It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Business At Risk From Maliscious Litigant.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Damn, I'm sorry to hear this True. It's like "when bad things happen to good people".

There's nothing much I can say that hasn't been said, but if worse comes to worse, and you do have to start over again, then you CAN. You absolutely can. The idea of starting over again from scratch sounds exhausting and maybe even overwhelming at times. I said "from scratch", but it's not really from scratch, because think of all the know-how and business sense you'll be starting out with this time, that you didn't have before. Things you thought of along the way last go-round that you wanted to change. You can change those things now. Make things better.

You are young enough, strong and smart enough to start over, and make improvements; make things better.

Nevertheless, I'm so sorry for all the stress and distress this has inevitably caused for you and your family. I hope you get your sea-legs back quickly, and I think you will. You won't let this person (who was looking for a quick and easy buck) get the best of you - not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
True, I'm sad to hear how this all turned out. Its stories like this that make you wonder where we will be in the future. If a person is not allowed to speak on their own behalf, and in their own defense, what good is a justice system really?

Words are your sword, and you are a warrior in that regard, use them wherever you can. Write letters to anyone who may be able to help, you never know what could come of it. Don't know if you have an equivalent to an "ombudsman" in the UK, but there must be some government/social office that goes to bat for the little guy. Ours thoughts are with you.

Just remember "those who anger you, control you"!

Namaste,
YogaGinns
edit on 19-9-2015 by YogaGinns because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinkerton
Eveybody seems to believe this version of the story without question. It was a malicious litigant! My lawyers were no good! The judge was mean!

Perhaps you should behave in a manner that is acceptable in a modern society.

Excuse me, but many of us know True as a poster on ATS, and are very aware of his views. He is a very honorable person in every degree. He is not a homophobe. He has been victimized by a litigious individual and I fully believe him.

Those who have a knowledge of True can easily see this was a load of crap. Those who do not know him might question, which puts you in the latter category. You know nothing of the case or of True, yet you are siding with the plaintiff?

If it were in my own power I would have lawyers lined up in a phalanx to protect him out of my own pocket. Sadly, I have no means to do this, but believe me, my brain was searching for any possible thing I could do to help him. I'm dead serious too.

(Sorry, True, I would if I could and I will send you light and all positive energy to shift this back to justice!! It is little and late, but I'm in your corner always.)

AB

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
At times like this, it's okay to ask yourself "what would Donald Trump do?"

I heard him say a couple of weeks ago, when one is sued, one must countersue, of course!

(If you need some character witnesses I know where you can get a few hundred).

edit on 9/19/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sorry this happened to you,sadly i have no legal advice to offer....

Are you able to start some sort of a "go fund me" type of thing,i am sure some here on ats would contribute as well as some of your loyal customers.....

Anyways i hope it gets better for you
edit on 19-9-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am so sorry TrueBrit, may all go well for you and yours and the truth prevail.
Your writing will be missed. I stalk you.

Keep us up dated.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinkerton

Perhaps you should behave in a manner that is acceptable in a modern society.

TrueBrit is an outstanding kind, generous, courage's member he does not deserve such an accusation.
His participation on the board can not be measured in any currency but empathy. I beg all goes well for him.
But don't bash him please.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I saw that video you posted, you seem like a cool cat to me.

I am going to agree with the poster who said countersuit. This is your only choice now.

Can you throw together a go-fund page?

I hate litigious baysterds. I will help throw down for your lawyer, I'm sure others on here will as well.

Set it up and link it here, if that's allowed. If not, maybe ask mods to make a special exception.

Good luck man

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

According to the judge my accusation was spot on, I fail to see where I bashed the OP. Facts are facts, an emotional attachment to somebody's online persona doesn't change that.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that, bud. Wish I could help! Sending positive vibes just cause that's all I've got at the moment. Hope it all works out in the end. Maybe one day you will decide/realize that it all happened for a reason and it was well worth it in the end... Best of wishes to you and yours.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinkerton

Yeah, ok, you have a rigjt to tour opinion, and we have the right to give support to whomever we wish...but why cant you just say these things under your Real username?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

My real username appears just above my posts but what does that have to do with the FACT that the judge ruled against the OP? Please stay on topic, thanks.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

....Basically, my families business was taken to court yesterday, Friday. We were fighting a case against a man who fabricated a series of events, in which he paints me as a homophobe, as an intimidating and potentially violent, and prejudiced person. I was supposed to speak in my defence, but unfortunately, my witness statement was disallowed by the judge, because it came in late. We have been fighting this for two years, and our original solicitors, whom we had to fire and replace, had messed up so much of our paperwork, that our case was scuppered from the beginning....

Hi Pete,
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been put in this position.
Anyone who knows you, EVERYONE who knows you, understands that you are neither Homophobic, intimidating, violent or prejudiced.

It seems to me that the causal issues here lie with the handling of your case, and the late filing of relevant documents?
If the lawyers that you hired were incompetent and/or negligent then there MUST be a way of proving that.
As previous posters have suggested, can you apply for Legal Aid? or Use a No Win-No Fee solicitor to pursue the previous law firm?

If you can PROVE their incompetence/negligence then you would have a case for the courts re-examining the original "offence".

1st step would be to find a no win no fee provider who would look at your case?

If there's anything I can do to help, just give me a shout bro.

BigG

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

So can we take gays to court for not liking our lifestyle? We as Hetero's may not like their ways or even like them, but we should not be getting sued over it.

I am not saying that True is this way, but just in general... This world is just Ef'd up anymore.

It is alright for them to throw their lifestyle in our faces and ram it down our throats, (pun not intended) but if we were to do the same thing, they could not be sued?

True My friend, You have hundreds of posters here who know You well enough by your interactions with them that they, Me included, can and will be character witness's for You in court!!!

One way or another I hope You will succeed with a counter suit...
Ceck Your inbox Bro... Syx...

(post by Pinkerton removed for a manners violation)
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The support that you all have given my family and I in this thread is awesome in its depth. I cannot express the depth of my gratitude.

We are all trying to scramble together our minds together and figure out how things stand, and where and how to move on from where we are. I will attempt to keep you all updated on the situation as it develops from here.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

What sort of a pathetic legal system is England running these days? That just reeks of a massive miscarriage of justice and if I were you I would fight this - especially since you have EVERYTHING to loose by not doing so.

A pathetic politically correct, "wrap every minority up in cotton wool and immediately assume that anything they claim is true and everyone else is a raving homophobe, or islamaphobe, racist, or some other kind of "ist""

Ironically the OP seems to be very left wing and quite in tune with that kind of mentality, but has fallen foul of it.

OP - is there no way to appeal the courts decision, or to appeal to a higher court that there has been a miscarriage of justice - particularly as you were refused the ability to offer a defence?

(post by Pinkerton removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My heart breaks as I read your words. I know you only from here but I have total belief that the TrueBrit I know does not fit the description of the person they are painting you to be. I like to think that good rises above evil to triumph but I cannot tell you that.

Know that there is currently a powerful energy being sent to you from the ENTIRE world, the love of your ATS friends. Let us help carry your burdens, let us ease your suffering.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

We are right here by your side dear friend and will be with you every step of the way. For now just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and sending out a world of love your way!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join