It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN LHC Glimpsed Into Another Dimension Today.. but wait, there's more!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Anyone getting a glimpse of the kingdom of Heaven by unnatural means is a thief sneaking in over the fence. They will be thrown out. Although, I think shrooms might be an exception, because God made nature so I guess that's sort of like an allowable cheat code to point you in the right direction.

Nevertheless, there is one Way to naturally break the extradimensional veil in your mind; such a Path allows a consistent residence in the Kingdom.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Anyone getting a glimpse of the kingdom of Heaven by unnatural means is a thief sneaking in over the fence. They will be thrown out. Although, I think shrooms might be an exception, because God made nature so I guess that's sort of like an allowable cheat code to point you in the right direction.

Nevertheless, there is one Way to naturally break the extradimensional veil in your mind; such a Path allows a consistent residence in the Kingdom.

Lets assume that the guys at CERN are trying to do that (which of course they are not)...if you believe in god then you believe that he created everything, which would include subatomic particles and the Higgs Field and quarks etc...so, its still all "natural" and you should still be happy with their work.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Lets assume that the guys at CERN are trying to do that (which of course they are not)if you believe in god then you believe that he created everything, which would include subatomic particles and the Higgs Field and quarks etc...so, its still all "natural" and you should still be happy with their work.

a 17 mile long circular tunnel with countless machines and computers is the opposite of natural. I'm not saying they should be shut down or anything, just expressing my opinions. I think the human body is adequate, and extradimensional exploration was the norm back before we alienated ourselves from reality (nature).

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Lets assume that the guys at CERN are trying to do that (which of course they are not)if you believe in god then you believe that he created everything, which would include subatomic particles and the Higgs Field and quarks etc...so, its still all "natural" and you should still be happy with their work.

a 17 mile long circular tunnel with countless machines and computers is the opposite of natural. I'm not saying they should be shut down or anything, just expressing my opinions. I think the human body is adequate, and extradimensional exploration was the norm back before we alienated ourselves from reality (nature).

So your god creates us with curiosity but wouldn't want us probing the universe that it created?
Out of curiosity, what was the limit?

Was building a telescope to look into space ok?
Was building ships to travel the world and discover new species ok?
Maybe particle accelerators are whats wrong? What about the first one? The small 9inch cyclotron built?

Or was the limit the neutrino detectors? Just curious...when did we reach a point where you feel we should have stopped or was "unnatural"?

edit on 1-2-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

So your god creates us with curiosity but wouldn't want us probing the universe that it created?

Maybe particle accelerators are whats wrong? What about the first one? The small 9inch cyclotron built?

Or was the limit the neutrino detectors? Just curious...when did we reach a point where you feel we should have stopped or was "unnatural"?

as i said "I'm not saying they should be shut down or anything". Science was necessary to transcend the era of hypocritical blind religious dogma, but ironically knowledge is all reverting back to those ancient texts of wisdom.

With that being said, I think the artificial means of microscopic and macroscopic observation have befuddled us. Most people don't even know the length of a lunar year, the axial tilt of earth, etc, yet mostly everyone "knows" the theoretical count of billions of stars in billions of galaxies, or a 14.whatever billion year age for the universe. Similarly on the microscopic perspective, we have not fully ascertained the implications of the atomic model, yet we still dig deeper and thus deepen the theoretical framework. It's like moving onto a calculus class when you still don't understand arithmetic.
edit on 1-2-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

as i said "I'm not saying they should be shut down or anything". Science was necessary to transcend the era of hypocritical blind religious dogma, but ironically knowledge is all reverting back to those ancient texts of wisdom.

With that being said, I think the artificial means of microscopic and macroscopic observation have befuddled us. Most people don't even know the length of a lunar year, the axial tilt of earth, etc, yet mostly everyone "knows" the theoretical count of billions of stars in billions of galaxies, or a 14.whatever billion year age for the universe. Similarly on the microscopic perspective, we have not fully ascertained the implications of the atomic model, yet we still dig deeper and thus deepen the theoretical framework. It's like moving onto a calculus class when you still don't understand arithmetic.

I disagree entirely (maybe cuz i studied physics at uni and so am biased) but i respect your opinion mate.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I disagree entirely (maybe cuz i studied physics at uni and so am biased) but i respect your opinion mate.

Appreciated
. I guess my main point was that the human potential remains untapped, and searching outside of it for answers may be misleading. As awesome as, for example, scanning electron microscopes are, it doesn't necessarily help me understand wtf is going on in this mysterious human condition.

Best of luck on your quest for knowledge.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Appreciated
. I guess my main point was that the human potential remains untapped, and searching outside of it for answers may be misleading. As awesome as, for example, scanning electron microscopes are, it doesn't necessarily help me understand wtf is going on in this mysterious human condition.

Best of luck on your quest for knowledge.

But dont forget that humans are exploring many many different avenues and fields in all sciences. sure a few thousand are busy on quantum mechanics and subatomic particles, but many more are researching the brain and the body.

Mankind has the capability to explore all avenues at once and that's amazing.

PLUS...i just have to add that every single microchip contains millions of transistors. A transistor is a purely quantum mechanical device. It works on the principles of QM we have learned and is the ultimate proof that quantum theory is correct. Transistors spawned microchips and microchips have spawned computers. Arguably, mankinds most powerful tool.

Many other things have been borne from particle physics, notably MRI machines and PET scans...2 very important tools in modern medicine.

And none of these discoveries have stopped other people looking deeper into man himself and understanding mankind, they just compliment it.

My 2 cents.

By the way, i gave up physics to become an animator. Physics was HARD and i was not smart enough...its still in my bones though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join