It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Old Are You? The Answer Is Not What You Think It Is.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

How Old Are You?

If your first inclination is to give a number based on the day you were born in this human body, you would be mistaken.

Maybe the body you inhabit has only been here a certain length of human time, but the soul that is doing the inhabiting has been around since the very beginning of existence.

You say that's nuts? Really? Okay. I get it. How can I say such a ridiculous idea is possible? Where is my proof of such a claim? Back it up or shut up, right?

I completely understand your hesitation in believing such a notion.

It is based on the fact that we are all connected to the same source of power, the very essence of our spiritual being. Fact? What fact? Prove it you say.

This could turn into a religious debate if I allow it, but the only thing I am going to say; is that if you have no problem believing the bible or the koran or the torah, then what I am postulating here should not be that difficult to grasp.

Postulating (claim something) is all I can offer, since everyone will say pictures or it ain't real.

Faith in what you cannot see, but know to be true, deep in your soul, is for each to find out for themselves.

Just keep in mind what it is you have faith in, where did that faith originate?
Was it something you were taught as a human? Were you raised in a specific environment? Did you get beaten down with a cultural baton?

If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then how can your faith be justified? My faith comes from within. I resist all temptation to allow the human construct the control, I choose to look within and see the light that I have shining bright.

More and more, daily, as I traverse this human conditional atmosphere, I find myself looking within for the guidance I need.

I find myself wanting to grab whoever I can and shake them free; free from their desire to be overcome by this Earthly dimension, trapped by their own fear.

Sure, I am guilty of acting out and being obnoxious, falling into the trap of my human condition, but that does not last very long.

Why? Because the soul I want to be is more important than the human I am.

How old am I? As old as infinity with only one goal, to be the brightest light I can be and to maintain the light I am.

PS. For those of you that find my colorization childish and offensive, I apologize. It is not my intent to cause you any harm, I just get tired of the same old boring type and try to interject some color for effect.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well, I find your coloring and kind of writing very childish, but there are some important points, you discribe here.

I am not of any religion. Still I come from somewhere and think that you are right: We all come from the same source.

But what does it matter in the face of reality? Right now the refugee problem in Europe is discussed here a lot. Most threads start foolish and end foolish. People are against people. No matter how old they are or their souls maybe.

Your colorization also looks like those silly adverts. I hope, you don't ask me to buy your new book. I really don't want it.

If you can stop some of the madness... Please, start here at ATS, where people wanted to deny ignorance and do exact the opposite. Help people be people, dear OP, and give them some good karma.

edit on 11-9-2015 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
How old would You be if You didn't know how old You were?

namaste

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Old enough!

I originally thought the OP was gonna tell me I'm 9 months older than my birth date or something lol.
edit on 11-9-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Well, I can type You that Your horoscope in the newspaper 'may' be wrong, if that helps??

My 'Naming Day' is May 31 so in the newspaper I fall under "Gemini" but in actuality I'm a 'Taurus'.. I only found this out after doing a FREE Ayurveda Astrology reading.. These go back a long, long, long time..

• I use "Naming Day" in lieu of 'birthday' because it is impossible putting an age on an Eternal Entity. I AM NOT My body...

namaste

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Contrary to the above poster, I find your submission not childish. Stating an idea clearly without trying to impress, impresses me.

Somewhere in my other post, I referred to an event of being taken out of body and shown my energy body or soul. Damned if I can describe it in depth, other than as to shape and getting this feeling of love and an eternal countenance, yet it having a deep sense of humor. The beings with me did say a simple thing. "it is a sacred thing".

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

PS. For those of you that find my colorization childish and offensive, I apologize. It is not my intent to cause you any harm, I just get tired of the same old boring type and try to interject some color for effect.

I don't find it childish at all. It just looks like hard work though, setting up the margins and text colors and heights and such. I appreciate that. It's definitely interesting.

With all that creativity i bet you could come up with a nice Avatar soon?

edit on 9/11/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I like your colorization and I understand what you are saying. Ultimately each of us is the one consciousness. We are really not the character we play. I don't even think that character exists actually. PEACE.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OP awesome text colors, makes it easier to see / read.

As for the post, I certainly don't know how old I am, but I've felt old even as a kid.
I've always felt we're here for experiences and to make the world a more positive place, it can be done.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I usually give two answers for "how old are you?"

My chronological age,
then guesstimate on soul age.

Honestly, none of us know, but I can only go off of memory, at least one other lifetime,
but been told about several.

I just tell people I am older than dirt and fart dust...lol

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

Not my truth.

I'm not the one showing contempt for this life.

Direct your wishes for luck to the OP.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Time is a creation of our own consciousness, the one consciousness. The intention of our/ the one consciousness is focused into a creation. The waves of potential form into form as the result of the focus of intention. How old am I / we? All I can say is that I/we, were here from the beginning and will always be here. There is no end. The channel just changes. OR. There will be other things, far beyond our present understanding. If you can let all that really soak in, you can't help but smile. PEACE.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I was just having this convo with a friend of mine the other night.

Oddly, I felt older and wiser in the first years of my life than I do now. Granted, that could be from childish naivety, or it could be because we grow further from ourselves as we physically age. I'm not sure, but all that I really know now as an adult is that I truly know nothing. Even less than I did years ago.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Would that be cosmic dust? Aside from the spiritual aspect of my OP, age as it pertains to humans to me has always been a false construct based on a birth date.

I think age for anyone here on Earth is relative to a state of body and mind, you are only as old as you feel or think.

As souls there is no age you can quantify, since there is no way of calculating when we came into existence, hence by that standard we are eternal and how many lifetimes we have is immaterial.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

That would be possibly due to a regression of your spiritual being from the human rhetoric we are force fed from a very early point in our newly formed human vessel brain functions.

When we enter this world we are without the veil until it is placed over our eyes here and forces us to be blinded by the darkness outwardly, thereby keeping us from looking within to the true light of our spiritual being.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Time is a creation of our own consciousness, the one consciousness. The intention of our/ the one consciousness is focused into a creation. The waves of potential form into form as the result of the focus of intention. How old am I / we? All I can say is that I/we, were here from the beginning and will always be here. There is no end. The channel just changes. OR. There will be other things, far beyond our present understanding. If you can let all that really soak in, you can't help but smile. PEACE.

I will humbly disagree with the creation of time theory in your post, time is not a creation of our consciousness, the concept of time is a man made construct, the one consciousness you speak of, the collective, does not require time to exist.

Past, Present and Future are all 3rd dimensional concepts. The dimension our spiritual being originates from does not have a Past, Present or Future, it just IS.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Thanks. Let me answer that for you. You are ageless. Eternal. Of infinity.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I do not show contempt for this life. Those that fail to understand what it is I have been saying are the ones with contempt. Whatever life is to anyone is for them to decide with the choices they make and those choices will impact the evolutionary process of their soul.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join