It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Davis’ clerk issues marriage license to lesbians while Christians shout they are going to Hell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ugly as hell

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

Never posted or gave that woman the attention or time of day on this but they shouldn't be in the office. I don't see gay pride parades in churches, so this is a mockery of the system and that state.

Some are going to be really surprised when they die on just who's going to hell! I'll be there waiting to take pictures. . .

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

but that would have just made it more difficult to process the licenses, and they wanted them processed. that's why I said that tomorrow a group should go in and quietly pass out controversial pamphlets from an alternative religious viewpoint, just to see if they allowed to do so.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Somebody should clue these people in to the non-existence of Hell. They might finally be able to relax a little bit.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Factual? The billboard doesn't make any sense at all!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I would probably be more weary of getting a beat down and held in an uncomfortable position if you did that more than getting thrown out. Maybe film it as a social experiment and see?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Factual? The billboard doesn't make any sense at all!

Yeah factual, people used to trade their daughters for dowries all the time, and they included livestock and property. Amazing the things you can learn when you actually are interested in history beyond 2000 YO fairytales.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Depends on how the staff feel. Public offices get all kinds of upset customers who scream and yell. Just go to the DMV and watch. People throw their hands up, yell and threaten the employees all the time. It's up to the management to determine if the people making all the noise are disruptive or a security threat.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
What a bunch of backward stupid bigoted nut jobs.
All going to hell of course.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

What a bunch of backward stupid bigoted nut jobs. All going to hell of course.

Yep they all will be in for a rude awakening.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Does this mean everyone who drives will go to hell?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's up to the management to determine if the people making all the noise are disruptive or a security threat.

And, as the elected County Clerk, guess who the manager is?
edit on 9/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And, as the elected County Clerk, guess who the manager is?

Oh touche. BINGO was his nameo.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Imagine for a second that you work in that office. Imagine Kim Davis is your boss...

God, what a awkward workplace environment. I wonder how well they all get along when the cameras aren't around? I wonder what their employee evaluations will be after they go ahead and issue the marriage licenses? Yeah, you'd think anything negative could constitute a lawsuit -- but what if there are legitimate performance issues that usually Kim would just deal with verbally? They'd be legitimate performance issues...

I know that I wouldn't want to work there with that woman. I wouldn't want all the media attention, and I certainly wouldn't want to be issuing licenses after my boss said they're not valid and ran to hide in her office.

Good lord, just imagine what it must be like for those other employees. I think the word "awkward" doesn't even do the situation justice.

Imagine waking up, shuffling into the bathroom, yawning and remembering that you work in the clerk's office with all of this going on. Just thinking about all the cameras, media, protesters and your...boss all there waiting for you...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I know that I wouldn't want to work there with that woman. I wouldn't want all the media attention

Come to think of it... that kind of thing is not comfortable for workers. Was Kim thinking about them? Or only for herself?

God, what a awkward workplace environment.

That's why we have the laws in place. She certainly wasn't thinking about them only herself.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

or better yet, hand a flyer to those going in to the building that contains all the verses in the bible about how god hates divorce, and encourage those who take it to leave it somewhere in the office, on the counters, in the bathrooms, in the potted plants, on any tables or seats ect.

they're actually being allowed to preach inside a public building, quit loudly by the way, what I am suggesting, both ideas it really quit quiet, non-intrusive, and not disruptive. if the one can be allowed so shouldn't the other.

but well, it would have to be tried to find out for sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

Pretty sure that Jesus said that the only thing that can possibly defile a person is that which proceeds from their lips.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

or better yet, hand a flyer to those going in to the building that contains all the verses in the bible about how god hates divorce, and encourage those who take it to leave it somewhere in the office, on the counters, in the bathrooms, in the potted plants, on any tables or seats ect.

they're actually being allowed to preach inside a public building, quit loudly by the way, what I am suggesting, both ideas it really quit quiet, non-intrusive, and not disruptive. if the one can be allowed so shouldn't the other.

but well, it would have to be tried to find out for sure.

The poster I responded to has every right to go into the library in a manner that might make others think terrorist attack. Have at it. I simply said the reaction might be much more than getting thrown out and to film it as a social experiment you see these days.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

actually, I think that if you go into the library and start shouting anything and ignore their request to be quiet, you gonna be thrown out. but well, I'm a tad bit old fashions and am asking for too much to have a quiet library.

I like quiet, and if I had to go into that country clerks office for any reason, I probably would have thrown a fit myself, and certainly wouldn't have raise my voice so it could be heard over their insane shouting! Especially if I was there on court business, I would have just thrown the paperwork at them, with a note to the judge attached saying sorry, I tried, can't talk and be heard in your office, and left. call me when you can provide me with an office that has an atmosphere that is appropriate for doing business!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I would go on sick and sue for damages.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join