It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Republican is a mismatch for Christianity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Regarding abortion, I firmly believe that most people choose to be for or against solely based on their political affiliation. What this tells me is that they aren't truly convicted in their stance, they are just going with the flow. Normal 'individuals' would not agree with every single platform of their party of choice. There are too many issues, how is that possible? I suspect people just jump on board cause "that's what a republican believes" or "that's what a democrat believes".

Abortion is such a hairy issue and I haven't quite taken a stance on it yet. There is so much to weigh. I will say though, that righties don't see the comparison between the death penalty and abortion, coming from someone who is neutral, the comparison is legitimate. Where's Jesus' love, forgiveness and compassion on that subject, Christians? Consistency would be nice.
edit on 26-9-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

At least you have an open mind. I used to be the most extreme leftist you could imagine and abortion was always one of the issues I was on the fence on. Anyway the logic behind the death penalty is that the murderer will never have the opportunity to harm anyone again. You have to realize that we aren't supposed to be Jesus or God and salvation can only be granted through them. It is not our societies place to forgive or give redemption and certainly not for those who have committed such a serious crime. An individual can forgive of course.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danton
It is not our societies place to forgive or give redemption

I just don't understand how you can say that when you are saying it is society's place to end their life. Life imprisonment is enough, death penalty is revenge.

I agree that abortion is a very complex and heavy issue that requires a lot of serious thought. Personally I don't take issue with morning after pills or even early pregnancy abortions, it's the third trimester and late pregnancy ones that I'm just not sure about.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

In Prison they can escape or harm other Prisoners and it costs the state thousands of dollars that could go towards something else. It's interesting you are on the fence when it comes to murdering unborn children but believe murderers should live at the tax payers expense. I respect your views and acknowledge many people do hold them but I believe your priorities are wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Why are we talking about abortions?

Why bring in Planned Parenthood?

Who are murdering babies and what does it have to do with the topic?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

The post I quoted mentioned it and I related to his position as it was once one I held.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Danton

Ah ok I reread his posts yes.

I do not know why this has to do with the topic.

I get that abortion is a problem for the Conservatives, the far right and Christians.

But nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I don't believe you have to be a Christian to have an issue with it. To be honest I'm still somewhat on the fence but it is something I have always had an issue with long before I was a Christian or far right if that is what I am today. I don't like to pigeonhole myself and in the journey that is life I fully expect my views to change again.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I don't believe you have to be a Christian to have an issue with it.

Who doesn't? But it is the Christians who scream the loudest.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Not really. Nations with Christian majorities have the most liberal abortion laws in the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Kim Davis don't scream loud enough for you?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I have no idea who that is but they obviously aren't in any position of power otherwise they wouldn't be screaming. Those who disagreed would be.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I have no idea who that is but they obviously aren't in any position of power otherwise they wouldn't be screaming. Those who disagreed would be.

Are you really serious? Kim Davis is all over the news.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I'm Australian. We might have different news coverage to other nations and yes I see the irony of someone from a nation without the death penalty arguing the logic of it.
edit on 26-9-2015 by Danton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I'm Australian.

G'day mate.

We might have different news coverage to other nations

True.

What I am trying to get at is this topic.

Perhaps I should rephrase the OP's title?

Was Jesus a Conservative Republican?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Anyway I google searched and I don't see how this person is relevant to the issue of abortion.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Sorry drunk right now. Can no longer discuss.

Perhaps you should take your own advice. I'm sure you will feel better and be more coherent in the morning.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Anyway I google searched and I don't see how this person is relevant to the issue of abortion.

Yes this thread has nothing to do with abortion.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

My post did however. I don't think you are following the flow of the debate very well.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Oh I followed very well. I read you and that other guy's posts. For some reason abortion was brought in. What does that have to do with the topic?

Somebody said that
liberals = murdering babies.
conservatives = saving babies.

That is appealing to emotions.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join