It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question for which Berenstein Skeptics Have No Answer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat
I'm sure there were quit a few Ham Radio discussions going around back in the day, but the internet is barely 20 years strong,
It took a while to calm down and get to brass tacks what with all the suddenly free boobies that we could browse for free.

It's more than that, I was reading BBS's at 4 years old back in 1987.

On topic, I remember it very clearly as Berenstein, I was shocked when I checked some of the books and it said Berenstain.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Thank you for reminding everyone! It seems that skeptics of this subject love to jump onto points or arguments which are to varying extents off-topic to the OP. The whole point of this thread is to ask how skeptics of this subject can overlook the fact that it is only now, recently, that we are all discovering that "The Berenstein Bears" never existed.

But that also be looked at as evidence AGAINST the time shift theory.

Yes, why is that a lot of people are now hearing and talking about this and yet no one is specifying a date for when this supposedly happened?

It's because people are only discovering this by having it brought to their attention as a result of the internet discussion not because they discovered it themselves by noticing a book. Which actually might indicate that people weren't paying as close attention as they would like to think.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
An the Alien Overlords on the other side, existing between two seconds of clock are saying "OMG"(facepalm) As if the Bible wasn't problematic enough.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

You wanna know what would count for an alternate dimension if some ever found themselves in one, stuff like the Incredible Hulk still being coloured Grey with blue trousers, where that printing accident never happened, which affected who the Hulk looks today. Or the Christian story of being more or less based of the Gospel of Thomas, affecting the idealogies, thereby brining different outcomes.

It would be alot like Bruce Wayne getting shot...Anyone even seen the Flashpoint Paradox.

edit on 1-10-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So it looks like a very large part of the current population on this site came into this reality late.

Here, the bears were always Berenstain, Charles was Schulz, and Australia was exactly where it is now.

So, I wonder, why did y'all come over at this time? Reality refugees? Universe immigrants? Party crashers? Spies?

edit on 1-10-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Now that is funny.

I am not the subject of this thread, though. Let's not thread drift.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Us 'Steiners' or whatever are still trying to make sense of this stuff as well. We are finding remnants of what we remember, scattered amidst the way these things are now. It seems that, on many official websites, the 'correct' (current reality) spellings are present, as well as on published books, etc. There seems to be an exception though when it comes to individuals. Just as some of us remember "Berenstein" or "Schultz," so too are some recorded individual accounts from the past still saying it that old way as well. There is a theory that this reality shift (or whatever) doesn't impede upon individuals' personal memories or ties to certain aspects of the old reality. So, not only do you still remember "Schultz," but, according to this theory, if you'd made a docu on him years ago and viewed it now, you would still be saying the name correctly (or incorrectly: the old way.) The shift affects memories and the physical world, but the odd thing is how it doesn't affect everyone's personal realities.

I would be very curious to see someone conducting a study into how many of these people in such articles or videos who are still recorded as having spelled/pronounced these things the way we remember actually themselves still do remember those spellings/pronunciations.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Milah

I'd be really curious to see or listen to a recording from years ago of various people discussing the "Berenstein Bears!" I can't help but wonder if some of them would have been recorded with the old spelling/pronunciation and some of them with the new one.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

It indeed is looking like this was some kind of allusive change which somehow came about over time, as if someone was hoping no one would really notice perhaps. It's so weird. But it's almost like someone reprogrammed some data to this reality (looking at it as a Matrix/software sort of thing, literally or figuratively,) but rather than everything suddenly shifting in some precise way, it sort of balances out so that the new reality is established organically--almost like adding small amounts of black dye to a glass of water until it turns black, rather than dumping it in all at once. Perhaps, if reality were to change so bluntly it might cause some kind of traumatic reaction in the collective unconscious. Or, maybe such changes (as it involves changing various mediums, memories, cultural events and things related to the old reality) just can't be easily or neatly implemented due to how complex such a task would be.

Fascinating subject for sure!

edit on 2-10-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

hahaha wish we knew! Wasn't our idea, for sure!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

But it's almost like someone reprogrammed some data to this reality (looking at it as a Matrix/software sort of thing, literally or figuratively,) but rather than everything suddenly shifting in some precise way, it sort of balances out so that the new reality is established organically--almost like adding small amounts of black dye to a glass of water until it turns black, rather than dumping it in all at once.

There doesn't need to be a "they" who are changing things to support the timeline theory, you can find many out-there theories about timelines naturally blending (contracting?) and stuff like that.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasteel

I know. I have no idea how this happened. I'm just exploring possibilities.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

but rather than everything suddenly shifting in some precise way, it sort of balances out so that the new reality is established organically--almost like adding small amounts of black dye to a glass of water until it turns black, rather than dumping it in all at once.

But the topic of the thread according to the OP is: "Why, or how, is it only now that these things have entered into the mass consciousness?"

So, one can't really start from that premise and then also argue that it was a "foggy" transition that happened gradually. If there was an "organic" shift to Berenstain then why, as the OP asks, why wasn't there some debate about this in the past?

If the OP's premise is correct then you have a large number of people suddenly becoming aware of this now, yet no one can pinpoint a date from all this testimony about when this supposedly happened. Once again, a prosaic explanation is that people are only discovering this as a result of it being brought to their attention as a result of the internet discussions, not as a result of unmotivated personal examination of the books. And that raises questions about how carefully they were actually observing the books in the first place, even if you want to go with an "organic" theory.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
He Was This Magic In The Stain
The Magic Was in The Stain (without He?)
In This Stain He Was The Magic

Anyhow..

Doing the anagram game I managed to make "A Warheads Contagion" from the "here and now" or "changed" or "added" letters, and from the "original" letters: "Reorient Ray". Funny games all around.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The point of the OP was to ask skeptics to answer why so many people are remembering the same differences in reality around the same time. Myself and others have pointed out that not one skeptic has yet made a serious attempt at explaining it yet. This keeps going off-topic. Myself and others have tried to encourage skeptics to answer the question posed by the OP but, as you yourself demonstrate, skeptics prefer picking at anything but.

We're still trying to make sense of this ourselves and we're fascinated by the topic and love discussing it. I think, in part, we're waiting for the skeptics to either make an argument to the OP or to admit that they cannot. We are still waiting.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

So you are saying the son of the author doesn't know how to spell his own name?

Linky

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The point of the OP was to ask skeptics to answer why so many people are remembering the same differences in reality around the same time. Myself and others have pointed out that not one skeptic has yet made a serious attempt at explaining it yet. This keeps going off-topic. Myself and others have tried to encourage skeptics to answer the question posed by the OP but, as you yourself demonstrate, skeptics prefer picking at anything but.

We're still trying to make sense of this ourselves and we're fascinated by the topic and love discussing it. I think, in part, we're waiting for the skeptics to either make an argument to the OP or to admit that they cannot. We are still waiting.

I just offered a very serious on topic alternative explanation. Four posts up. In the post you are replying to.

To repeat: a lot of people who were mistaken about the spelling are now finding out because this has become a popular topic on the internet.

edit on 2-10-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I was being considerate before. I see now that you actually see that idea as a plausible answer to the question. Perhaps you should go back and reread the question. The question is not why do people remember things wrong? The question is: why are so many people remembering the same spelling/pronunciation changes all around the same time? These are people from various cultures and languages. If you have no plausible explanations for this problem, fine. Don't pretend you do.

No one can explain this away and that's the point in asking it. If someone can, they can go right ahead. Still waiting...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Did you happen to notice my theory regarding the timing? Basically there is no need for hyperdimensionjiggery. Perhaps there was some type of MK-Ultra or Naomi/Artichoke/Monarch operation going on in the primarily 80s/90s. For whatever reason some kind of false memory or suggestion could have been implanted in various media and at a later date say 2005ish a trigger was issued in another form of mass media. This could explain the other instances like mirror, mirror, Mr. Rogers etc since it could have been placed throughout multiple VHS or television broadcast.

This is pure conjecture but there would definitely be motive in altering peoples perception of historical events if this were possible. The idea makes for some great conspiracy theory without all of the sci-fi twin worlds stuff.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Oh please- I have seen the question answered reasonably many times in this thread. The answers are being ignored.

The moral of this story is- people only pay attention to what they want to hear or see. Their perception of the reality around them is formed by their current beliefs.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join