It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Old Are You? The Answer Is Not What You Think It Is.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tempestking

originally posted by: tempestking
its not the thinking of how long we think how old we are but the feeling that we have always bean hear or around in some form that we can not understand as for all the time we have bean around we are not able to conect the dots of the other moment of time spent bean somthing els but the time will come when we all will be able to understand everything so untill then houre moments of living will just be moments Then in time we can all move on and become something better i " HOPE "

The hoping to 'become something better' is the suffering. Life feels sh1t doesn't it?? Do you know why life feels as if something is wrong? It is just a matter of misidentification.
Until you realize that what you are can never 'become something' there will be suffering (suffering from a delusion, a misidentification). You have to realize what you really are - or at least, realize what you are not. You are not a 'thing' and you are not in time - so you cannot 'become'.
Are you or are you not? That is the question.
edit on 13-9-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Xtrozero

Absolutely, every star is alive and is the collective source output station for all souls that reside closest to it.

Nice....I must be a new soul I do not have your awareness on all things for you to speak so absolute.

Sure you do, every soul has awareness, there are just different vibrations of absolute. You are not a new soul, you are just wrapped in a human cocoon.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You may think you read it, but you didn't really read it. You insist on making it clear, but the only thing that is clear is that it did not sink in, so you may think you read it, but you certainly did not grasp it.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

How old am I? As old as infinity with only one goal, to be the brightest light I can be and to maintain the light I am..

Does what you really are need maintaining? Do you really have a goal to be the brightest light?
What you are needs nothing because what you are is everything.

I was never born and I will never die.
I am timeless being.
Before Abraham was - I am.

Interesting, all you did was say the same thing without referencing the light, instead you threw Abraham into the mix.

The only way to explain things for humans to understand is to talk in a language they comprehend and even then they will find a way to insert their own semantics.

Every soul has a unique vibrational frequency, the higher that frequency the brighter they are, dim souls have the same ability to increase that vibration if they strip away the veil of darkness that is the human construct and accept that they are living in a temporary condition designed to test the spiritual being.
edit on 13-9-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Here is a quote that I fall back on when I am dealing with stubbornness, "you can lead a horse to water...", or I can use the other one, " give me the serenity...".

Either one is apropos for this situation.

Sometimes we just have to accept that and not allow our human condition to react to a spiritual infarction.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I read it and understand it, I disagree. Why can't you accept that?

Just because it rings true to you doesn't mean that it is true. It isn't even logically sound.

Who cares how long an eternal soul spends incarnating? What difference does it make if they "feel" their real age or if they just count from the start of this round?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So just more unverifiable soul claims and pseudo wisdom masquerading as philosophical discussion.
Again you have absolutely nothing aside from faith based assertions.
Come on, where did you gain this sacred knowledge? Don't tell me, higher meditation or some other Woo-woo type thing which you cannot prove in any way?

The ball is in your court, you make the assertions, so do tell what you are basing your claims on?
I say nothing but faith, but please correct me if I am mistaken.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
originally posted by: Xtrozero
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

vhb: A person transplanted with an artificial mechanical heart is in real trouble the soul cannot occupy that space; transplanted another freshly dead human heart not so much; but very confusing for the spirit that USED to inhabit it (territorial war ensues between current and past soul inhabitant).

Etrozero: How do you know the soul is in the heart and it is not just a muscle doing what it was evolved to do? Also, are you saying it is just better to die than to prolong life with artificial means. You know we are entering an era where people will have many machines and test tube growth organs to prolong their lives.

You realize machines (robotic) do have the ability to achieve vague consciousness? They are not of an animal material; but the repetitive motions allow a very unique undeveloped energy form to occupy this magnetic electrical space? Think about granite, limestone/quartz. These minerals have the capacity to store energy. Why prolong a life that upon incarnation has a built in death decree? I have no problem with stem cell umbilical cord research. How do I know the soul/spirit occupies the heart and consciousness/reason resides in the brain? Its the only conclusion I could come to regarding the existence of either (they do not they get along at all BTW).
edit on 13-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Whichever You prefer, remember You're only typing for YourSelf, ergo, any color (colour) is fine and o.k. too...

I'm easy..

The Eternity issue is the reason I've gone to 'Naming Day" instead of 'birthday' I was only 'named' for this incarnation and the body (skin suit) I currently call My ecological niche, is just to carry around My ageless/timeless Soul.

When I am 'done' and it is time to pass, that Soul will return from whence it came, The One Infinite Creator, Hunab Ku, who resides in The Octave..

namaste

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
originally posted by: JimNasium

You will be very pleasantly surprised who ELSE shows up to congratulate you in your success achieving whatever degree of "enlightenment" this life time allowed.
edit on 13-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Kids ask me this all the time. My favorite response is "older then sin, younger then dirt".

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I would say that i'm about 10 years old...well, most of me is about 10 years, some of me is a few years younger than that though.

Why am i at most only 10 years old, even though it has been almost 5 decades since i was born?

Our cells replenish themselves continually..well, until they run out of telomerase then they die permanently.

On average it takes the human body 10 years to completely renew every single cell in our bodies...some cells are faster than others, like skin cells, some take longer, like brain cells...but all of them, brain, blood, bone, organs all renew themselves within around 10 years.

So really...none of us are cellularly older than 10.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The idea of a soul existing since the beginning of time is odd to me. It presumes that human life is an intended consequence of the actions of the universe. Even though life itself may very well be just an accident that happened when some chemicals mixed just right in the right conditions. Then we have to go a step further and presume that HUMAN life is an intended consequence of life (unless you are suggesting that all life has a soul, but then you need to define what a "lifeform" is, because that idea can get very vague).

Too many assumptions to make this call. A soul, if it exists, would have to evolve from something simple to what you think it is just like everything else in the universe. Nothing else in this universe started out fully formed. Why should a soul be any exception?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The perception that we have of our soul and universe Is base on the human brain knowledge that tries to have an explanation of everything including the existence and beginning of everything.

We has human with human brain limitations could never be able to comprehend the concept of eternity, so the best way to deal with time is to make it easy of understand and closes to what we know, that means a way that hour brain can apply as it human life span time.

Is a reason why people that have after death experiences comeback with a bigger understanding of time and for them it means nothing.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Famouszor

You are entitled to your own belief. Congratulations on taking a stand. Maybe someday you will come to that fork in the road on your journey and find the one that leads you to a better understanding.

your response did not answer my questions.

Question: if a soul lives forever, why does it need a human body to live in it?

Once you explane that to me, then maybe I'll be on the road of better understanding.
edit on 21-9-2015 by Famouszor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Famouszor

Sometimes those answers have to come from within. Good Luck!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join