It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on the Federal Reserve (all are encouraged to comment!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

All fiat currencies become worthless eventually. Why delay the inevitable? If we forgive our own debt, we get out while the getting is good (or fair). That's what you do. When a stock is going to crash, divest before it does.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Aaron Russo's Documentary ''America Freedom To Fascism' is a must see but a simple explanation is here...

UK passed a US Social Security Act in 1997 as explained in this Link.
edit on 28 9 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
All fiat currencies become worthless eventually. Why delay the inevitable?

Let us just say, for arguments sake, that this was a good idea, after this great debt reneging, then what?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Prepare for the inevitable invasion. There is no way international bankers would allow a country the size of the US to exist outside the control of a debt-based fiat currency.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
From FACTCHECK.

The stockholders in the 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks are the privately owned banks that fall under the Federal Reserve System. These include all national banks (chartered by the federal government) and those state-chartered banks that wish to join and meet certain requirements. About 38 percent of the nation’s more than 8,000 banks are members of the system, and thus own the Fed banks.

It does not say anything about foreign ownership.

The concept of “ownership” needs some explaining here, however. The member banks must by law invest 3 percent of their capital as stock in the Reserve Banks, and they cannot sell or trade their stock or even use that stock as collateral to borrow money. They do receive dividends of 6 percent per year from the Reserve Banks and get to elect each Reserve Bank’s board of directors.

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

But let’s keep this in the right perspective. Last year the Fed earned $90.5B. Of this, $1.6B was paid out in dividends. The remaining $88B was remitted back to the US Treasury. While the US Treasury doesn’t technically own shares in the Federal Reserve the Fed is required to remit its profits at the end of the year back to the Federal Government

www.businessinsider.com...

In other words, the US Treasury is the recipient of most of the Fed’s profits.

edit on 28-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Woodrow Wilson has something to say about the matter. He signed the act...

“I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.” -Woodrow Wilson

The real truth of the matter is,as you and I know, that a financial
element in the large centers has owned the government ever since
the days of Andrew Jackson… -Franklin D. Roosevelt
(in a letter to Colonel House, dated November 21, 1933)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Prepare for the inevitable invasion.

So, first tank the economy, then next, prepare for an invasion.

Why would anyone think this is a good plan?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Prepare for the inevitable invasion.

So, first tank the economy, then next, prepare for an invasion.

Why would anyone think this is a good plan?

I can see where not everyone would think it's a good idea. Many people would prefer the relative comfort of perpetual debt slavery over the uncertainty of freedom. The Federal Reserve Bank is a cancerous parasite that will continue to drain every drop of life-blood out of the American people until there is nothing left. Cutting it out will be painful, and there is no guarantee that it will be permanently removed. But in the end, it will be our decedents that pay a heavier price for our inaction, just as we now pay the price for the inaction of our forefathers.

I just happen to be a fan of the Patrick Henry school of thought:
"Is life so dear, and is peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the bonds of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I can see where not everyone would think it's a good idea. Many people would prefer the relative comfort of perpetual debt slavery over the uncertainty of freedom.

In your scenario how is a failed economy and an ensuing invasion 'freedom'?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I can see where not everyone would think it's a good idea. Many people would prefer the relative comfort of perpetual debt slavery over the uncertainty of freedom.

In your scenario how is a failed economy and an ensuing invasion 'freedom'?

Forgive me, but I'm a little unclear as to what you are asking. Are you asking how casting off the shackles of debt slavery could lead to freedom? Or are you asking why anyone should prefer an uncertain freedom to a comparatively comfortable slavery?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Andrew Jackson was thr last pres who fought the banks. Fun fact, the Fed is the 3rd national bank in the US.

Another fun fact. The war of 1812 was fought for the 2nd bank. The brittish knew they could not win, in the long run, but knew they could fight long enough to create enough debt to force the US into another central banking system. It worked. The US lost that war. The bankers at the time made their goals very clear.

It is all very interesting reading. The revolutionary war never ended, it just went cold, and we've been losing it for a little over a century.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Be vegan like Moby and say that eating steak leads to climate destruction and we won't have to worry about the Federal Reserve printing billions of dollars of worthless paper.
edit on 7-6-2016 by jodie76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

1. What's a Federal Reserve Note worth now?

It is worth what someone will give you for it.

2. The Federal Reserve owes the remaining debt, let them pay it. Their shareholders can take the hit. That's what happens when you invest in a shady corporation.

You still end up with a defaulted nation and a worthless currency.

no no the federal notes are all out of buying power....gold adjusted and we are now just about out of remedy tactics....

so, we mine gold with a track hoe....there is no future for cash.....already. go to S W Colrado...it awaits you there if you care to walk where the dredges stopped. dig till ya hit big rocks.....
edit on 8-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 8-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jodie76
Be vegan like Moby and say that eating steak leads to climate destruction and we won't have to worry about the Federal Reserve printing billions of dollars of worthless paper.

The FED doesn't print money.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join