It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bras?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Th3D0Ct0R
Have we, as humans become so dependant on clothing? Also, do you think that any other creature in the animal kingdom will ever become so dependant on anything?

If we did not wear clothes, then humanity would only be able to live in a small slither of land where the day/night and seasonal temperature did not kill us off - too hot/too cold. No chance that I would be wondering round in the buff on a day like today in England!

Animals have fur (etc) and are designed to live in their temperature zones. A polar bear or elephant seal would not be happy on an East African Plain and a lion or zebra would not survive long on Svalbard.

Granted, a bra is not necessary for life e.g. to keep you warm, but it may be necessary for comfort. Like socks.
edit on 2/10/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
i feel for the women who are pushed by society to bind their nature parts.
As a man, I am not required by social norms to wear a cod piece.
It is all a marketing strategy in my eyes.
I am interested in hearing opinions.

Oh trust me ...some days you absolutely need to uplift the fallen....if it's a conspiracy..it's one I am grateful for

2nd

Ro

edit on 2-10-2015 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I am a gentleman, so I cannot speak for ladies in terms of how it feels to have an ample and feminine bosom. However, what I can say is that the ladies I have dated, have all had fairly large bosoms (not anything to do with me having a type, it is just how things worked out). One of the complaints they all used to make, was about the downfalls of having sizeable chests. The drag on the muscles and the skin is a serious problem, and worse the larger the bosom happens to be. Given that women's chests change size over time, depending on lots of factors including general weight and health, hormonal cycle, and may other factors, ensuring that they get the correct support can mean the difference between health and well being, and serious back and shoulder pain.

I have known ladies who had such vast chests, that they had to get reductions because failing to do so would risk permanent spinal damage. For that reason, it is absolutely vital that ladies who need a bra of some sort to support their chests, not only have access to them, but have access to the perfect sized bra. Too tight, too small, and the restriction will cause trouble with their oxygen supply, as well as preventing free movement of the arms, and causing abrasions to the skin through rubbing and chaffing on the shoulders, underarm, under the bosom and so on. Too loose and the bra will not support the bosom at all, meaning that the problems of back pain, shoulder trouble, skin tension, and the like will remain despite the brassier.

Of course, there are ladies out there who do not necessarily NEED a bra to remain comfortable, but for a great deal of ladies, a bra is an absolute must for the sake of their health!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

boobs look gross after a decades of not wearing them[bras]... you know they begin to align with the south pole.

Thanks for the mammaries.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think practically they are a boost (pun intended).

But you are correct, they are expensive for what they are and there is a lot of marketing behind them... The Wonderbra campaign was famous.

With all that in mind wouldn't it just be better for all of us if women didn't have boobs?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I hate the damn things, and I think they need to be redesigned. Who's idea was it to put little metal hooks in the back to irritate the hell out of your skin and cause a bulk in the back when wearing thin clothing? And thin little straps that dig into your shoulders?

But like Bluesma, I have discovered the wonderful world of sports bras. No hooks and smoothly made. Of course, they lack the lace and 'lift' to make them appear under your chin, the cleavage everybody seems to think is so great. Yeah, I have that. We all do. Don't show me yours, and I won't show you mine. You can see my cleavage when I'm wearing a bikini, or an formal gown. Otherwise, forgitabboutit.

One thing the millennial girls have done, which I love them for (they can thank us for bluejeans) is for it to NOT matter if the straps show, or if they are a contrasting color to what you wear. Thank you millennial girls. That's been a relief. One less 'rule".

The sports bras kinda squish you down, making you appear smaller than you are, but I don't care.
TO SPORTS BRAS!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sports bras...hell yeah! I am so endowed as to be unable to find a bra in my size without paying a small fortune so the sports bras work fine. A little crushed and I might lose the whole load if I touch my toes but otherwise a life saver. There are some days I wake up and just don't wear one but by noon I find myself floundering and distracted by the pendulums.

So Skunkape, tell us about men's knickers!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Aww, poor skunky. I know the thread is not going the way you wanted. You wanted us to say "oh the scales have fallen from my eyes and I will instantly go burn my bras".

I think Gloria Steinem tried that in the seventy's, but I believe all it amounted to was people then having to go out and buy new bras a few weeks later. It didn't work out so well.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Th3D0Ct0R
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
I'm having a hard time understanding how the human body grows into a product that cannot live without constant pain without a man-made creation.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't get it.

Natural selection, most likely.

Back when humans were simply hairless apes, we hadn't had generation upon generation of natural selection for things like that.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Bras for me are a strictly at work Monday to Friday thing, same with knickers.

I am flat chested so I don't pains, strains or back ache. They don't really move anywhere.

I will happily walk around town with a strappy top, no bra and leggings, with wellies on.

I do not care about bras. I only wear them at work because it makes the lines of my tailored clothes look better.

Otherwise, nahhh, sod off with your wired strappings!!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Oi I design bras in my spare time.
I need some various sizes to jiggle and poke around to help me make the perfect bra.
Any takers should pm me

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm in the grape rather than melon category of chest size so I can't personally relate to the problems of the well-endowed but I watched one of my best friends suffer from back and shoulder pain until she finally broke down and had breast reduction surgery. But I also have seen the studies that show that wearing a bra constantly contributes to problems caused by the restriction of circulation, particularly of the lymphatic system.
To me bras are the most uncomfortable piece of clothing ever invented---and yes, I've tried hundreds of different styles in the years since I gave up wearing them on a regular basis.
When I was a teen bemoaning my lack of mammary assets my mother (who was well-endowed) told me that in 40 years I would be happy that I didn't have boobies hanging at my waist. Mama was right.
I'm convinced that both bras and panty hose were invented by sadistic men with good advertising agents.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is the equivalant to some chick being concerned about me having to wear my ass-less chaps.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I knew you were mr slave or a gimp

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I knew you were mr slave or a gimp

The pictures I sent you last year didn't give it away?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol.
Shhhh don't tell people about our secret fetish whip club.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Or the masons as it is also known by

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why? I understand that some social norms need to go, but bras? I love a good bra. Pretty ones, comfortable ones, matching ones, I am glad they are a social norm. Marketing strategy? Sure, but if they aren't in the market for a good bra then they are in the market for a bit of an early sag, no thanks.

What an interesting way to see how many women would come in to talk about their need to hold their busty bosom in place. Sizing them up are we?

Seriously though, leave the bras alone.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

boobs look gross after a decades of not wearing them[bras]... you know they begin to align with the south pole.

Thanks for the mammaries.

Tis a bit of a myth that a lifetime of wearing a bra will protect the girls from going south. Gravity will eventually kick in no matter what.
I guess I'm in the minority here in that I'm average size and don't wear one at all, unless I'm wearing some article of clothing that may be deemed a bit too revealing for the occasion. Rarely happens. I find them way too constricting, uncomfortable, even the sports bras. I have tried all kinds over the years...but simply prefer the comfort of nothing. Then again, if I had to be in a professional setting all day, I would have to endure to appease the comfort levels of the masses I'm sure. At home, free to be me. Remember reading awhile back too, about how bras can contribute to breast cancer. Some of those tight fitting little numbers would certainly squeeze the cells into places they shouldn't go ,I'm sure. I don't need a cleavage that looks like a bent over plumber. Truth or not about the cancer, after watching my mother suffer it, I'd rather keep the girls loose and fight gravity rather than cancer. Just my 2 pennies.
edit on 2-10-2015 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Lately, I haven't been wearing a bra either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join