It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bras?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
i feel for the women who are pushed by society to bind their nature parts.
As a man, I am not required by social norms to wear a cod piece.
It is all a marketing strategy in my eyes.
I am interested in hearing opinions.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Pushed by society? I don't feel that way. Having these things swinging and wobbling all over the place hurts.
It pulls on the skin, strains the back... try trotting on a horse for an hour with bewbies.... okay maybe you can't imagine it, but I'll tell you, it is very uncomfortable. I wear sports bras everyday for my own comfort.
I do, however, refuse to wear scratchy nylon lacy bras with a painful wire in them, except in the evening for the eyes of my darling dearest. Society can go fork itself.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Hey but girls in bikinis look beautiful. I don't care about bras but keep the bikinis

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23I am interested in hearing opinions.

You are not a woman, so you have no clue what a bra is, or what it does. It is both personal preference and as part of what women wear - their choice.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Pushed by society? I don't feel that way. Having these things swinging and wobbling all over the place hurts.
It pulls on the skin, strains the back... try trotting on a horse for an hour with bewbies.... okay maybe you can't imagine it, but I'll tell you, it is very uncomfortable. I wear sports bras everyday for my own comfort.
I do, however, refuse to wear scratchy nylon lacy bras with a painful wire in them, except in the evening for the eyes of my darling dearest. Society can go fork itself.

Thanks for the information.
It never crossed my mind that they may be painful to bear.
Lacy, scratcy nylon with wires? Hell with that nonsense.
I can see where something like a sport bra would make riding a horse more comfortable.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
I understand that, but female humans weren't always required to wear bras so they weren't in discomfort. Have we, as humans become so dependant on clothing? Also, do you think that any other creature in the animal kingdom will ever become so dependant on anything?
Cats for instance, imagine if they are domesticated for the next couple of hundred years, and require a human to feed them. Okay, bad example, but I think it explains my current train of thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You should have titled this differently. Something like...

I like the way a woman looks with perky bewbs in a tshirt with no bra.

But yeah... I'd not go without one and I'm not big chested. Even us smaller blessed women can have pain from no support.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
I'm having a hard time understanding how the human body grows into a product that cannot live without constant pain without a man-made creation.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't get it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
You should have titled this differently. Something like...

I like the way a woman looks with perky bewbs in a tshirt with no bra.

But yeah... I'd not go without one and I'm not big chested. Even us smaller blessed women can have pain from no support.

I appreciate your input. For the record, I am more into biscuits as opposed to melons.
From what I've gathered so far, bras are a good thing for the women who wear them.
If such is the case, then so be it. I was honestly just curious.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

A www.... C'mon skunk. You know I was teasing you. I was serious about the bra wearing part though. People wouldn't know what to think if I was serious all the time.

But you mentioned biscuits???

Watch it all the way through lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Th3D0Ct0R
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
I'm having a hard time understanding how the human body grows into a product that cannot live without constant pain without a man-made creation.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't get it.

People used to live with all kinds of pain daily- a rotted tooth and infected gums for a lifetime, a twisted and deformed back, badly healed injuries.... it is possible to live with terrible pain (and some people do today).

Back in the early days of humanity, thankfully, life expectancy was much lower.
Yes, I could live with the pain. I gave birth to three kids with no epidural- I am pretty confident in my abilities to sustain discomfort. But I weigh the risks against the comfort- an epidural came with risks I didn't feel were worth it. A bra? I can't find the risks. So why not forego that particular pain and discomfort? I have no need to prove I can be tough and endure that.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Th3D0Ct0R

That's kind of like saying that we should never do anything to relieve discomfort. Why take pain meds? Why have chemo? Why take aspirin for a headache? Why have a broken bone set and put in a cast?

Why do any of that since it likely didn't exist back at the dawn of time. We have evolved and there is no reason to live with pain if one doesn't have to.

edit on 10/2/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Pushed? lol. I am what they call 'endowed'. I can't walk around braless in most shirts..i might stab someome...that way endowed, as well. Sometimes I don't wear one in the house. I have a male housemate...but I dated him about 10 years ago and I doubt either of us care. I did go to the corner store this evening without one, but I was wearing a shirt and a zipped up hoodie.

It could be painful to walk around all over town without a bra. But that isn't the OP at hand.

I think the old idea of 'burn your bra' is. At the time, it meant something and to younger women. I don't think anyone has to wear a bra who doesn't want to. I also think that 'going topless' should be legal, everywhere. If men can, why not women?

However, I don't feel pushed to 'bind' anything'. I like buying new bras, recently bought a se xy black one called 'tuxedo' as half of the front is satin and half is cotton.

If a woman feels comfortable going braless, there is nothing stopping her.

But s&f for thinking of us.

edit on 2-10-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

A www.... C'mon skunk. You know I was teasing you. I was serious about the bra wearing part though. People wouldn't know what to think if I was serious all the time.

But you mentioned biscuits???

Watch it all the way through lol.
You...did that to me. I see how this game is going. I've got Stravinsky in my bag if you want to get real.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Binding the breasts for comfort is not a newer idea.

The first-ever bra most likely dates back to ancient Greece, when women wrapped a band of wool or linen across their breasts, pinning or tying them in the back.

I am pretty busty, so I prefer to sleep in one as well, due to finding it far more comfortable than going without. I do remember finding them horribly uncomfortable back in Jr. high when I first started wearing them. By the end of that first year I was a C cup and grateful for them.
edit on 10/2/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/2/2015 by calstorm because: I need sleep

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Bras are awesome, but they are even better when they are on SALE!.

tho I do know some women who hate them, and what I found in common with women who hate bras:
Generally smaller bust
Wears the wrong size
Wears them too high (adjust your fkn straps honey!!!)

OR

Has totally massive faker-shakers that can not be contained.

Even the non-bra wearing RadFems I know still love bras, they just love them on other women.

I was hoping (before I clicked) that SkunkApe had become a RadFem and wrote a Grey Area post about the grand patriarchal conspiracy--but I'm not disappointed with this thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates

tho I do know some women who hate them, and what I found in common with women who hate bras:
Generally smaller bust
Wears the wrong size

OR

Even the non-bra wearing RadFems I know still love bras, they just love them on other women.

I was hoping (before I clicked) that SkunkApe had become a RadFem and wrote a Grey Area post about the grand patriarchal conspiracy--but I'm not disappointed with this thread.

This is a great reply. I have many questions.
First is who are the RadFems? They sound dangerous. Are they like Darth Vader with boobs?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates

Generally smaller bust
Wears the wrong size

OR

Other than finding bras on sale, that was all pretty offensive.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
ok....this thread is useless without pictures...and please not Anne Widecombe in a bra/susses or other things that should be banned by the UN as crimes against humanity

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This reminds me of a funny story.

Decades ago, when I was a wee lad in high school, I was pondering a Christmas gift for my HS sweetheart. She was a lingerie fan so I decided to go that route.

I walk into a Victoria's Secret, and immediately have an employee headed my way with a huge grin on her face. Apparently, it's a bit rare for young men to actually venture in. She asks "How can I help you?", to which I reply "I'm looking for the most comfortable bra you've got." (the GF recently had the underwire pop through on one of her favorites... a VERY uncomfortable experience).

Long story short... I was instantly the hero of all the sales clerks in the store, and found a cute (not too risque) flannel'ish bra that was supportive without an underwire. The GF loved it.

edit on 10/2/15 by redmage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join