It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Old Are You? The Answer Is Not What You Think It Is.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: vethumanbeing
So what I say is karmic law all of a sudden?

Don't play dumb, my disagreement has nothing to do with the OP's or your belief about the meaning of life.

You're claiming a much bigger order of things than just my opinion.

If Karmic law is something you do not adhere to so NO (it is a given for billions of people) do not accept this 2.00 gift card toward a half coffee at BuckStars; if it doesn't resonate as your belief system ad infinitum. There is as you say a much bigger order of things at work that are not entirely within the humans control (more like a carnival ride; hang on). I wont play dumb if you admit you have no capacity for understanding what 'having a sense of humor' entails/means.
edit on 12-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

How old am I? As old as infinity with only one goal, to be the brightest light I can be and to maintain the light I am..

Does what you really are need maintaining? Do you really have a goal to be the brightest light?
What you are needs nothing because what you are is everything.

I was never born and I will never die.
I am timeless being.
Before Abraham was - I am.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
How can you say that the soul is much more important than your body?

It's like saying it's OK if someone kills you.

Bull#.

These kinds of threads are bull#. Spirituality aren't meant to be taken literally.
edit on 12-9-2015 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: boozo
How can you say that the soul is much more important than your body?

It's like saying it's OK if someone kills you.

Bull#.

The assumption is that you are a thing that can be killed!
Do you know what you are?
Do you know what the word 'soul' is pointing to?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Would that be cosmic dust?

As far as age in the respect of soul,
I don't know if we are eternal, or not.

My own understanding is that we are here to learn and grow as beings.
I view the world as a classroom, I really do.

In the music video I posted, there is a line by Carl Sagan "we are a way for the cosmos to know itself"
I believe this.

I think the higher things like life, and the experience we get with it, is a reflection of the universe learning about what it all is. I think it goes beyond just a simple biological chain reaction,the spiritual beings that we all are,the consciousness, it is all connected to the universe, which is in a sense eternal, however, it is just my own understanding, and I could be completely nuts, but my own observations, just through this lifetime tells me that we are much more than we think we are.

I am, you are, and we exist.

What we make out of that existence is up to us.
There is a bigger picture, but I am just a piece of the puzzle, just like you are, and everyone else is.
Sometimes some of us manage to step back, and and get a glance of the bigger pictures that we fit into,
and some never get the chance to see it because they never stepped back and really examined themselves or what it means to be "alive". And on that note, I forgot where I was going with this...lol

*raises coffee cup*
c(_)
Good Morning ATS!

*sip*

edit on 12-9-2015 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Time is the difference between motion and rest which is our true essence. Without it nothing vibrates, nothing exists.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
I was just having this convo with a friend of mine the other night.

Oddly, I felt older and wiser in the first years of my life than I do now. Granted, that could be from childish naivety, or it could be because we grow further from ourselves as we physically age. I'm not sure, but all that I really know now as an adult is that I truly know nothing. Even less than I did years ago.

I was thinking this exact same thing as I came across your post.

When I was younger I can remember having a familiar sense of 'knowing'... a secure feeling that gave me confidence in myself. It's hard to describe but I agree with what your saying.

As I've grown older, that feeling is no longer prevalent but more of a distant memory. I do feel it sometimes, only fleetingly, but its more like reminiscing to an old tune or distinct smell that stirs a distant and familiar emotion. You know what I mean, like that old song you hear that takes you back to a particular moment in time or a particular smell that emotionally transports you back to a distinct memory.

edit on 12/9/2015 by heliopolis because: Inserted quote

edit on 12/9/2015 by heliopolis because: none

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The energy of the universe has been evolving for 14 billion years while the collection of matter on earth has been evolving for 4 billion. That evolution process is driven by the survival of the Universe -- in other words, to defeat entropy.

I believe dreams -- a process of solving problems without having actual experiences -- are a step in the evolution of the energy of the Universe.

Anyway, those are my personal beliefs. I feel they mesh nicely with yours!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We are eternal. Bound to life until we learn what we must, then progress to the next level of consciousness.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
I wont play dumb if you admit you have no capacity for understanding what 'having a sense of humor' entails/means.

My problem with the OP's premise has nothing to do with the problems supposedly corrected by souls reincarnating.

Whether I understand what having a sense of humor means or not doesn't have anything to do with that claim.

edit on 12-9-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

i will hug the first person who says i look 21.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The spirit/soul lives in the heart, not the brain. One can be brain dead and still be alive.

One can be a fly or a microbe and be alive too. Is a person with an artificial heart soulless? We decided we are special so we made ourselves special, but that specialness only resides within our own fragile awareness.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Spoken like a regressed soul. It is your right to believe what you choose, hopefully one day you will figure it out.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

You look green and far from 21, unless that is a very angry 21 on steroids

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Faith in what you cannot see, but know to be true, deep in your soul, is for each to find out for themselves.

Not sure if you actually bothered to read what it is I wrote, try reading the above statement. Go read the entirety of what I wrote. Quit your incessant denials and just accept the fact that what you think and believe are entirely your thoughts and beliefs.

It is not a declaration of facts, it is a spiritual refrain for those to either enjoy or deny, Your Choice!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The spirit/soul lives in the heart, not the brain. One can be brain dead and still be alive.

One can be a fly or a microbe and be alive too. Is a person with an artificial heart soulless? We decided we are special so we made ourselves special, but that specialness only resides within our own fragile awareness.

Being alive as a human is not the same as living as a soul. The human body can stop functioning, but the soul lives on. A human with an artificial heart still has a soul, you are correct, but that heart will not behave the same way spiritually.

Whether a fly or a microbe are alive or a living organism does not necessarily mean they are with a soul of spiritual awareness, they are still considered energy, but there is more than one type of energy with different frequencies and vibratory existence.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Why? Because the soul I want to be is more important than the human I am.

Well then, you obviously must do what is most prudent, and do what every other fanatic does upon this realization: mortify the flesh to glorify the soul. Self-flagellation, castration, fasting, grovelling on the floor—this is the attitude I'm sensing here. I can say this because this is what I know to be true deep down in side. No need to prove it.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I read it and I'm just pointing out where your thoughts and beliefs seem illogical.

Why post here if you don't want the topic discussed?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Being alive as a human is not the same as living as a soul. The human body can stop functioning, but the soul lives on. A human with an artificial heart still has a soul, you are correct, but that heart will not behave the same way spiritually.

Whether a fly or a microbe are alive or a living organism does not necessarily mean they are with a soul of spiritual awareness, they are still considered energy, but there is more than one type of energy with different frequencies and vibratory existence.

Is a star alive and have a soul? I think it has a lot of energy....

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

And I am telling you to read the OP. I don't care if you believe it or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join