It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I don't quite understand what you're driving at. What would be the significance of a National Guard guy on the campus at the time?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: filosophia

:28, the cops knew it was safe, but we had to have our hands in the air so they knew we weren't armed.

So which is it, did the cops know it was safe, or did they not know it was safe?

I remember, early on in the reporting, just after the shooting,...an official report that police were looking for a second person they called "a rioter"...and it was reported that he may be hiding on the grounds inside a car.

I don't know in what context "a rioter" was being used in this event...and curiously, nothing more was said on this.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I don't quite understand what you're driving at. What would be the significance of a National Guard guy on the campus at the time?

Maybe nothing, maybe everything. I have always suspected a military link in a lot of these events, so the presence of this person right outside the scene of the shooting could be significant. Interestingly, there is no more mention of this NG guy anywhere, even though he could have been an eyewitness.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I have always suspected a military link in a lot of these events, so the presence of this person right outside the scene of the shooting could be significant

Given the MIC of the US, it has a part even if it is not intentional. On the other hand, the US government has proven it is not above corruption and illegal dealings.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW.... is why the carmel colored Travon Martin 'he could have been my son' incident was all Loved by Obama to the sickening degree Muslim-in-chief could muster
Is not followed up---in a very vocal way--- that the Oregon perp. also a carmel colored guy was not likened to a fictional 'son'...
It's not that the Prez is not anti-Christian in the same spirit as the perp. (chris harper mercer)
reflect that Hussein Obama terms Christians as 'extremists' ...but Allah Akbar yelling murderers are not radical or extreme---but are just disappointed workers under stress, Jihad aside, because that is a moderate way of expression !

2 Face Hussein O. had every week of his second term, so far, having a mass shooting event taking place...
is this normal?
look at Chicagos' murder reports... the sporatic shootings around the rest of the nation pale in comparison to his home base from which he was elected (legally or else)...let BHO retire back in his district & keep his buddy in the mayors mansion ---
that would be a better end to his term than being impeached from his detrimental WH occupancy

www.nytimes.com... ction=U.S.®ion=Footer&module=MoreInSection&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=article

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but the news just reported the shooter was enrolled at the school and was a student in the class.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Found an article that stated "Mercer enlisted in the army in 2008, but was discharged after less than a month in basic training, for reasons unknown."
Link www.bbc.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What say we all make an agreement NOT to use the shooter's name and to blank his name from any articles we copy?
Let's all do our part (however small it may be) to not give this POS any semblance of the the fame he was seeking.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
aplus.com...
"I saw a guy with a handgun right outside, he was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. He was going toward the building and he just disappeared into the building," Kenny Ungerman told NBC News.

The eyewitness saw the shooter wearing a t-shirt and carrying a handgun. So where did the shooter stash his five other guns and a flak jacket? Six guns means multiple shooters.

news.yahoo.com...
"So far we have recovered 13 weapons. Six were recovered at the school, seven recovered at the shooter's residence," said Celinez Nunez, an agent with the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives....
"In addition to the weapons recovered, we also were able to recover a flak jacket lying next to the rifle at the school, and it had steel plates with five magazines," Nunez said.

----------------

The Dead

-- Lucero Alcaraz, 19

-- Treven Taylor Anspach, 20

-- Rebecka Ann Carnes, 18

-- Quinn Glen Cooper, 18

-- Kim Saltmarsh Dietz, 59

-- Lucas Eibel, 18

-- Jason Dale Johnson, 33

-- Lawrence Levine, 67 (teacher)

-- Sarena Dawn Moore, 44
edit on 2-10-2015 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2015 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

He could've stashed the guns and vest in a locker or somewhere else in the school.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Maybe the guy had an escape route planned with multiple weapon drops for him to pick up on his established route?.
Maybe the weapons found with the flak jacket was his escape route but he never got to them?.
Just throwing ideas around.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I haven't seen any mention of him being enrolled as a student.

Thanks too every one for the updates, though this thread would have been a lot less cumbersome without all the back and forth about guns.

We do need to figure out the why and then hopefully can begin dismantle whatever it is that keeps producing people who end up like this.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Oregon shooting: Gunman was student in class
+

ROSEBURG, Oregon (CNN) —The man who gunned down nine people at an Oregon community college was enrolled in the class where the fatal shootings occurred, Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said Friday.
+

www.wyff4.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

That would be Ft Jackson if it was army they train clerks.
Cubical slaves...
edit on 2-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

So perhaps he could not do the job? It just is very strange wordage to me. Imprecise even.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: filosophia

:28, the cops knew it was safe, but we had to have our hands in the air so they knew we weren't armed.

So which is it, did the cops know it was safe, or did they not know it was safe?

Kayleen Holm is my ex-Boss's Daughter! I honestly thought she was still in high school as a senior

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of Saiv Sharma?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Googled it...only a Savi Sharma came up.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx
Yeah not too tactical or smart they are better off yelling at them to throw the bags down and run the opposite direction to safety. They were pretty worried about another shooter apparently though but that is definitely a little sloppy on the evacuation side of the house.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join