It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Davis’ clerk issues marriage license to lesbians while Christians shout they are going to Hell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yep.

Chalk up another precedent.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yep.

Chalk up another precedent.

And the problem with everyone has the same right to marry is?

Nothing in her job discriptive changed. She verifies clerical information. That's her job.

Setting a precedent in this case is wrong because?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think props need to be given to Deputy Clerk Brian Mason who appears to be the only clerk in that office that is willingly giving marriage licenses out to same sex couples.

ABC

Mason is the only employee in Davis' office who has said he does not object to issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Hughes said he agreed with his fellow deputy clerks to issue the licenses to "ease the stress of the situation." But Hughes noted the other clerks would issue the licenses if Mason were absent.

CBS

Deputy Clerk Brian Mason -- sitting behind a sign that reads "marriage license deputy" -- gave them a license despite his boss's objections and after a delay because of a printer problem. Protesters in the back heckled Mason, but he ignored them, initialed the license and shook the couple's hands.

He remained calm, scrolling on his computer and chewing gum, despite the surreal scene unfolding before him.

Speaking outside the Rowan County Courthouse as she returned to work, Davis announced that any licenses issued by her office, with or without her name on the form, would be "unauthorized."

Perhaps Rowan County has a qualified replacement for Davis when this eventually forces her out of office?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You are missing the obvious.

Why would experienced lawyers always seem to "forget" an important point that leads to a defeat in court?

Answer: it sets planned precedence.

The entire Kim Davis affair is controlled opposition to make sure future cases don't get any attention.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why would experienced lawyers always seem to "forget" an important point that leads to a defeat in court?

Nope. Just like typical fundie Christians, this guy thinks that he and his religious objections are above the law.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You are missing the obvious.

The entire Kim Davis affair is controlled opposition to make sure future cases don't get any attention.

Kim's an idiot. She's being used by her lawyers from the Extreme Fundamental Christian law firm. Who also represented at least one of the other high profile Christian discrimination cases. Which they also lost.

Precedent will be set because it's being forced by anti-gay Christian lawyers who don't have a leg to stand on.

It's not some controlled conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Nope. Just like typical fundie Christians, this guy thinks that he and his religious objections are above the law.

Nope. It's controlled opposition 100%.

The proof will come out next week.

I already know

And I know who's involved

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yes, Kim is being used.

As in blackmail.

And I know why

The bombshell will hit next week.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Nope. It's controlled opposition 100%.

The proof will come out next week.

I already know

And I know who's involved

Some tidbit you picked up from one of your extreme Right Wing sites?

Fall off that cliff yet?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeroicWrath
I think Jesus would be very ashamed of the way some of these "Christians" are acting in the way of the same-sex marriage. Not only are they already condemning especially when they probably aren't without some form of "sin" themselves; but they are also just making themselves look silly with all of this. I wonder what the churches are like at this time...

Yep, they forgot about what Jesus talk about. Who ever never sin cast the first stone. These people are so backwards and full of hate. We know them by their fruits. I think Jesus would not be too happy about this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join