It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you of European, British, or an American? .. then likely you are both Semitic and a "Hebrew"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
These thoughts developed from my recent post:
On the Development of World Power Structures - Part I

.. it traces the origins of the British, European and therefore American people from their origins in the Fertile Crescent/Middle East and Mediterranean.

----

The Semitic People

What does it mean to be 'Semitic'?

"In studies of linguistics and ethnology, the term Semitic (from the biblical "Shem", Hebrew‎) was first used to refer to a family of languages native to West Asia (the Middle East)."

"The languages include the ancient and modern forms of .. Akkadian..; .. the Canaanite languages (Phoenician, ..); Assyrian.."

"Today, the word "Semite" may be used to refer to any member of any of a number of peoples of ancient Middle East including the Akkadians, .. Phoenicians, .. and their descendants."

Akkadian language

The Semitic people (or Semitic speaking people) originate for the most part with the Akkadian Empire.

"Akkadian is an extinct east Semitic language ... The earliest attested Semitic language"
- en.wikipedia.org...

Akkadian Empire under Sargon apx 2279 BC

Map of Assyrian expansion 650 BC

Dating as far back as 2279 BC or earlier, the entire Fertile Crescent, the Levant/Canaan/Phoenicia (which includes present day Palestine/Israel and Syria), Egypt, and parts of Anatolia (Turkey) was united by a common empire, the Semitic Akkadian Empire and later Assyrian Empire of the same region. From there those same peoples expanded into N. Africa, the Mediterranean, Spain, Portugal, Italy, the British Isles and Northern European territories.

I do not want to retell the story of their expansion into the west, so for that please refer to my original article - Article

The article notes connections linking the Phoenician civilization to Western culture, through the development of their language and other evidence.

While the evidence does not conclude any ‘pure’ genetic lineages from the Akkadians, one has to assume some sort of genetic intermixing given the great spans of time the vast regions were joined by a common Empire.

----

This, however is not the way the terms Hebrew/"Jew" or 'Semitic' is used today. Today it only refers to a small subset of the Hebrew people, who may view themselves as separate and unique from the rest of the Hebrews (yes, that may likely include you if you are a 'Westerner'- a descendant of the Hebrews).
edit on 24-9-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I dont feeel Hebrew.........

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

They are all just labels... why not just call everyone humans?

might be easier to bond that way and will get rid of the borders to freely roam this planet as i believe its intended to be.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

A lot can happen in thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

Is what I hope these articles make people realize.

.. amongst other things.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

If you haven't already, you would find reading Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett's books extremely interesting. They trace a direct link to the people in the British Isles, especially the Welsh to the missing tribes of Israelites who went out of Babylon yet chose not to return to Jerusalem and Judah and disappeared. They had to have gone somewhere.

Their research is extremely thorough and as many in the academic world are too fearful to refer to it or check it out incase it ruffles feathers and claws and affects their careers,etc it is something that should be researched.

Interesting thread and well time to open up this subject. S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
These thoughts developed from my recent post:
On the Development of World Power Structures - Part I

.. it traces the origins of the British, European and therefore American people from their origins in the Fertile Crescent/Middle East and Mediterranean.

----

The Semitic People

Some of them might be anti-dentites. Where is Elaine when you need help?

What does it mean to be 'Semitic'?

"In studies of linguistics and ethnology, the term Semitic (from the biblical "Shem", Hebrew‎) was first used to refer to a family of languages native to West Asia (the Middle East)."

"The languages include the ancient and modern forms of .. Akkadian..; .. the Canaanite languages (Phoenician, ..); Assyrian.."

"Today, the word "Semite" may be used to refer to any member of any of a number of peoples of ancient Middle East including the Akkadians, .. Phoenicians, .. and their descendants."

Akkadian language

The Semitic people (or Semitic speaking people) originate for the most part with the Akkadian Empire.

"Akkadian is an extinct east Semitic language ... The earliest attested Semitic language"
- en.wikipedia.org...

Akkadian Empire under Sargon apx 2279 BC

Map of Assyrian expansion 650 BC

Dating as far back as 2279 BC or earlier, the entire Fertile Crescent, the Levant/Canaan/Phoenicia (which includes present day Palestine/Israel and Syria), Egypt, and parts of Anatolia (Turkey) was united by a common empire, the Semitic Akkadian Empire and later Assyrian Empire of the same region. From there those same peoples expanded into N. Africa, the Mediterranean, Spain, Portugal, Italy, the British Isles and Northern European territories.

I do not want to retell the story of their expansion into the west, so for that please refer to my original article - Article

The article notes connections linking the Phoenician civilization to Western culture, through the development of their language and other evidence.

While the evidence does not conclude any ‘pure’ genetic lineages from the Akkadians, one has to assume some sort of genetic intermixing given the great spans of time the vast regions were joined by a common Empire.

----

This, however is not the way the terms Hebrew/"Jew" or 'Semitic' is used today. Today it only refers to a small subset of the Hebrew people, who may view themselves as separate and unique from the rest of the Hebrews (yes, that may likely include you if you are a 'Westerner'- a descendant of the Hebrews).

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

You are absolutely right and IMHO it would be far better, but you forget the religiosity who claim their identity through their religious roots. If you think about this, it would be dynamite to find the lost tribes of the Israelites ancestors - all of whom would have a legitimate claim to 'the promised land'. should they of course want to live there.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm so British I bleed tea, but really I'm not to fussed about my genetic make up. I'm secure in my own skin and don't need labelling and sticking in the appropriate box

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

In reality, no one is "pure" this race, or that race, because the genestock of the species, thankfully, has been mixed over myriad generations since it became distinct from its precursor species. Were this not the case, we would probably have wiped ourselves out with inbreeding or some such folly.

We are not one or another thing. In each of us is an echo of the entire history of the species, in every continent, in every place.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

originally posted by: texasyeti
I dont feeel Hebrew.........

We fight and conquer much like our Hebrew descended ancestors:

Military Tradition of the Etruscans

"The Etruscans, like the contemporary cultures of Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome, had a significant military tradition. In addition to marking the rank and power of certain individuals in Etruscan culture, warfare was a considerable economic boon to Etruscan civilization."

"Like many ancient societies, the Etruscans conducted campaigns during summer months, raiding neighboring areas, attempting to gain territory ..acquiring valuable resources such as land, prestige, goods, ..
- en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I always thought Anglo-Saxon British people were from the Nordic countries, and northern Germany, which is why they have a really nice mixture of Blondes, Brunettes, and redheads? Plus blue, green, and brown eyes? I once new a blond lady with green eye's that had brown flecks in them, mesmerising!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

originally posted by: TrueBrit

In reality, no one is "pure" this race, or that race, because the genestock of the species, thankfully, has been mixed over myriad generations..

We are not one or another thing. In each of us is an echo of the entire history of the species, in every continent, in every place.

I won't go that far to cover the entire world, as there are cases of more isolated (and different) genetic stock in parts of the world compared to others.

However, I think your statement is true for the entire Western world.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

originally posted by: pikestaff
I always thought Anglo-Saxon British people were from the Nordic countries, and northern Germany, which is why they have a really nice mixture of Blondes, Brunettes, and redheads? Plus blue, green, and brown eyes? I once new a blond lady with green eye's that had brown flecks in them, mesmerising!

Northern Europeans are also descended from the Phoenicians.

(Phoenician boat (left), Norman boat (right))

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Maybe everybody is a hebrew. Just different tribes/races?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I would imagine that some races on this Earth are far less Hebrew/Semitic/Phoenician in origin, if at all.

In regards to the idea of 'tribes' in the Levant region - How isolated can tribes really be in a region spanning California and a few other states, especially over thousands of years?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I can't sat that I completely agree with this idea. For one thing, the Bible does
not describe all the peoples of Mesopotamia as Semitic, and they were there.

I have read competing theories on this subject. Further, genetic testing
may be the more reliable guide rather than history. This has been studied
but I read the results some time ago and don't have references. What I
remember is that there is a surprising mixture of genetic profiles
even among people whose families were in Britain for centuries.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You really need to learn history before making sh## up. We have been there for at least over 10,000 years. The Norsemen did not even have sails until right before the Viking Age. We've been making boats since long before we built ships. Why in the hell would Phoenicians move to Scandinavia and wait a thousand years to (re)invent sails?!

Not to mention the Phoenician alphabet. Why would we change all their symbols instead of adopting them? Why do we have vowels when they didnt? Why were there no blonde Phoenicians? Blonde originates here.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Nonsense.

Saying most Europeans are Semitic is like saying all Humans are Africans because of where mankind came from millions of years ago.

I don't so much believe in racial pureness or anything like that because there has always been a degree of interbreeding, (an even breeding with Neanderthals apparently), however, the approximately distinct various "groups" of humans around the world became such by geographic separation over many millenia.

This time frame in your OP refers to roughly 2000-3000BCE, well I hate to break it to ya, but humans were thriving in Europe 500,000years ago.

We are not all descended from Abraham; the Biblical history is just recent tall tales from a period when realistically THOUSANDS of other civilizations were thriving all around the planet. Just because they weren't in the Bible, doesn't mean they weren't there. This is as bad as 'manifest destiny'; proposing that Semitic people colonized an empty European continent or something. Before recent history, Semitic peoples never really migrated into Europe, aside from the Moors who were eventually pushed back out, and that's still relatively recent.

For so many Americans/Brits who hail from Anglo-Saxon, Norman, Celtic, Latin and Nordic backgrounds, they have little to zero appreciable Semitic heritage.

The genograghic project proves this true. genographic.nationalgeographic.com...

Unless you're actually peddling the 6,000yr old earth craziness, in which case I don't even......
edit on 24-9-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny
You are quite right. Europeans are made up mainly of three Caucasian type groups. These are European Hunter gatherers, Near Eastern farmers (who died out in the near east) and northern Eurasians. This all happened well before Semitic people took over many of the areas they are associated with now. DNA shows that Europeans have next to no Semitic genetics.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join