It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh hello! From which universe are you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

originally posted by: new_here
And what's with people being pulled out of class to see the footage of the explosion? Did you know someone on board? Just curious.

Hey we got the same memories!

I think Americans we're more patriotic back then towards NASA. I remember going to Florida on vacation for 2 weeks in 1986 but I didn't visit NASA until 1989. Back then, in my mind NASA was amazing and had all the minds impossible to top...now well, I guess we all feel a bit deceived.

My dearly departed Uncle Fred was a computer engineer at Cape Canaveral during the glory days (Mercury, Gemini, Apollo missions) and even helped with the first fully automated launch of the Saturn V rocket, which later propelled Apollo's to the moon. I have lots of memorabilia he sent me, and when we visited, I got to see the command center, the huge building where they assembled the Apollo's, and even got to watch a couple take off from the Cape (albeit from a distance of course!)

Uncle Fred is gone now, so I can't ask him when the explosion happened, lol. Dude was a genius tho... fun-loving, wacky genius!
edit on 9/23/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
1- Is it, Berenstein or Berenstain?

Berenstein

2- The 1976 book that was written by Anne Rice that was later shot on film in 1994, is it called "Interview with the Vampire" or "Interview with a Vampire"?

Interview With A Vampire

3- Does your universe contain assholes?

Yes

4- Did the NASA disaster accident with Challenger happen in 1984 or 1986?

I don't remember.

edit on 24-9-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Thank you for participating! I send all you a Karma cookie by dimensional mail! :p

So until now these are the results

1- Berenstein VS Berenstain
Stein: 6
Stain: 1

2- Interview with ? vampire
A: 5
The: 1

3- A world with ass holes
Yes:5 (100%)
Answered like one: 3

4- 1984: 2
1986: 2
Other:1

Synchronicities of my answers 1 and 2: 4
Synchronicities of my answers 1, 2 and 4 : 1
De-synchronicities of my answers 1 and 2: 1

Well first, we do have enough answers to prove that assholes do in fact exist in all our universes.
We got that part right at least...

We would need more questions even for a pseudo-scientific answer on the existence of parallels universes but 4 individuals that responded the same to question 1 and 2, which are the strongest questions to answer the theory, because supposedly, we are all wrong on the bear's and Anne Rice's books. So maybe we 4 do come from the "same universe" and are now in this universe...the bizarro universe!

Or do WE come from the bizarro universe?

edit on 24-9-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
1. Berenstein.
2. Never read the book or saw the film, but I vividly remember the film poster and advertisements. It was called "Interview with a Vampire"
3. Many, many. Each of them thinks it makes them special too. No one knows why.
4. I don't remember. I was too little at the time.

I'm looking forward to see how this goes. So many of us seem to remember the same particular things and that's part of what's so interesting to us. It's not as if we remember the "Berenstein Bears" covers differently, or the siblings at the wrong ages, or the father the wrong size, etc. It's just the spelling of the name, as well as other specific things. It is amazing, and some argue historic (which I guess it is,) that so many people are remembering very particular things being different.

I'm guessing that most of us remember some of these details more vividly than others. Most of the time we seem to agree on "Berestein," "Interview with a Vampire," "Sex in the City," "Mirror Mirror," etc., but when it comes to certain celebrities dying or certain events having transpired in a different year, memories seem more vague. This makes sense to me because most people don't follow most celebrities, notice when they die or recall the exact year of a certain event. People do however remember the spelling to childhood books that will always have a special place in their heart, or a favourite novel or film title. It's more visual of a thing as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

1. Never heard of those bears till these discussions

2. I think 'a' but that's just memory so could be 'the'

3. of course

4. I don't remember and no point looking it up as we are all currently in this reality whichever it is.

5. The other popular one is New Zealand's position which to my memory hasn't changed.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

#1: Berenstein
#2: Interview with a Vampire
#3: Oh hell yeah.
#4: Both. I have many time periods in my life where I have distinct memories of two different places at the same time or two different times I remember an event happening, this is one of those events.

Looking for proof of alternate universes?

Play a video game - especially an MMORPG. Time and space move differently, and the laws of physics often vary. Sure, we MIGHT have created SOME of these alternate worlds, but this world tells stories to lead you to believe ALL of them are. In any case - the fact of the matter remains. There's hard proof right in front of your eyes of parallel universes.

And the evidence of separate memories of the same event is nothing more than further hints of the complex mechanisms in place to mitigate the risk of ignorance and disbelief that anything is possible in this existence.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
1. Berenstein Bears ( I use to read all them as a little girl)

Now for the 2nd one.. I remember it being 'Interview with the Vampire". I dont remember it being ".. with a..."

I was too young to remember the other 2 (I was only 2 years old).

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

And what's with people being pulled out of class to see the footage of the explosion? Did you know someone on board? Just curious.

That morning I had walked into school and the principal greeted me at the door like he did all of the kids, but the night before I had a premonition about the shuttle blowing up, so I told him.
I was pulled out of class and brought to the office because of that.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I remember both New Zealand and Australia being closer to Antarctica on the globes I used as a kid in grade school. I'm also pretty sure Australia was about 10% larger in land mass compared to it's current size. The current placement is too far toward Asia's coast and the continent looks smaller to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

That morning I had walked into school and the principal greeted me at the door like he did all of the kids, but the night before I had a premonition about the shuttle blowing up, so I told him.
I was pulled out of class and brought to the office because of that.

Wow, that's pretty amazing!
(And then the suits came in and put a chip in your brain so they could monitor further predictions, right?) Oops, you weren't supposed to know that...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

lol

I hope not...

*twitch*

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

thats an interesting idea, yes some of us might imo have been id at birth and gotten extra monitoring than others, wouldnt be surprised

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

1) No clue on the bears
2)Interview with a Vampire (OMG moment for me here)
3)Im sure every universe has a few
4)I really suck at dates so not sure here atm

The second one has really thrown me for a loop because I was a major Anne Rice fan when that movie came out.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

When my kids were little it was Berenstain (80's) About a year ago it was Berenstein, now apparently it is Berenstain again...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Justacasualobserver

LoL you can find books in the library of these, with BOTH SPELLING.

BOTH POSTERS EXIST with the Vampire theme, a store near where I live has both of them.

And 1986 is easy, anyone who thinks it was 1984 must have really been in a fog lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
1. Never read them.

2. Interview with "A"

3. Does the Almighty God count? Black Holes are assholes too, cause the star light don't shine.

4.I wasn't even born yet...

Depends on what the idea of Synchronization is, like working as a team, or strange coincidences, that would be described as fate.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hehh im not from an english speaking country,so half of the questions are unanswerable for me but its was translated as "Interview with the vampire" i was around 5 when it came out so.....

Wiki states that the challenger catastrophe was in 86 in my universe...thats all i can say about it i didnt lived that time....

Also i remembered australia being far away from the coast of any asian country....it seems like now the earth is smaller if i look at it like that.

Maybe i was bad at geography...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
LoL you can find books in the library of these, with BOTH SPELLING.
BOTH POSTERS EXIST with the Vampire theme, a store near where I live has both of them.

OMG, I, and surely others, want to see it!
I refuse to think we're all crazy! :p

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't want to believe in other dimensions because I can't make since of it. Though due to one day in august 2000, I can only accept one of two possibilities. The past can change or I'm crazy. Though due to other unusual aspects of being alive, crazy is becoming an easy answer.

Things that at one time were true (to me).
1) Israel was never reformed.
2) Gulf war never happened.
3) The Muslim war backed by China and India happened. Germany was the main champion of the Gray war of the 80s`.
4) China's population was 2.3 billion and India's was 1.6
5) The was no music called rap or hip hop (Beat Blues was the closest thing)
6) Women Lib started in the late 20's
7) Video games started in the early 60's
8) Computers where better than now but the internet was about the same.
9) "The duke" Dukakis was president, not Bush. And it was Gore and Brown, not Clinton and Gore. The 1998 went to McDonald and someone I can't remember (Some white dude).
10) Tokyo and Truk Harbor were nuked , not Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Ten is enough. Hope this helps your train of though. I had to give up talking about it for obvious reasons and I'm no longer a good source for learning history, used to get A s.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
1982 I was born and I recall it being Berenstein since I was puzzled over how to pronounce the Stein part and had to ask how to say it. Loved those books though. As for the subject at hand it makes me wonder how we arrived at this impasse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join