It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question for which Berenstein Skeptics Have No Answer

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
Perhaps there was some type of MK-Ultra or Naomi/Artichoke/Monarch operation going on in the primarily 80s/90s. For whatever reason some kind of false memory or suggestion could have been implanted in various media and at a later date say 2005ish a trigger was issued in another form of mass media.

At what point did they sneak into people's houses and take away all of the books labeled "Berenstein" and replace them with books labeled as "Berenstain"?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

The shift affects memories and the physical world, but the odd thing is how it doesn't affect everyone's personal realities.

I'm on your side, but to me, if it were a time shift, why wouldn't everyone's memories be affected and not just some? I still don't know the answer myself as to why these things have happened.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
a reply to: James1982

So you are saying the son of the author doesn't know how to spell his own name?

Linky

It's a conspiracy! LOL! Seriously though, this is so bizarre and I have no clue what's going on, only that something is indeed going on.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

You seem to be seeing it from the Berenstein being the correct version assumption. The physical evidence points to Berenstain the only instance where it is Berenstein involves memory. Still doesn't invalidate my theory.
edit on 4-10-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

People have responded to it, but no one has brought forward an explanation to explain the problem presented by the OP. If you feel there are any, please do quote them. Critics just keep saying it's a false memory. The point of this thread is to see if the critics can answer the question: why are so many people remembering the same exact things at around the same time?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I went back and started to copy and paste all the quotes from those who answered with perfectly logical responses to that question... but by page five, It was getting too long and I have other things to do today.

The very logical and reasonable response of internet memes and faulty memory. Since internet has become mainstream, there are waves of memes that spread at a fast pace in time. When something has "gone viral" it becomes the theme of the moment globally. I see the internet as a materialized manifestation of the collective consciousness.
A wave started at a specific time, and spread- that doesn't mean the phenomenon it focuses on was not existing before that.

The misreading has always been there- the son of this couple explained how the name came about to that uncommon spelling, and the way people ALWAYS misread it.

If he remembers his name being spelled that way always, and his teachers and neighbors repeatedly misreading it, were those people simultaneously in another reality while interacting with this one?
If they were holding a paper on which he could see "Berenstain" written on it, where they holding a paper that for them, in their alternate-yet-superimposed-reality that said "Berenstein"?

Also, if you look around the web, you see a lot of people claim it was "Bernstein" - another more common name. So there's ANOTHER alternate reality-timeline.

It might be that there were endless numbers of realities/timelines, all with various differences, and our consciousness shifts from one to the other, throughout our conscious lifetime (s).

Perhaps we can even have one foot in one, and the other in another (like the people who, faced with the Berenstain son, were simultaneously in another timeline).... or like the kids I argued with on the playground. Perhaps their conscious awareness had just crossed over into their doppelgangers of this reality, so they hadn't caught up with the specific details of this one yet. So when I showed them a book, it helped "ground" them here.

I am not averse to exploring creative thought on possibilities- I actually like doing that.
But one of them (albeit, one of the less fantastic and exciting ones) is that our minds have a tendency to take short cuts and not pay attention to details, but rather refer to previous knowledge and experiences.
Once determined, it will easily overlook the same flawed assumption again and again, until something makes them focus on it carefully.

I recently wondered if there is a reality in which Europe is a country. Seems there are tons of people out there for whom it has always been! Even though maps going back for a long time all show it to be made up of many countries, and the people living in European countries have no memory of that being the case.
There's another timeline-reality clash!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Do you mean "continent"?
I haven't heard this one yet...

Interesting!

I recently wondered if there is a reality in which Europe is a country. Seems there are tons of people out there for whom it has always been! Even though maps going back for a long time all show it to be made up of many countries, and the people living in European countries have no memory of that being the case.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Do you mean "continent"?
I haven't heard this one yet...

Interesting!

Oh yeah - I come across people on the net all the time who think Europe is a country - like one nation.
Either they are recently arrived from a parallel reality, or... they were just too busy sending notes in geography class, and then never looked carefully at maps in front of them since then.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

sigh. really? alright, let me explain why these reposes are not plausible solutions to the problem.

And indeed, my point is that no one has explained the problem (presented a working theory to solve it (something which can explain why it is so.)

1. Memes come and go, sure, but this is not a meme. I'm not saying that it isn't impossible for someone to run with it and falsely claim to have alternate memories (people could claim that of a lot of things.) Many of us have vivid memories of things being different. Trying write this off does not work. But, I am responding to a skepticism of the Mandela Effect itself here, not the question: why are so many of us realizing the same exact things to be differently (the same exact difference, at that) at around the same time?

2. Yes, there is indeed a history of it being written or pronounced differently. Many of us who have experienced the Mandela Effect believe this to be remnants of the old reality, or more specifically, that one's own memory of events of the alternate past still exists: that they always said or wrote "-stein." To me, this is evidence of reality changing versus slipping into a different reality. But, I am responding to a skepticism of the Mandela Effect itself here, not the question: why are so many of us realizing the same exact things to be differently (the same exact difference, at that) at around the same time?

3. I'm sorry but I have trouble understanding that question, due to poor grammar. Could you explain what they mean, if you know? It seems to be more of curious question than a skeptic's reply.

4. Yeah, some people have the surname "-stein," and that applies to this question because..?

The rest seems to be your own thoughts, I assume? It's unclear because the quoted paragraphs are not distinguished. If so, that's cool that you are open-minded. My point has been that no one has given a solution to the problem presented.

I personally do not believe in alternative realities. I believe that I have a soul and exist in this one reality alone. Theoretically, other lifelines might exist as echoes of this reality. Think of it like a mirror: you turn around and look over your shoulder, seeing yourself from a behind, reversed perspective. In essence, an alternate 'you' exists in another dimension. If actual dimensions of different realities to this one do exist, I would assume them to be mere mirror illusions (reflecting reversed or different configurations of this one.) You and I are here in this reality and no other (from the outlook of my theory, that is.)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This is so interesting to me. I read a lot of Berenstein Bears books in first grade. Our class had reading groups in which parents could gain volunteer hours by listening and helping us read in these groups. I remember that I read pretty much every book but I brought one of the Berenstein bear books to my group. I said Beren STEEN and the parent in my group said it was pronounced Beren STINE. I remember looking at her and thinking, nope, I'm still saying STEEN.
Fast forward to 2012, when my twin daughters were three years old. I had it on PBS and I heard the Berenstein Bears theme song on. Of course I stopped cleaning, because I loved that book as a child. I thought it was weird that in the song they were singing Beren STAIN and then I noticed the a in the name. I was completely surprised by it. I too have talked to a lot of people who remember it with an e. It's very possible, I suppose, that I just misread but after that event in my reading group, I remember it pretty vividly. Crazy stuff, same with the Mr. Rogers theme song.

PS speak text writes Berenstein lol

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ok, here I go off the deep end of the pool instead of wading in.

I remember it Both ways. Sometimes the Stein sometimes the Stain...

Sort of Looking at that spinning image of the silhouette ballerina and watching it change direction.

More so when I went and looked at the book on the bookshelf while the stain was clearly visible in the print part I still could swear the cursive part looked like stein.

This got me thinking and I am shocked that in both the threads I read on this topic no one has touched on it.

One of the Theories of Quantum Mechanics is for every choice made the other choices are also made. Giving rise to the Infinite Realities Theory.

But how can Infinity exist in a finite space, it cant.

So to compensate The Realities that are Extremely close get folded together to make room for other realities. This creates the Small inconsistencies and Deja vu among other things.

The inconsistencies get factored out over time with the stronger remembered item for the most part winning out.

This way the Quantum Universe can expand to accommodate the what if scenario then remove it like a living skin cell splitting, then the weaker one getting shed off as dander.

The merged reality thing happens more when the difference really does not matter. Hence Mandela is dead, Mandela is Alive... the interview was with A vampire or the vampire, stein or stain either way the resulting world is the same so they can be merged with little to no consequence. It is when the matter would cause drastic change in the world that the realities do not reconcile Until further down the line when the change would no longer matter.

Give it a few more years and we will be having this debate over Gore won Bush Sued and won the lawsuit, or Bush won and Gore Sued and lost the suit. People will remember it both ways because even though the end result was the same those two realities split away far enough from each other to cause a delay in merger.

After all a Finite Space no mater how large is still Finite, and thus can not hold Infinity within its bounds.

Something to chew on while enjoying a

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
In 2003 , reality was re-booted . It's all an illusion anyway ,
and things had suddenly taken a turn for the worse.
I'm not going to elaborate on that ,but for that reason ,
the Big Guy , changed a few things slightly , but the bear thing
was supposed to be the only glitch ....

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
In 2003 , reality was re-booted . It's all an illusion anyway ,
and things had suddenly taken a turn for the worse.
I'm not going to elaborate on that ,but for that reason ,
the Big Guy , changed a few things slightly , but the bear thing
was supposed to be the only glitch ....

Ok I got to ask, what happened in 2003 that caused a Reboot...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

The PTB evil agenda was about to overtake
the forces of good .
The ongoing battle was stopped in its tracks.
PTB backed down , and have averted shutdown.

The Big Guy won , but is yet to deal with said rebellion ..

However , the glitches are multiplying.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join