It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Business At Risk From Maliscious Litigant.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

WTF? Can't you sue bbc for slander? Man best of wishes on your case. It really is BS....

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
He is back. Yeah I've seen him else where.
That is all I need to know.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So I am going to say something and its something you probably don't want to hear.

To me you are just a avatar, i cannot claim to know you because i have had some brief chats with you on a random internet forum but i do respect what you have to say on a number of topics.

However.....

If this is true:

"He would just make gestures ranging from what I would call quite low level. He would wink at me, limp wrist, [make the shape of a] tea pot, kiss at me and what I would class as a vile, vulgar homophobic gesture as well, inferring oral sex with a male. That was the most offensive," Tim told me in an exclusive interview.

You broke the law.

Like it or not, you could say the law is wrong but you broke the law and as such will be punished under the law its how our society works. Most would view these actions as being homophobic.

The question then really is what proof did this guy "tim" have that you had made these gestures?

If it really was a case of his work against yours then you have been hard done by and this is just another example of how broken our legal system is. However if he has actually been able to prove that you committed these acts then I don't really think you have a leg to stand on.

To me it sounds like you lost through some administrative error other than anything else which to me just shows how utterly broken our system of jurisprudence is in this country that you can lose your life because of not ticking the right box or handing in the right document on the right date even if your innocent.

edit on 30-10-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So, have you appealed against the ruling of the court yet?
Southend gay man wins damages over homophobic gestures
...if I was not discriminatory to someone and a court ruled against me I would appeal.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

With what funds?

It costs money to employ a lawyer, it costs money to have your day in court. I simply have not got the money to take the case as far as it would have to go, in order to attain for myself even the smallest measure of justice. Its taking all I have just to remain fed and watered, and at the moment, the kind of closure I need from this is out of my price range.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Have you not tried 'no win no fee' type lawyers or a Gofundme type page?
I'd be battling hard to clear my name if I knew I was innocent of a discrimination claim, but then I am a persistent bugger.
I'd want that seven and a half grand back as well.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

It costs money to employ a lawyer

CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) can look over your case and get you a free lawyer (No fee. Not even a fee on winning or losing).

Seems to me though, that you were at fault and you’d lose the appeal.
edit on 1262018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

With respect... I do not think you understand the situation I am in here. A Gofundme page is all very well, but given that this could, if taken to the highest court level, which I can guarantee it would, be at least hundreds of thousands to put right, and given also the fact that "no win, no fee" lawyers rarely take on cases unless it involves the chasing of an ambulance as far as I know, no, I have not tried these things, and heres the rub.

Unless there is no need to TRY, only the necessity to actually DO, I have not the time or the mental energy required. I have a business to run, that I started in desperation. I can either run my business, or somehow cobble the money together, from people on the internet, to be involved in yet more court time, but I cannot, I bluntly refuse to do both. My mental health will not permit that level of strain, or interaction with the matter in the slightest.

I need to work, I need to eat, I need my living NOW. When and if I find myself in a position to, independently of anyone elses charity, take that bastard to court and have him buried in debt for the rest of his misbegotten life, then and ONLY then, when it would be less effort on my part than pushing out a damp fart, will I give him any more of my time. I certainly will not be deploying resources toward that effort, until I have far more resources than I have now. My business has vapour in its tank, and until I am financially secure, I will not be putting my mental health at risk by involving myself in any further action.

I am tired, I am hurt, and I do not need suggestions as to how to proceed. I just need to be permitted to continue my life without further interference, from anyone, ever again.

I don't mean to be sharp... I just... I haven't got what it takes to engage in an activity where the outcome is not guaranteed by being in the right in the first place, and I have already learned the lesson the hard way, that right and wrong, truth and being the one in possession of it, do not matter to the courts.

If I had, without having to ask for it, millions of pounds to mess around with, sure, I would take that guy apart, hire infallible lawyers who always do perfect paperwork, set investigators on him to find out where the bribe money he payed his "witness" came from, all that. But I am not about to go cap in hand to the world, THEN engage in a process whose outcome is not determined by who is telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Terry Don,

With respect, you don't know what you are talking about. They are not going to find me a free lawyer who is going to get a case from the start to the highest courts in Britain, probably taking several years to complete, and one which would challenge the use of a law which was written for noble purpose, to criminally defraud a family of their business. No, with respect, no one is going to do that for free, unless some high flier with time on their hands hears of the case and wants a challenge. Free lawyers from the state are simply not going to have the skill or the experience necessary to do the job, and that should have been obvious. The implications of a win would, from the governments perspective and from the perspective of some very powerful lobbies, be extremely embarrassing, and cause them an awful lot of trouble long term, so unless you have heard of CAB Lawyers getting BIG cases won, which I never have despite having researched the matter, I fail to see why you are drawing these objectionable conclusions.

If you know a lawyer who takes names and kicks arse for free, and wins even when the system wants him to loose, you let me know in private, and I will look them over.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I wouldn't have given up if I was innocent, even if I had to represent myself.
I'd keep fighting until the end because right now, you have a court ruling on your name that you discriminated against a guy for being gay, so no matter what you say, the court ruled in favour of the complainant.
You can say the court is wrong all day, but if you aren't even fighting it I'll assume the court made the correct decision.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That’s EXACTLY what they do lol.

My wife went through them for something. Long story short (and not giving personal details) it was 5 years and she still had the same, free lawyer through CAB. So don’t spout rubbish that they won’t.

But here you are, found guilty, not following through to try and prove your innocence. Just sounds like you’re guilty and want to moan about it.
edit on 1362018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Yeah, I'd never give up if I was innocent. Seems defeatist to me just whining on an internet forum.
I'd fight a discrimination decision by a court to the end if I had not been discriminatory, even if I had to represent myself.
It would be interesting if the OP posted the court records of the case, I have been tempted to pay for it myself to read what actually happened, but I'm too tight fisted lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Me too! Damned if I would have that permanently attached to my name if I was innocent. I’d fight with EVERYTHING I could.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join