It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Animal Behavior in Western Washington

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

What are these monitoring?

Are these slow quakes?

Forgive me for asking, but I am not exactly sure what I am looking at.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well Maybe with Kam Chancellor ending his holdout, the animals are sensing the "Beast-Quake" that we'll be feeling here in greater Pugetropolis this Sunday afternoon!

Or perhaps they were feeling the anger from yesterday's 2 1/2 hour drive home after I-5 was SHUT DOWN during rush hour for the poorly timed Chinese president's drive to Tacoma.

In all seriousness though, when Westcoast makes a tread about the Pacific Northwest, I tend to pay attention. We are way overdue for an event anyway according to the people who study these types of things. However I can't say I've noticed any different animal behavior lately... maybe more dead raccoons on the streets than normal, but that could just be the autumn rush for food...? Plus I've never heard of whales going up the Columbia River and I've lived here for all but 3 of my 50 years. Doesn't mean it's never happened, I've just never heard of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
7 hours since the 5.7 earthquake now

www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well here is Canada. Port Hardy.

www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

Little stuff going on.

If you go to diferent stations, you can see (Well, What I think) is a hum/vibration.

I don't know if it even means anything other than what it is, a Hum.

It's just something I find interesting.

I do want to add, that I have seen this before. It is not unusual.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Thanks for the link!

And yeah, I kind of expect to see something bigger out of there soon. (6-6.5) But in that location, there usually isn't damage with those.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I live seasonally in a similar bioregion, and I can tell you that in your specific region, at exactly the time you describe, normal migrational and behavior patterns are occurring. at this time of year, exactly where you live, the typically solitary buzzards begin to flock and roost together. later they will leave en masse, and you won't see any buzzards. guess what? the osprey do something similar, and are all also gone by fall solstice. hey, did you notice the egrets and herons flocking, when usually they are solitary? they leave right around NOW as well. many similar songbirds, etc. do as well... fear not! the world is not ending. the stellar jays and some lone buzzards and song birds remain behind for winter, before they all return for spring anyway. its so beautiful to watch the seasonal ecology unfold. what warrior could find paranoia in it, when the responsibility and health is in attuning?
edit on 24-9-2015 by bangster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Report from Poconos area of PA 9/24/15 via www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jihadoflove

that....my friend, would be more than a bit creepy!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Where I live in Upstate NY near the NJ border there are tons of squirrels. At times they are a nuisance. This past summer they started doing crazy, out of the ordinary things, like coming up to certain people and grabbing onto their clothing. Then all of the sudden 5 days ago they just disappeared --- every single one of them. Dozens of them that lived in the many trees that line the street and canopy this this cul-de-sac --- they all disappeared and no one has seen even one of them.

Not one has been sighted for 5 days now by myself or any of the neighbors. This has never happened before that I know of and I've lived here for nine years. Even the mailman said to me this morning, "Hey where did all the crazy squirrels go?' I said "Good question." Just then a Monarch Butterfly (my favorite) flew by us. I haven't seen a MB here in over 6 yrs.

The weather has been great, around 70 degrees every day and not windy. It hasn't rained all week. So, this has nothing to do with the weather. All of the neighbors are talking about it because it's so noticeable and unusual. The 10-year old twins next door said three of the squirrels had followed them around this past summer whenever they were outside playing during the day or riding their bikes on the sidewalks.

These squirrels would run all over the common areas and race up and down trees, and suddenly zero activity. Very strange. Acorns, their main food source here, blanket the lawns and sidewalks and common areas. Not a squirrel in sight to collect them. First time in nine years. The town said they will come by tomorrow to clean up the acorns all over the street, sidewalk and common area. But, no one knows where the squirrels are or where they suddenly went. Dozens of squirrels just vanished.

edit on 24-9-2015 by Jana12 because: a spelling error

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

That's extremely creepy.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

that....my friend, would be more than a bit creepy!

Oh geez....that gives me chills.

I would have gone in my trailer and locked the door.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Jana12

How odd....

Just a few days ago, the squirrels suddenly made a grand appearance here and have been frantically collecting.

I dunno....maybe this is weather related, and you guys will be hit with a mega storm first.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Wow... yeah, that is very strange.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
OMG. I had to make an account just for this because I thought I was the only one. I too live in western Washington and I have been seeing literally THOUSANDS of crows flying in a flock together overhead seemingly confused. But the weirdest behavior I have never seen before is about a week ago I was smoking outside and I heard geese flying overhead. Normally I only hear them for a bit and it fades off because they migrate when the weather gets colder. But this year they did the strangest thing. Rather than flying in one confident direction, they were just going around in a complete circle for hours. Sometimes they would stray a bit from the circle but never too far off. I have never seen the geese do this before, and my dad also noticed it. I am surprised this is actually a thing and other people are noticing. I had to come out from my usual lurking for this one. This baffled me lol. Great thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

What are these monitoring?

GEE is an education and outreach tool for seismology that aims to make it easy for non-seismologists to retrieve, display and analyze seismic data. It is intended for use in a classroom setting as a supplement to textbook material, which often lacks real world connections. Novices to the world of seismology can use GEE to explore earthquakes they've seen in the headlines, keep track of a recording station in their area, look at real-time seismic data, and more!

Source

Bishop
edit on 9/25/2015 by Bishop2199 because: I like change

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Thanks Bishop for those graphics you posted yesterday. I searched for GEE, found the software and have been having a blast all day with it.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

I read your links... very, very impressive. Not only can you connect the dots and see the big picture but also have good pattern recognition. But people who are in denial can be frustrating because they don't want to see the reality.

As far as the squirrels here they still haven't returned and no one knows what happened. Very strange how they all vanished at once. After reading through all these posts on this insightful thread lots of strange things going on. Be safe, JANA.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

It has been raining quite a lot around here, so I haven't been putting food out the way I normally do, but I normally see rabbits and squirrels all throughout the day. Haven't seen any for several days. I am not saying they aren't here or that anything bad or even unusual is at play. I am going to put food out today and see if they come. Only because you have made me curious.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yeah, it is strange alright. Still not a squirrel in sight. None have returned. Maybe in your case the animals aren't coming around because of the rain. Here it hasn't rained in weeks. The town's dept of public works cleaned up the blanket of acorns. The neighbor kids couldn't ride their bikes and moms couldn't push their baby's strollers. We had to be careful walking along the acorn covered sidewalks... crunch, crunch. Too bad the squirrels left, or whatever happened. They could have had a feast. There were tons of acorns everywhere.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
There's tons of strange stuff that goes on in the animal world, the whale beachings, bird deaths, cryptid sightings etc

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join