It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Republican is a mismatch for Christianity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Danton

A classical liberal perhaps but certainly not a big government totalitarian leftist who would force on others what they would not willingly accept themselves.

Oh yeah for sure. I do not know of any one in the left who want to force acceptance. I am sure there are few extreme examples but basically they just want equal rights.

Conservatives and the right are for hierarchy and tradition right?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer
OP

Liberal Christians = pro-choice = murdering babies

Conservative Christians = pro-life = not murdering babies

Which of the above would Christ agree with?

Nobody is murdering babies. Nice strawman argument.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

They do believe the government is the solution however and the government collects its taxes through force. What if people do want to give to the poor or help them by proving jobs but don't trust the government to be the best way to distribute money or create jobs? There are plenty of people who are very dedicated to helping people and simply don't believe big government is the way to do that.

The OP is confusing lack of intent with lack of support of government programs that claim to help people but have little to show in the way of true long term results despite all the money they have confiscated and spent trying to solve the problems.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

OP

Nobody is murdering babies. Nice strawman argument.

Are you the OP?

Now, what did Christ have to say about passing judgement? Wouldn't you agree that is what the OP has done? By implying that liberal Christians are goody goody two shoes and Conservative Christians are just so darn naughty?
edit on 26-9-2015 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If liberal programs are so great, then why are there still poor people in liberal run cities?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

OP

I imagine Christ would have empathy for all people. I can't imagine him jumping in with the angry judgmental crowd shaming a woman and calling her a baby murderer.

Can't say I hear much empathy or love from the Christian Conservative when they use words like 'murdering babies'. And yet they have no problem leaving the word murder out of war, or capital punishment.

Seems when it's a woman, murder is the word of choice. Always an opportunity to shame a woman.

Nope, don't think that's very Christ like.
edit on 26-9-2015 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

What if people do want to give to the poor or help them by proving jobs but don't trust the government to be the best way to distribute money or create jobs? There are plenty of people who are very dedicated to helping people and simply don't believe big government is the way to do that.

Oh yeah but it came around because of the competitive and greedy nature of humankind. Yes as you have said there are many people who just simply want to help, feed and give money.

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" - that's what Jesus said.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

OP

I imagine Christ would have empathy for all people. I can't imagine him jumping in with the angry judgmental crowd shaming a woman and calling her a baby murderer.

Can't say I hear much empathy or love from the Christian Conservative when they use words like 'murdering babies'. And yet they have no problem leaving the word murder out of war, or capital punishment.

Seems when it's a woman, murder is the word of choice. Always an opportunity to shame a woman.

Nope, don't think that's very Christ like.

You apparently are not reading the Bible correctly - maybe your ego is obstructing your vision somewhat.

What did Christ say about those who would prevent children from coming to him?

He said they should be tossed into the sea with a millstone wrapped around their neck. I happen to agree with Christ on that one.

He also did not come to bring peace, he came to divide.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Luke 17:2

Jesus didn't sound so liberally progressive to me. He kind of sounds like he would have been pro-life.

Isn't that why he died on the cross? To save lives? Souls?

Why would he do that to only turn around and support murdering babies?

Ah .. quite the conundrum liberals ... quite the conundrum.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

Are you the OP?

Now, what did Christ have to say about passing judgement? Wouldn't you agree that is what the OP has done? By implying that liberal Christians are goody goody two shoes and Conservative Christians are just so darn naughty?

I passed judgment?

Oh that's right I forgot... one of the favorite things the Conservative Christians do is to accuse us of passing judgments.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Jesus didn't sound so liberally progressive to me.

Typical for you people to pick verses out of context.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Are you the OP?

I passed judgment?

Oh that's right I forgot... one of the favorite things the Conservative Christians do is to accuse us of passing judgments.

It's probably only because you pass judgement. Other than that .. I got nothing.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Jesus didn't sound so liberally progressive to me.

Typical for you people to pick verses out of context.

"You people"

passing judgement?

link   

You must have confused me with someone else cause I have never passed judgment.

link   
Ok .. seems I blew that argument out of the water.

I will quietly go to my corner now and continue lurking.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

"You people"

passing judgement?

BINGO! Now you noticed me "passing judgment" as you have accused me of doing. Now see the difference?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Human greed is in fact the reason capitalism is the only system that has worked. Humans don't magically stop being greedy once they are elected into government and the government is a place where more wealth is concentrated into the hands of fewer people than any private organization. The US government budget is about $4 trillion or $4000 billion and the largest operating revenue for a company is $486 billion.

The government is necessary to regulate companies and provide basic services and defense but beyond that they shouldn't be deciding where money is distributed.
edit on 26-9-2015 by Danton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

That is true. Capitalism is the best we can work with.

The claim is that the Conservative Republician is a mismatch for Christianity is true. We have seen examples of that.

Sorry drunk right now. Can no longer discuss.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Republican party was Liberal back then... Pro Slavery was a Conservative ideal.

Total bull!!!! The parties did not switch, the Republicans were never pro slavery, it was the North primary republicans who were against slavery and Democrats in the South wanted to keep their slavery plantations status quo. This argument is one of the more ridiculous and recurring ideas put forth by Progressives...it's just too silly for words....really

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Maybe you need to read this? Clear up the myth that the Conservatives and yes even Abraham Lincoln wanted to free the slaves.

www.salon.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join