....those goat hearders with guns gave the USA a run for it's money.......
edit on 6-10-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

I used to get spanked a lot as a kid, A LOT. Now as an adult, even as a child, I do not lash out and attack people who don't do as I wish, or even abuse my children. I learned consequences, life isn't fair, and that being a whiny little snot is not acceptable in any circumstance. Pain is the ultimate teacher. If you burn your hand on the stove, I bet you won't touch the stove like that again ( not on purpose anyways). Growing up is the best definition of trial and error and pain is the consequence of error. Saying that the reason the kid shot another kid because his parents hit him is a very poor excuse. I bet there are quite a few people here that got "hit" as kids and turned out just fine. I agree its a parenting issue, but its more negligence on the parents part than anything else, and the parents should be tried for negligent homicide, because it is their fault that he was able to get his hands on a 12 gauge shot gun, load it (if not already loaded) and shoot an 8 year old girl. He should also get in some kind of trouble, not to mention he will now need therapy, because at 11 years old, real life death is very understandable and it is going to seriously mess with this kids head.

thoughts go out to the family of the little girl, I can't even imagine losing one of my littles in any way shape or form.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: JackReyes

The joke that they need guns to defend themselves from the government is over.

You mean like Iraq and Afghanistan?

Oh wait....those goat gardens with guns gave the USA a run for it's money.......

Ha. Why don't they own the USA then? Already? I mean I could tell you why they don't. But if they wanted too, they could, right? I mean, according to you. Then tell me, tell us, how? If not, then shut it.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Did they invade the USA?

I must have missed it.

BTW....it was supposed to be goat hearders not gardens. Stupid phone changed it. Fixed now.

On topic: My heart goes out to the poor girl and her family. I'd say negligent homicide is in order for the boys parents or whoever the gun is registered to.
edit on 6-10-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

it was sarcasm (always hard to convey online, i know!) of course i agree with you.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Easy done.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: JackReyes

Did they invade the USA?

I must have missed it.

BTW....it was supposed to be goat hearders not gardens. Stupid phone changed it. Fixed now.

On topic: My heart goes out to the poor girl and her family. I'd say negligent homicide is in order for the boys parents or whoever the gun is registered to.

My heart goes out to any person that is innocent as well. To imagine that the world power will find its match until the end is useless.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
MERIKA!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
*double post*

edit on 6-10-2015 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
'MERICA!

Edit: lol i see someone else shared my thought.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

What is wrong with the world when an 11 year old thinks its normal to shoot a girl over a puppy. What was his earthly experience to think that is what he should do when he got angry and who gave him that experience?

The parents should go to jail for child abuse as two children's lives have been destroyed by what they taught their kids.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
'MERICA!

Edit: lol i see someone else shared my thought.

Obviously the girl should have had a gun! If her parents had been responsible and brought here a AR15 this wouldn't have happened!

/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Equisitor
a reply to: Cabin

What is wrong with the world when an 11 year old thinks its normal to shoot a girl over a puppy. What was his earthly experience to think that is what he should do when he got angry and who gave him that experience?

The parents should go to jail for child abuse as two children's lives have been destroyed by what they taught their kids.

It's because the 11 year old lives in a country where everyone has guns and it's acceptable to kill another man!

simple really!

Why are you even surprised?

Attitudes need to change before these incidents will stop

There is never ever going to be peace and harmony until you change gun laws and gun attitudes!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join