It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most disliked (hated) term (???)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
"Mouthbreather"...I absolutely CAN NOT stand that term. Somehow it has become this derrogatory term and it absolutely drives me crazy to hear someone say this!

I will be perfectly straight up; I breath through my mouth fairly often. If I'm working out, I breath through my mouth. I breath through my mouth sometimes when I'm sleeping. I fail to understand why a "mouthbreather" is some form of sub-human. Sometimes if my nose is clogged...I breath through my mouth. You know what? I'm DAMN PROUD of being a mouth breather!!!

Some little punk who sits behind a computer screen all day came up with that term, someone who never gets outside, never does anything and now it's some kind of a trendy word! Screw that!

I'm a "MOUTHBREATHER" and I'm proud!~!!

What terms do you (hate) dislike????

edit on 9/20/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This is more of an acronym... but I hate when people say YOLO..

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Whippersnapper
Hate that

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
officials speaking “on condition of anonymity”

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah, and I usually reply..."and you could step off the curb, get your legs run over by a bus and lay here until you bleed to death too!! ENJOY!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Hoi Polloi
. An expression used by the upper crust when discussing the working class.

I can envision Hillary using it with a perfect amount of disdain.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What gripes me is after I have explained something to someone, they look at me and say "Gotcha". I want to reach over and choke the living crap out of them...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A couple other (Millennial) terms I cannot stand are...

"Ubiquitous" - What was wrong with 'it's everywhere'(?)

and...

"Misogynistic" - Okay, he hates women...why not just say that?? Why come up with some mind bending word for it??

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have a hard time when it comes to this words or terms like

"War", "Racism", "Terrorists or Extremist", "Weapons of Mass Destruction"...

Those words just challenge the inner peace in me, as these are the very words used to drive the DIVIDE AND CONQUER agenda!

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Is it okay if I type 'detest' in lieu of "hate" ? If it is, then: Men that use 'Sr.' after their surname. They didn't earn those letters, they laid down w/a female and She had the child, the sire did nothing yet His name changes?.. There is no such thing as "Sr." i.e. Dale Earnhart Sr. Now if I was talking about Dale Jr. I'd add Junior and then if I was talking about the elder Earnhart I'd just say Dale Earnhart or 'Intimidator'

This has been an irritant since grade school when I called a friend who shared His father's name and the sister asks "Junior or Senior'? It was at that time that it hit Me like a ton of bricks.. Years later when I was a cop, I remember this 19 year old kid that I chased over 3 fences and then had to wrestle Him to put on the handcuffs on and when filling out the Arrest Report He was adamant His name was "Txxxx Hill Sr." I said there is no such thing as 'Senior' and He told Me "I'm the man in My house and will be respected by My name" I then told Him.. "I only came to Your girlfriends parent's house because You beat Her up." I then asked Him who the older guy was and he said "That is Her father.." so I said "So He is in charge then right? see?.."

Believe Me when I type this, I KNOW this is a wee bit petty but come on, getting letters for a sperm donation? How about doctors and such that actually EARN the letters?

I concur YOLO is also a sham.

Thanks, I haven't been able to find an avenue to rid MySelf of the 'attachment' that that carried.. Feel lighter already.

namaste

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: spellin fo paw

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
"It is what it is." What a defeatist thought.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

"it's a matter of national security"

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
And then there's the whole politically correct speak....

Like that round metal lid you see in the street, you can't call it a "manhole" anymore...no, it's now an "Underground Concrete Vault (UCV)". (facepalm) !!

or...

"Low Information" voter...Good GAWD!!! How about just plain STOOPID!!???

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Manspreading?

What a useless and stupid word.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I hate the word "don't", when used to limit someones freedom.

"Don't curse"

"Don't play your music in public"

"Don't go into the parks at night" (what are you afraid I'm gonna somehow chop all the trees down and poison every lake?)

"Don't put flyers up in public"

"Don't ask questions you are not supposed to"

"Don't believe in firearms ownership"

Etc

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Hillary, is that you????

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
"Weapons of Mass Destruction". What military doesn't have weapons of mass destruction? That's the whole point.

In basketball, the term "stretch 4". I hate that term with the fury of A THOUSAND SUNS!!! (ok, maybe not that much)

"Instantaneously" (Grrr just say "instantly"! It's shorter, means the same thing, AND SOUNDS BETTER!!!)

"Terrorist" (Once I saw Ethiopia's govt imprisoning journalists as "terrorists", the word had officially lost all meaning.)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Sorry, I hate it when I hear "supposebly"

I'll punch a baby in the face

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Heh! Yeah, that and "prackly"

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
Sorry, I hate it when I hear "supposebly"

LOL Definitely! I thought it was just a Southern thing so I didn't include it in my list. But I both laugh & glare when I hear it. One of my friends hates it even more, though. It's like nails on a chalkboard to her (so sometimes I'll say it just to pick on her).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join