It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Republican is a mismatch for Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It seems liberals are the better match for the teachings of Christ. Caring about other people, being anti-war, favoring the sick or poor or needy over greed.... It just fits better. Conservative Republicans bring too much hypocrisy to the religion. And it's that hypocrisy that liberals loathe. It seems Conservative Republicans only like Christianity for judgment of others and the divisiveness-- which is not at all what Christ's teachings are about.

Why does the Christian Conservative Right even exist? They are more in line with the establishment that would chant for Jesus death, than the side that would make friends with criminals, prostitutes, and anyone else choosing love. Isn't it such a heavy burden on the Christian Conservative to carry a bible? It would be like Darth Vader spouting teachings of Yoda while destroying planets. It doesn't make any sense.

Radical Islam is a better fit for Christian Conservatives. Or maybe the teachings of the Sith. But definitely not Christ.
edit on 24-9-2015 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Hmmmm

Well as a conservative christian who actually lives my faith, helps others, gives my time , builds homes for those in need, etc etc etc

Id have to say I dont agree

but thanks for telling me who I am, and what I should believe, I was really getting worried there that id have to figure it out on my own!

Lots of conservative hate going on ATS, you know, from the open minded, all inclusive , left.........lol
edit on 9/24/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Not to mention. "Liberals" in general are all talk. They only help people in need with "other peoples" money not their own. I firmly believe that the issue of Poverty will never be solved because that would remove the issue from their platform.

www.nytimes.com...

Conservatives also appear to be more generous than liberals in nonfinancial ways. People in red states are considerably more likely to volunteer for good causes, and conservatives give blood more often. If liberals and moderates gave blood as often as conservatives, Mr. Brooks said, the American blood supply would increase by 45 percent.

Poorer conservatives more generous than wealthy liberals – new study
www.rt.com...

Personal question.... Do you give to Charity?
edit on 24-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
link   

AMEN!

Testify to this from every rooftop, sing it from every lofty peak, and from the bottom of every canyon, that all may bask in the stark reality of this fundamental truth!

Hammer, meet Mr Nailhead!

link   
Radical Islam is a better fit for Christian liberals.

Hell they already deify the state, and worship at the alter of statolatry.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

AMEN!

Testify to this from every rooftop, sing it from every lofty peak, and from the bottom of every canyon, that all may bask in the stark reality of this fundamental truth!

Hammer, meet Mr Nailhead!

so your pro pigeonholing whole groups of people.........good to know

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That's usually how it turns out, history goes to show that the ones who seem to preach a certain message tend to act the opposite, they do not practice what they preach.

Matthew 23
13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

The Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus' day are the equivalent of today's Conservative Christian Republicans, preaching one thing and doing the opposite. They have let their religion merge with their politics just as the Pharisees and Sadducees did.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Accord to the op.

The only good Christian is a liberal Christian.

Which is what ISIS is been doing over in the middle east. The only good Muslim is an ISIS Muslim'.

And who are the 'extremists' again?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Butt-hurt Christians whine about "pigeonholing" while "pigeonholing" all Muslims, atheists....
Hmmmmmmm.

edit on 24-9-2015 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Na, we are a bunch of secular's remember?

Now some of these people talking about since it is in the bible then it is the law of the land... they would fit right in.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I am not really... I am just sick and tired of being pigeon holed by the British equivalent of the Conservative Republican Christian...for my whole life, simply because we were poor when I was a kid. It is nice to hear someone say the opposite to what I have been fed, even if it refers to events and persons remote from my geographical location.

You have to understand, that as a Christian, it has rankled with me since I was first able to read the word of Christ for myself, that poorer people, those less able to contribute, those who actually had lives outside of Church matters, and so on, would be lambasted and bought low by the congregation and the minister alike, constantly, not just in the one Church, but in virtually every congregation of which I was ever a part.

Judgement, not love. Enmity, not support. Intolerance, not understanding. These were central pillars of the Church as a whole when I was a boy. They are why I left the church, and took up a different path of faith in Jesus, one which involves eschewing ritual and ceremony, embracing those different from myself, comporting myself with understanding toward my fellow human beings, rather than judgement and fear, and actually providing a truly attentive ear to folk who need to talk, rather than using EVERY conversation as a reason to cram a bible verse down someone's neck uninvited. I take my worship with me every day, not specifically on Sundays, and I do it in every single little thing that I do.

Virtually every person in this area that goes to a church on Sunday, cannot say the same in the least, and they do not even understand why that is so wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Accord to the op.

The only good Christian is a liberal Christian.

Which is what ISIS is been doing over in the middle east. The only good Muslim is an ISIS Muslim'.

And who are the 'extremists' again?

good catch man good catch, thats pretty spot on assessment

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So bashing Christians as a whole is ok, but grouping Muslims as a whole is bad.
Now I see the hypocrisy

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I thought we were until this thread came about saying the left makes 'better' Christians.

Guess they can't make up their minds.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

actually absolutely agree with this whole post

The problem I believe isnt Conservative Christians............or liberal Christians.....

The problem is the fact that churches have stopped living their faith.....

People dont live their faith anymore, they think going to church on Sunday makes them a christian and the rest of the time is cool to do what they want.....

I dont feel thats a conservative thing, I feel thats watered down faith.......

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm pretty sure this was a bash on Conservative Republican Christians, not Christians as a whole. There are more Christians than the ones in America who identify as CRC's.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Butt-hurt Christians whine about "pigeonholing" while "pigeonholing" all Muslims, atheists....
Hmmmmmmm.

Please site the source where ive ever pigeonholed a whole religion, thanks!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well that is the OP's opinion.

Again Neo, remember not every single person is the spokesmen for all of the left.

Not that hard of a concept.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.

10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

So here we have Jesus eating with tax collectors who were certainly pretty wealthy in the Roman Empire because it was common to enrich yourself through the office. He did not tell them to turn over their wealth. He asked mercy, not sacrifice. Think about the differences between those two. Maybe look them up.

Also, understand, Jesus went to the sinners. If he calls you most strongly, you might think about what that means for you and your present life.

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”
Matthew 13:18-23

Anyone who hears the word produces a good crop, regardless of their circumstance. Wealth can be a trap but so can the "worries of life" which can mean being poor or otherwise careworn by the world for whatever reason. Either one can choke away the word.

“Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[h] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”
Matthew 18:23-35

Oh, the horror! Jesus is teaching using a parable about a man who had servants and kept track of debts! Not only that, but apparently the servants also kept track of debts ... and torture ...

There are more parables like this one. I guess we only like the messages we want to see in the Gospels.

edit on 24-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I am a Christian myself.

I can bash em all day and never be called out, and that's absolutely as it should be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join