It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you of European, British, or an American? .. then likely you are both Semitic and a "Hebrew"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
There are a very vocal group of "Brothers " in the states that would definitely take issue with the premise of the O.P's view that Europeans are the descendants of the Hebrews, they are known as BHI's or Black Hebrew Israelites and are racist as fk as they are vehemently anti-African with their own twist on history and they are pretty good at it too, basically they hold the view that Europeans and their descendants are Edomites , they even got some dumb assed white kid to front their message .

This was my answer to this confused brainwashed fool posted
From You tube.
What a load of horse sht,were and are there Black Hebrews yes,but the vast majority of African Americans are of African heritage meaning genetic and in some cases cultural,you use the term Negro, that name is nothing but a transliteration for people of the river Niger, many of the Island folks including Brazil worship Shango,Yemanja,Eshu Elegba,etc the gods/goddesses of their ancestors, many still used their sacred script in ceremonies across the new world, in some cases names have survived especially in the islands,We are an African descendant people,Hebrew Israelites can have their religion whatever floats their boats,but it infuriates me when they try to split Africans of the diaspora from the land of their ancestors and their family for a patch of fuking desert being feuded over by people of the so called book,now they have this self proclaimed Edomite kid who is mind fuked by them trying to mind fuk African and African descendant folks by proxy...Message to Black folks leave religious crap alone take up science backed up with inner morality but if you really really really need to believe in some bull # then let it be your own not someone else's warmed over crap.
Show less

The point is folks make up claims and bent some truth until it's unrecognizable why some want to connect themselves to a bronze aged work of fiction is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Semitic, me?

Hebrew Shmebrew...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I never thought about this. Of course , being Native American never had a reason to.....

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's easier to call everyone in Europe and the middle east Indoeuropean since it predates semitic languages.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hell yeah! I got some more holidays to take this year then....

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

According to the accepted version of history as propounded by the all-knowing scientists, we're all African.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
They trace a direct link to the people in the British Isles, especially the Welsh to the missing tribes of Israelites who went out of Babylon yet chose not to return to Jerusalem and Judah and disappeared. They had to have gone somewhere.

Totally agree. Having spent quite a bit of time in both Israel and Wales there is a striking similarity. People around the north Wales area are proven to be descended from Jews/Phoenecians, the people having some Jewish gene as they call it, 40% around the Abergele area.

Personally I'm more inclined to lean towards the trade route to the geological rewards of Wales rather than the ten wandering tribes. The Romans and others had major links with this region. They would have settled there in establishing this trade post, much in the same way Jewish DNA markers are found along the entire silk road to China.
edit on 24-9-2015 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I opened this thread because I thought there might be some new genetic information to prove the hypothesis.

It is a fact that many palestinians are genetically jewish, but it is a bit far fetched to propose that Brits etc are Semitic....IMHO try to be anyway!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

At first I thought that this might give me some insight into my own weird DNA but you're going back too far unfortunately. I'm running around 17% West Asian, 5% Ashkenazi Jewish, 3% East Asian, 2% South East Asian, 4% Oceanian, about 2% Melenesian and Austronesian, and 2% African on my autosomal DNA. My mitochondrial (mother-line) deep ancestry is quintessentially African (L2a1).

These are my averages running two DNA tests through GedMatch's Eurocentric tests for recent ancestry. Maybe 7 generations back and it is really unusual to have that much black, brown and yellow all mixed up on someone who is a white American. What you're talking about is a lot older and as such I don't think it applies to autosomal DNA but it's still really interesting. I think that you may very well be right about origins and some deeper ancestry but it's not going to show up in typical autosomal tests. I could run my DNA through the ancient DNA comparison tests and see what it picks up but even then, because my recent ancestry is strange it won't give you your average American I don't think. Certainly not your average European.

My sister (half sister, we don't have the same father) doesn't have most of the weird stuff though and I could run her DNA through the ancient ancestry comparisons as an example (with her permission of course). Our mother has some welsh by the family lore. Not much of a sample size but it's interesting to look at the DNA from the perspective that you've brought up here. My sister and I share the Jewish heritage as well as the L2a1 from our mother, but nothing African shows up in her autosomal DNA, which could be due to recombination but it's hard to say.

edit on 24-9-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Do you honestly think that no-one would notice that you started talking about languages and then, hey presto, you started talking about people? It doesn't matter where your genes come from, if you pray in Hebrew or Arabic, you are praying in a Semitic language and the term Anti-Semitic is an appropriate description of people who hate Jews and Muslims.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I am English, but live in America since I was 12 weeks old. My older brother had his genetic DNA tested, and the institution said our family originated from Africa, then traced our gene markers up into the Middle East, from there our family line, went to what is today Europe, before making the jump to the British Isles. And Now my own children live as Americans. It is unbelievable how fast family genes can be spread through out the world. Some believe only a small group of humans living in Africa, account for almost all the humans living on this planet today. I tend to believe this theory. It may have been a small group that lived above a certain elevation, when something cataclysmic occurred wiping out all other humans.
I know that most will think this is just a stupid theory, basing most of there heritage to religion. But really even religous people could accept this, if Adam and Eve, came from the garden of eden, which is somewhere near the middle east or africa

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

Semitic as you put it refers to a language. Britain doesn't have to talk a semitic language to be founded and settled by ancient migrations from the Middle East and elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Are you saying that those who are against Israel policies and for Palestine's right to exist aren't anti-semite? News at 11
/sarc off

Anyway, just a small part of muslims speak semitic languages nowadays, might be better to replace muslim with arabs in your sentence.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Great I can finally coment on isreal without being called anti Semitic lol

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Or not.

These people you refer to as being semetic or Hebrew (what did he brew?) Evolved and expanded into other realms of thought not bonded by faith in unseen creators thst rule their lives.

And in doing so, the British Empire, and now American empire have risen ahead in power and wealth.

It's not where your from, it's where your going.
It's not who you are, it's who you are to become.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrMasterMinder
Great I can finally coment on isreal without being called anti Semitic lol

Sorry, they speak Hebrew there so, yes, you would be Anti-Semitic.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

Are you saying that those who are against Israel policies and for Palestine's right to exist aren't anti-semite? News at 11
/sarc

That depends on whether or not it's the policies or the people you do not like. I am opposed to many of Israel's policies and support Palestine's right to exist as a state. I also support Israel's right to exist. People who do not believe Israel has a right to exist generally don't like Jews, which is why they ignore the fact that the treaty the gives Palestine the right to exist also gives Israel the right to exist.

Anyway, just a small part of muslims speak semitic languages nowadays, might be better to replace muslim with arabs in your sentence.

But they all read and chant the Q'uran in medieval Arabic, which is a Semitic language.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
That depends on whether or not it's the policies or the people you do not like. I am opposed to many of Israel's policies and support Palestine's right to exist as a state. I also support Israel's right to exist. People who do not believe Israel has a right to exist generally don't like Jews, which is why they ignore the fact that the treaty the gives Palestine the right to exist also gives Israel the right to exist.

It was just a sarcastic comment, however I'm pretty sure you see the amount of name calling for just not agreeing with israeli policies.

But they all read and chant the Q'uran in medieval Arabic, which is a Semitic language.

Good point, but that's not their language. I'm sure no one with a grain of knowledge will consider malaysian or pakistani muslims semitic.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ok guyz, some of us are lumping and dumping here.
Semitic is part of a larger language family called Afrasian or Afro Asiatic, that had it's birth in central east Africa, the Semitic part may have split in east Africa or the Levant before spreading into the socalled M.E about 5kyrs B.C

Afrasian language phylum of which the Semitic branches are the youngest.
Hebrew and Arabic is but two of those Semitic languages surviving in the region, the rest are spoken in Ethiopia

Semitic languages proper most of which are dead in the adjacent M.E, note the X for the dead languages, leaving the Horn of Africa with the most Semitic speakers,

Now language spoken does not necessarily correlate to ancestry or genetic make up, most folks from New Guinea or the Isles of the pacific speak English or even an off shoot of it without being genetically English.
Genetics: genetic makeup of Middle easterners including ancient Hebrews and today's Jews and Palestinians and other Arabs are a very mixed lot, being that the area was is criss crossed by folks from east west north and south for X thousands of yrs, so there is no one look ,but being that they originally migrated out of Africa at about 5kys B,C they were necessarily darker before mixing it up with other folks moving in from Eurasia.

Phoenicians as they saw themselves

Hebrew pows according to the Assyrians

The Bristol Psalter
The capture of David by Philistines in Gath.

David in the cave of Adullam. as Imagined my medieval Europeans of about 1100 ad

A laventine dark type as portrayed by Kemetians AKA Egyptians
Semitic people tend to wonder around alot that some would end up in North western Europe is to be expected no surprise here but to claim that Europeans and their descendants in general are all genetically related to one particular group of Semites is as dubious a claim as those brothers spoken above.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Maybe I misunderstood? I didn't think that he was trying to say that anyone of European or British Isles descent was descended from one group. I'll have to go over it again. I do think that there was quite a bit of West Asian influence but I always assumed that was very old, from about 5000 BC. I just thought that he was talking about a more recent influx.

edit on 24-9-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join