It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Davis’ clerk issues marriage license to lesbians while Christians shout they are going to Hell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Story:

RawStory

Direct link to video:

As much as the protesters in the video disgust me, I can understand protesting outside on public property as a protected right to peacefully protest.

I do not understand why they are allowed inside the office where they are harassing individuals and as I see it interfering with official business.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is crazy! Moorehead PD has some damn good restraint. Kentucky will be shaping up to be our most progressive state after all of this.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
And the people that put up a Billboard is Childish and Undignified..

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

There's no way protesters should have been allowed inside the building where business is being conducted. That guy screaming about how the marriage licenses aren't valid should have been put out or arrested for disturbing the the peace.

Disgusting display of "Sour Grapes"!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I would've liked to have seen The Prea¢her or at least the hat He passed around...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

If Malcolm X were alive to today here's what he would have said to the so called Christians:

edit on 14-9-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wow if I went into the clerk office screaming ALLAHU AKBAR YOU"RE ALL GOING TO HELL I will be ALLOWED to do so?!?

Doubt it!

Christian double standard, no doubt.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

There's no way protesters should have been allowed inside the building where business is being conducted. That guy screaming about how the marriage licenses aren't valid should have been put out or arrested for disturbing the the peace.

Should the Governor have called the National Guard?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
One of the downsides to living in Kentucky is the blatant backwardness, but luckily everyone isn't like this!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Are you feeling the love of the lord yet, Windword?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
"Moorehead PD"? MOREHEAD!!! LMAO!!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's a public office. Unless the people presented a security threat, they can be there. The office belongs to the people. As much as I disagree with all of this, I have to concede that they have the right to enter the building, just like how anyone can walk into a library.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think Jesus would be very ashamed of the way some of these "Christians" are acting in the way of the same-sex marriage. Not only are they already condemning especially when they probably aren't without some form of "sin" themselves; but they are also just making themselves look silly with all of this. I wonder what the churches are like at this time...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

"Moorehead PD"? MOREHEAD!!! LMAO!!

The irony of the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

so can I got into the library an yell "ALLAHU AKBAR YOU"RE ALL GOING TO HELL" a half a dozen times or so without getting thrown out?

from what I heard, they weren't protesting they were preaching, in a gov't building. a bunch of wiccans should show up tomorrow quietly passing informational packets describing wiccan wedding ceremonies just for kicks...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There should be a group of pro-equality folks in there to sing a song or chant louder than the Christians. It will either drown the Christians out, or they'll all be forced to leave. Win/win.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
And the people that put up a Billboard is Childish and Undignified..

And some asshat screaming in the Clerk's office is dignified and acting as an adult.

ETA: He is preaching from a 2000 YO fairy tale, and the billboard is actually factual.
edit on 9/14/2015 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What exactly do these people get from harrassing and telling anyone they are going to hell? a sense of moral superiority? I don't argue the right to protest I just really am curious as to what is rattling around in some peoples heads. Im pretty sure there be words in the good book regarding this kind of behaviour.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

They don't do themselves any favor.

Reminds me of the resurected videos from the Civil Rights era.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think that with all this clear hate coming out from the right that any gay person should consider concealed carry or at least open.
edit on 14-9-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join