It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Business At Risk From Maliscious Litigant.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ugh, fight it with everything you have and countersue the skirt off the claimant.

You are more than welcome here in the US as a refugee from a corrupt legal system if all else fails.

Stiff upper lip, I hope this helps and my pathetic attempt at humour isn't too irritating!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

hang in there man. i'm very sorry to hear this.

unfortunately in this day and age you need to video interactions in order to protect yourself from malicious litigation.

i wish you luck and hope everything turns out for the better.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I'm sorry for you, man. That sucks. Is there any way to appeal it? Anywho, good luck.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about your predicament TrueBrit, I can understand the anger against the machine. That will subside after a time. I don't know how to offer help, but sometimes local councillors, politicians can lobby on a persons behalf if the law was involved, as in Crown Court or Magistrates. A civil case would be harder, but good luck in any case.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

True Brit, I am so sorry about what you've been dragged through!

Having your family business and livelihood impacted like this is terrible. But having your integrity tarnished as well... well, it's devastating.

I'm afraid I am unable to offer any legal advice. However, I do have some practical suggestions that may (or may not) be of use:

1. Consider suing the original Solicitor via a no win/no fee route. It won't help you right now, but it might offer you some financial easement later down the line.

2. I'm assuming a civil court made the decision. If so, the one good thing is that the decision was made on the balance of probability, which is far from certainty and ripe for challenge. I know you're not in the financial position right now to secure representation for an Appeal... but could you start the process? There's lots of Solicitors and Barristers in training out there who will be able to offer you some pro-bono help (I know this because one I knew used to help out on refugee cases). It's not perfect, but it's a start. And if point 1 gets resolved in the meanwhile, it could contribute funds to the cause.

3. The individual has made such hideous allegations that I bet my right arm they've been a right knob before and will be again. Is there anyway you could get someone to do some investigation and see what you can dig up? It might help your appeal if you decide to register one.

4. Report the original Solicitor to the Law Society. While it won't help you right now, it might ensure that some semblance of justice emerges from this travesty.

5. In terms of getting work over the next 10 days... no need to go into details, but is your business local (e.g. plumber, builder, electrician) or can it be undertaken anywhere (e.g. web builder, writer etc)? If it's the latter, perhaps we as your ATS family can help with signposting some work your way.

Stay strong my friend! I wish I could be of more help and I genuinely that justice comes through for you.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
TrueBrit my friend, the law is an ass.

I am truly sorry to hear about your predicament and as you have stated, all is not lost. But when decisions like this are made, without being afforded the right to be heard, well that is beyond.

Although I do not know you personally, I know from your many posts that you are a fair person with a great social conscience. If there is anything we can do to assist you in your quest for justice, please let us know.

All the best and I hope this episode is brought to end as soon as possible for you all.

edit on 19/9/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: Typo

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Eveybody seems to believe this version of the story without question. It was a malicious litigant! My lawyers were no good! The judge was mean!

Perhaps you should behave in a manner that is acceptable in a modern society.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinkerton

Thanks Stinkerton, I didn't think anyone could be less helpful than me.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

You're welcome

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinkerton
Eveybody seems to believe this version of the story without question. It was a malicious litigant! My lawyers were no good! The judge was mean!

Perhaps you should behave in a manner that is acceptable in a modern society.

You obviously don't know True at all! Any of us who have come to know this man and call him friend trust him implicitly! To come here and say such things when he and his family are going through this hell is just amazingly unfair and a lie!

link   
a reply to: Pinkerton

I see that you are newly signed up and we may be wrong to take Brits ATS persona as his regular one but if he is anything like he is on these boards your assumption would be very far off.

link   

originally posted by: Pinkerton
a reply to: greencmp

You're welcome

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
True, can you find one of those lawyers who take on a case where you don't have to pay them unless you win? I have done that in the past here in the U.S. Your first lawyer was grossly negligent or incompetent or whatever. Don't give up the ship just yet. You might still have a chance here. I love you dear friend and am here by your side.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'd rather leave out assumptions altogether, both positive and negative assumptions. When you strip the story down to the facts it's rather simple, the judge sided with the litigant. When there is actual proof of a miscarriage of justice I'll be next in line to offer rainbows, lollipops and hugs.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Isnt there an English Barrister on here IsaacKoi that posts in the UFO forums all the time that might be able to help.

edit on 19/9/15 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sounds like a family business oft' frequented by locals... If you've done good by them, people will stick by you.

So when placing the going out of business signs, make it obvious that it's due to legal action. May not be able to post specifics, but enough where people complaining about it closing would consider asking. Then let it slip by word of mouth. The law may not have served justice, but certainly the community would eventually sort things out.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

haha get rekd son

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So sorry to hear about your troubles. You seem like the kind of guy everyone likes off the bat, I can't imagine anyone being malicious to you. I hope things turn for the better really soon. Best wishes.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What a crock pot of poop......After working all of my life in the retail business I certainly have a feel for people and it is almost 100 % on the money.
TrueBrit is what he is and that is one of the most respected members here on ATS and always ever so polite.
I am truly sorry for the situation you are in and hope to hell something good comes your way soon.

Regards Iwinder

edit on 19-9-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ugh, I can't believe this is how your case ended.

I remember you writing a bit about this a year ago and how optimistic you were that truth and justice would prevail by your family taking the proper legal roads.

The fact that you were disallowed to speak on your own behalf in defense is a crime in and of itself.

Surely there must be a way for you to qualify for Legal Aid, so that you can get legal representation to fight this ? Particularly because your family's livelihood is on the line based on nothing but hearsay from only one side of the argument without allowing you the ability to defend yourself in a court of law ?

That goes against every tenet of the justice system (ie: without prejudice) and instead, was allowed to turn into a witch hunt.

Please don't give up on this just yet without looking into every possible option available out there TrueBrit... you have the legal right to have your side of the story heard before a judge. It can't hurt to pick up the phone and call Legal Aid and at least find out if you can get their help ?

My fingers are crossed for you and your family.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join