It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: zerozero00

If they are "dangerous psychos" they can't get a gun from a shop or store. Their history of dangerous psychoticness would be in the background check required at every legal sale.

Thats the problem.

Not the background check but liklely no one ever spots them as psycos until they are running round a school on a rampage.
Most these kids seem normal until the day they snap.

If they are not spotted as a psyco then a background check wont flag it up.

Which means you need better ways to detect people about to go crazy.
edit on 2-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I just remembered something, if he tried to join in that state he would be training as a clerk for the army...just a side note.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

WELLLL that is wrong...most are there for drugs.
If I wanted an SLR nope. I COULD not.
We aren't afraid either WE have guns and know how to use them.

Haha...go kill em all then
You all sound like crazies that wouldn't get guns over here because you think it alright to kill another person

We have massive drug issues here but people don't go killing anyone they disagree with...again, drug killings happen but are very rare...

Wouldn't you like to live in country where killings are very rare? If not then you don't deserve a gun...you get me?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VicenteGarciaTortelli

There's this..www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

ACTUALLY I said it was the most numerous in prison the other coclusion was your own.
APPARENTLY since I AM a combat vet NO ,no i don't.Stating the obvious fact of wishes not withstanding at all.
I WISH we were living like STAR TREK myself.
But DARN it he didn't TOTALLY explain how other than a world distroying war having happened.
DO you often base your decisions on wishes?
edit on 2-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Problem here is that these kids houses are like an arsenal, their parents have guns laying around the place, friends they hang around with with will wave his/her pistol around thinking he/she looks big(John Wayne style)

No guns means less gun crime. Period

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Brazils laws say YOU are wrong here ...DON'T THEY?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Some predictions about the shooter, if my profile is correct:

He will have worn all black or black in combination with camoflage.

No clear motive will be discovered.

He will have been under mental health ‘treatment’ at some point before the shooting.

The suspect will have had contact with the military, if only to the extent of seeing a recruiter. And he will have had contact with the local police.

Extra guns and ammo will be found in the auto and at the home of the shooter.

Witnesses will say the shooter had a ‘blank’ or ‘vacant’ or ‘expressionless’ look on his face.

He will have been a fan of violent video games or role-playing games like “World of Warcraft.”

An emergency ‘drill’ will have been done at that location within the past couple of months.

The FBI and/or the BATF will take over the investigation.

I'm sitting here watching CNN right now and i just wanted to say that, well, you nailed it.......

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The problem is that we live in a society where:

1.) We can't judge.

2.) The rights of the mentally ill trump the rights of everyone else.

So we can't do much about it until they act out in some way even if there is some thought they might become dangerous. Everyone has to be normalized and mainstreamed and treated like the precious little daisy they are. We can't offend anyone or make them feel bad or stigmatized.

So even if you could point to someone who was clearly trending toward dangerous things like the guy who shot the reporter on air, you couldn't do much about it until he had acted out. And in this case, his acting out was tragic.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: crazyewok

I know, but we have SO MANY more due to a larger population that those who ask us to be more like them ,fail to take into consideration.

``sigh`` Why do people insist on comparing the USA to places like Switzerland. Switzerland has a pretty homogeneous population of 8M people. USA, 380M. That's like management of a giant corporation like ExxonMobil compared to management of Bob 'n Shirley's Hamburger Joint.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I don't think they can tell.
We ARE so different from the rest of the world they apparently only see us as crazies.
Funny how we are called for help when the get invaded during wartime though. isn't it?
We can't really blame them, I think j,ust try to tell them our truths as we understand them like they do.
Until they insult or set themselves above it all ,THEN blame them.

edit on 2-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So we can't do much about it until they act out...

With the thought process like this there is no discussion for solution.

There are many things we can do. Yet certain people will jump "my rights my rights"...Heck these certain people even want obtaining a fire arm even easier.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!

This is not a thread to discuss the second amendment, or bicker with other members.
Please limit the discussion to the topic....which is the Oregon shooting.

This is not the first staff attempt to ask the thread stay on topic...You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Hey what would his rejection over administrative issues be? I'm curious, New Zealand Military works differently as its smaller.
Edit

The statment being

The shooter served in the Army from 2008 from November 5 to December 11 at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, but was "discharged for failing to meet the minimum administrative standards," from edition.cnn.com...
edit on 2-10-2015 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Jeb Bush Says 'Stuff Happens' In Response to Gun Violence

There’s a saying in the Quran: “The devil makes their deeds fair seeming to them”

Bush’s statement

Stuff happens

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This thread is moving so fast. I don't know if this has been brought up, but it seems an odd coincidence that this is the same college that one of the young men went to who thwarted that Muslim attack on a train in France. It's such a podunk little town with a community college no one out of that area would hear about, and yet this terrible shooting takes place there. It's very odd to me and too much weirdness really.

The fact that the authorities are being so tight lipped leaves me thinking they are hiding something.

OREGON — TMZ has learned Alek Skarlatos, one of three Americans who helped to thwart a terror attack on board a high-speed train zipping from Amsterdam to Paris in August, attends Umpqua Community College — where a gunman opened fire on Thursday, October 1st, killing 10 people and leaving seven hurt.

Alek Skarlatos was rehearsing for “Dancing with the Stars” Thursday when he got gut-wrenching news: His college was under attack.

fox6now.com...
edit on 2-10-2015 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
One eyewitness mentions a National Guard guy in the parking lot outside Snyder Hall:

aplus.com...
25-year-old Navy Veteran Kenny Ungerman was chatting with a National Guard Recruiter outside of Umpqua Community College’s Snyder Hall.

www.msnbc.com...
Q: Is it common for a National Guard recruiter to be on campus?
A: The reason he was on campus was ... He thought there was a .. I forgot what it's called, uh, he had a meeting there I believe is why he was there. ...

He thought there was a ...what? I wonder if this "meeting" had something to do with the shooting?

"Q: Can you describe the gunman for us?
"A: I saw a 20 year old white male..."

20? Again? Are they following some kind of script here?

(post by starviego removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

:28, the cops knew it was safe, but we had to have our hands in the air so they knew we weren't armed.

So which is it, did the cops know it was safe, or did they not know it was safe?

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join