It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Republican is a mismatch for Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Right wing, left wing, what's the difference? Both are driving this country into the ground with their inability to agree on anything. Your stance is what's wrong with America, the same goes for the Liberal left as well.

Always ready to throw blame on the other side all while ignoring what's wrong with your own side. Conservatives and Liberals aren't as different as you may think.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Conservatives and Liberals aren't as different as you may think.

Republicans and liberals aren't as different would be a more accurate statement. Conservatives, of which there are nearly none left in the GOP, are quite different from modern liberals.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

One can not get anymore ridiculous than saying the left makes better christians than the right.

Even going beyond to the ridiculousness of saying the right hates women, and minorities.

When it doesn't come down to equality.

IT boils down to taking money away from one group, and giving it the lefts' protected' class.

That is what it means to be 'racist'.

That is what means to be 'sexist'.

Oh yeah there is a face palm coming reminiscent of the Three Stooges Triple.

And hell for icing on the cake throw religion in the mix.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

That is the most ridiculous, empty headed thing I have ever heard. It takes two to make a baby, and only one of those people cannot escape the consequences without medical aid. Simply put, you DO have a problem with women, if you think they should be paying on their own, for something they had to have a mans help to cause to happen.

The facepalm is stronger with you than usual tonight... Are you ok?

Why should a woman need to have free birth control? I ask that as a woman. Do I need to pay for men's prostate exams?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I just thought I should jump in and point out the obvious here - the term "conservative republican" is an oxymoron. There is no such thing as a conservative anything in American politics. All of them, democrats and republicans, want to spend, spend, spend. They all spend far more than is taken in. We vote for "change" and all that changed was the spending was increased, more sovereign nations were attacked, and blame was shifted to others. Every time we "change" parties in the White House - nothing changes.

As far as the Christianity part - the absolute worse thing to happen to Christianity was the church. Biggest steaming pile of hypocrisy ever. There are probably a couple of decent church going "Christians" out there, but my atheist step-father (for example) is a better "Christian" than most church goers that I know. For myself, my "church" is my family and community and, as a Christian I try to serve them instead of condemn them to some fictional eternal furnace.

As for my personal faith - if we could find a candidate who would actually allow religious freedom, truly try to balance the budget, quit pandering to every single pile of crap special interest group, not give a crap who marries who, keep our defense strong - but GTFO of everyone else's business and absolutely defend the right of everyone having whatever opinion they want without some dumba$$ "hate speech" crap label being attached to different opinions, etc. - then maybe they would have my vote regardless of what letter they put behind their name.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That is the most ridiculous, empty headed thing I have ever heard. It takes two to make a baby, and only one of those people cannot escape the consequences without medical aid. Simply put, you DO have a problem with women, if you think they should be paying on their own, for something they had to have a mans help to cause to happen.

The facepalm is stronger with you than usual tonight... Are you ok?

Why should a woman need to have free birth control? I ask that as a woman. Do I need to pay for men's prostate exams?

Won't have to pay for mine.

I'm an adult.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Well, and I seem to recall a time or two that there was this one form of birth control ... what was it ... oh, yes ... a condom. Men were able to buy that just as easily as woman could and no one has to have a doctor in on it. Sometimes, you could even get them for free if you knew where to go.

So this idea that a woman is always one the hook for birth control is a little silly.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do prostate exams create babies?

How about comparing it to condoms.
Which men can get for free as well.

What is so bad about paying for BC? Would you rather pay for a child on welfare?

Guess which one is cheaper.
edit on thThu, 24 Sep 2015 16:03:14 -0500America/Chicago920151480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'm just saying liberal values are more in line with Christ's teachings of love, forgiveness, and tolerance. Showing empathy toward illegal immigrants rather than judging them, showing love or tolerance for same-sex couples, believing in equality, being anti-war is a big one....

Conservative Republicans will call women whores, are pro guns and military, and so often loathe hippies, fight against efforts of equality, and spew so much hate.

Generally speaking, Liberal Democrats are just a better fit for the teachings of Christ. I honestly don't know what a modern Christian Conservative hating on illegals, muslims, gays, blacks, or siding with war and greed--- have in common with Jesus.

edit on 24-9-2015 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Do prostate exams create babies?

How about comparing it to condoms.
Which men can get for free as well.

What is so bad about paying for BC? Would you rather pay for a child on welfare?

Guess which one is cheaper.

The fact that I've paid for my own birth control as I've needed to all my life. It's a matter of taking responsibility for oneself.

Somehow, I've managed to not get pregnant because I've taken care of it, and when I've absolutely wanted to NOT get pregnant, I've doubled down by not having sex. It is possible.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Why the hell is anyone paying for sexual health and gynaecological health in the twenty first century?

There are layers of questions here.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I'm just saying liberal values are more in line with Christ's teachings of love, forgiveness, and tolerance. Showing empathy toward illegal immigrants rather than judging them, showing love or tolerance for same-sex couples, believing in equality, being anti-war is a big one....

Too funny!

Liberals are THE most INTOLERANT group of people I have ever seen. Case in point this thread.

Conservative Republicans will call women whores, are pro guns and military, and so often loathe hippies, fight against efforts of equality, and spew so much hate.

Did ya miss the left's Bill Maher, and Ed Schultz saying not so nice things about women?

The Left is pro gun too hell between Fast and Furious, and arming terrorists over in the middle east.

The Left sure as crap don't give a crap about rich people RIGHTS, or gun owners RIGHTS, pro equality my snip.

General speaking the LEFT just loves to think they are better than the RIGHT.

Hell for the last seven years I haven't ever seen it proven.

edit on 24-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Generally speaking, Liberal Democrats are just a better fit for the teachings of Christ. I honestly don't know what a modern Christian Conservative hating on illegals, muslims, gays, blacks, or siding with war and greed--- have in common with Jesus.

Which is truly equal?

Giving someone special consideration because of their ethnicity or treating everyone the same regardless. Did you know that in some university admissions processes, Asian test scores are docked points, Caucasion scores are docked less points and Hispanic and African-American scores get bonus points with African-Americans receiving the most. Is that treating everyone with equality? Or is that trying to create equal outcome which is a different idea entirely.

And why is it wrong to not want people to commit a crime to come into this country? I like people who come here legally no matter where they're from. Legal entry indicates a respect for the law and this country. I have a cousin married to a legal immigrant and two aunts who are also legal immigrants. All three are from different areas of the world and none are from Europe. Do I think the legal process could be streamlined? Most definitely.

And there is nothing wrong with wanting to defend myself. I don't even own a gun, but I want that right reserved to me. History has shown too many instances where a government has disarmed the populace and then perpetrated genocide later on. That is the real reason why we have the 2nd Amendment -> to secure ourselves and our property against the government.

Also, you might want to actually read the COTUS. The national defense is the ONE thing the government is ordered to do for the country. That would be the military. Like it or not, a nation does need one, and it wouldn't work out so well to hire private mercenaries to do the job.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Why the hell is anyone paying for sexual health and gynaecological health in the twenty first century?

There are layers of questions here.

Birth control is not necessary health care. Your annual workup is different. Like it or not, sex is not necessary. It is completely optional to engage in. I understand that most people don't want to believe that anymore, but it is true. And so long as it's optional, you get to pay for your recreational activities. Society as a whole shouldn't be put on the hook for it.

Also, I constantly hear people whining that what goes on in their bedroom is none of my business? Well, if you don't want it to be my business, stop asking me to reach into my wallet to pay for what goes on in your bedroom. You take care of it.

Your entertainment is your business. Why? You pay for it. I don't. If you want to spend the money to build a mockup of the Starship Enterprise in your attic and play Cpt. Kirk all weekend, that's on you. Your money.

Similarly, if you want to hire someone to paint themselves green and play Orion slave girl to your Cpt. Kirk, that's also your business. I'm not paying for it.

Birth control is the same thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

General speaking the LEFT just loves to think they are better than the RIGHT. 

SMH, all you ever do is bash Liberals. Who thinks who is better again?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It's the same thing for you. But it is not biologically accurate to say that it is possible for most people to be living in the best physical health, without having some sexual intercourse. I do not get any, but I never fool myself into thinking that I am not doing my health harm by not getting what I can. I happen to have a moral code which prevents me from engaging in intercourse outside of a meaningful relationship, but that's just me, and the biological reality is that if there is no such compunction within oneself, then one has no reason to engage in that sort of emotional spartanism.

Romance is good for ones wider health, and a lack of it can be damaging to it. That is simply how it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There are ways, and you don't go blind.

But be that as it may, I shouldn't have to go digging for the times Christ dealt with this subject.

Fact is that while taking care of the nuts and bolts of the system is necessary as we don't have a choice about whether or not we have it, making use of it is still very much a choice. And when you use a thing of your own will, it shouldn't be anyone else's responsibility to have to pay for that.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Its true, you do not have to dig through the Bible, and certainly not on my account. But you have to understand that the Bible is not relevant to this, because it, and its edicts and advisories do not apply to everyone, because not everyone cares about what the good book says.

And I am not talking about self service, but actual intercourse. Actual intercourse with a partner is good for the body, and the mind if properly approached, and IS necessary for good health. This is not a point for debate. It is simply how it is. I am not talking about fooling the mind into releasing the feel good chemicals associated with orgasm, but the actual act itself is good for the body. Its bloody good exercise, improves muscle tone, cardiovascular health, improves the quality and depth of ones sleep and so on, and those are benefits which do NOT come with auto stimulative approaches to the subject.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If Jesus was a conservative republican his attitude might be "Why should I have to die for THEIR sins?"

Indeed why should Jesus die for the sins of whores and lepers and thieves... for all the sins they did, all the pain they brought on themselves, why should he have to pay for it all? And why should you have to pay for lazy poor people's healthcare?

Maybe if you follow the teachings of Jesus, you do it for love. Because it's the right thing to do.
edit on 24-9-2015 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Honestly, the real difference between a conservative Christian and a Liberal one is the ideal is individualism v. collectivism.

For the conservative Christian, your walk with Christ is personal and it is your responsibility to carry out His ideals as best you can of your own choice and volition. So in the realm of worldly politics, does that mean I want to keep as much of the fruits of my labors from Caesar as possible? Yes, but not because I want to use them all selfishly for myself. That is always the assumption the liberal Christian tends to make, but the reality is that what I do on my own is humbly fulfill my walk by giving of my time and resources personally. That means I reach into my wallet with my own hands, not Caesar's; I step out to the places of charity on my own time without needing Caesar to compel.

For the liberal Christian, the Christian walk is one that must be undertaken collectively and compelled using Caesar as the mechanism for what they call charity. This can lead to the mindset that no one is saved unless we all are which can take us to very dark and dangerous places, theocratic ones even. And the idea that someone could resist their wonderful, state compelled charity only means that those people who would do so are horrible, greedy and anti-Christ.
edit on 24-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join