It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN LHC Glimpsed Into Another Dimension Today.. but wait, there's more!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
If they manage to pull every particle apart and get right down to 'glue' level, its going to be so much fun watching the anti-matter spread like wild fire and burn every combustible object on this planet.

Do some research on what existed before the big-bang. Anti-matter / matter, 50/50 followed by a big booooooom.

If the anti-matter wins this time, well i will let you work that one out.

Everything has an opposite like quark / anti-quark, electron / positron.

This is why Steve Hawking said it will be the end of all matter (current universe) if the anti-matter gets out of control.

Why would Hawking say anything like that? Does he not know what antimatter is and that supersymmetry is 'broken' in the observable universe?

I think that 'quote' is made up nonsense.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

What you just said made no sense. What is the GLUE level? Why would that create a runaway amoutn of antimatter?

This Youtube video from a (probable) CERN whistleblower explains what the 'glue' is or the Higgs Field.

CERN wants to look at all particles at the initial state. The glue is what came into existence that forms gravity and pulls strings and quarks together to eventually form galaxies.

Now CERN might create anti-matter (by accident ?) and if they do, everything will burn.

Take a nuclear warhead of matter (Uranium). It requires huge amounts of explosive to get the uranium to react.

Anti-matter is the opposite. It needs huge amounts of energy to NOT react.

Apparently 1g has the equivalent energy of our sun.

There is no single "glue" level force, there are four or more forces (we have hints that there are more than the four because of the work at the LHC).

Of course the LHC will create antimatter. We have been doing it for decades in all sorts of experiments. The thing is, the amounts are minuscule and usually react with normal matter and disappear almost immediately (and almost indetectably).

You don't need ANY explosive to trigger a nuclear explosion, just sufficient mass (called the supercritical mass) of the primary 'fuel'. Natural radioactive decay will trigger a cascade of neutrons leading to the release of the forces holding together all the atoms. If the mass is great enough, the energy released will be an a-bomb. We use explosives in our atomic bombs to assemble the mass quickly and do so 'on demand', rather than waiting for when nature feels like it.

Similarly, we only need to provide normal matter to annihilate with antimatter and release energy. If we can prevent matter and antimatter interacting, then no energy will be released. Containment is a problem and requires energy. Currently, the best way to contain antimatter is a 'bubble' of magnetic and electric fields, a thing called a Penning Trap. The difficulty is getting the antimatter to happen close enough to the trap, for it to be contained.

1 gram of antimatter, annihilating with 1 gram of matter; produces 180 terajoules, the equivalent of 42.96 kilotons of TNT (You can check this out with the E-Mc^2 equation). The Sun produces 3.8 x 10^26 Joules per second. This is equivalent to 38,000,000,000,000 terajoules/second. So you'd need 232,710 tons of antimatter to equal one seconds worth of energy from the Sun.

edit on 11/9/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

Where do I send my $19.95 with such limited time
edit on 57930America/ChicagoFri, 11 Sep 2015 20:57:21 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If they manage to pull every particle apart and get right down to 'glue' level, its going to be so much fun watching the anti-matter spread like wild fire and burn every combustible object on this planet.

Do some research on what existed before the big-bang. Anti-matter / matter, 50/50 followed by a big booooooom.

This is why Steve Hawking said it will be the end of all matter (current universe) if the anti-matter gets out of control.

Why would Hawking say anything like that? Does he not know what antimatter is and that supersymmetry is 'broken' in the observable universe?

I htink that was HAWKVARD for Steven. HE is so out of his mind today trying to stay relevant its funny.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I think that was HAWKVARD for Steven. HE is so out of his mind today trying to stay relevant its funny.

Cut him some slack though, he's, you know...

... and he's seriously clever.

I was being sarcastic because I know he'd never say anything like that.

Also, his public image has a life of its own, fed by the MSM which want fluff pieces of "gee whiz" science for their readership, to keep their attention long enough for them to be thoroughly advertised at.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I think that was HAWKVARD for Steven. HE is so out of his mind today trying to stay relevant its funny.

Cut him some slack though, he's, you know...

... and he's seriously clever.

I was being sarcastic because I know he'd never say anything like that.

Also, his public image has a life of its own, fed by the MSM which want fluff pieces of "gee whiz" science for their readership, to keep their attention long enough for them to be thoroughly advertised at.

Yeah. i was just refrencing EPic rap battles of history Hawkings vs Einstein. I suggest you see it sometime. Still the black hole theory was one of his greatest and it fell flat after more study.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

supersymetry isn't broken degression is fixed it was all part of natural progression. Breaking # is how I fix it.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

What you just said made no sense. What is the GLUE level? Why would that create a runaway amoutn of antimatter?
how much does all of it weigh?

This Youtube video from a (probable) CERN whistleblower explains what the 'glue' is or the Higgs Field.

CERN wants to look at all particles at the initial state. The glue is what came into existence that forms gravity and pulls strings and quarks together to eventually form galaxies.

Now CERN might create anti-matter (by accident ?) and if they do, everything will burn.

Take a nuclear warhead of matter (Uranium). It requires huge amounts of explosive to get the uranium to react.

There is no single "glue" level force, there are four or more forces (we have hints that there are more than the four because of the work at the LHC).

Of course the LHC will create antimatter. We have been doing it for decades in all sorts of experiments. The thing is, the amounts are minuscule and usually react with normal matter and disappear almost immediately (and almost indetectably).

You don't need ANY explosive to trigger a nuclear explosion, just sufficient mass (called the supercritical mass) of the primary 'fuel'. Natural radioactive decay will trigger a cascade of neutrons leading to the release of the forces holding together all the atoms. If the mass is great enough, the energy released will be an a-bomb. We use explosives in our atomic bombs to assemble the mass quickly and do so 'on demand', rather than waiting for when nature feels like it.

Similarly, we only need to provide normal matter to annihilate with antimatter and release energy. If we can prevent matter and antimatter interacting, then no energy will be released. Containment is a problem and requires energy. Currently, the best way to contain antimatter is a 'bubble' of magnetic and electric fields, a thing called a Penning Trap. The difficulty is getting the antimatter to happen close enough to the trap, for it to be contained.

1 gram of antimatter, annihilating with 1 gram of matter; produces 180 terajoules, the equivalent of 42.96 kilotons of TNT (You can check this out with the E-Mc^2 equation). The Sun produces 3.8 x 10^26 Joules per second. This is equivalent to 38,000,000,000,000 terajoules/second. So you'd need 232,710 tons of antimatter to equal one seconds worth of energy from the Sun.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godthief

supersymetry isn't broken degression is fixed it was all part of natural progression. Breaking # is how I fix it.

The fact that there is more matter than anti-matter observable in the universe indicates that there is an asymmetry; i.e: they are not in equal balance. Hence, physicists refer to this as "broken" supersymmetry.

Supersymmetry proposes that anti-matter and matter should be produced (in the Big Bang, from raw energy) in equal quantities, and somehow, the balance between them is now 'off'.

edit on 18/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The fact that there is more matter than anti-matter observable in the universe indicates that there is an asymmetry; i.e: they are not in equal balance. Hence, physicists refer to this as "broken" supersymmetry.

Supersymmetry proposes that anti-matter and matter should be produced (in the Big Bang, from raw energy) in equal quantities, and somehow, the balance between them is now 'off'.

I read the AMAZING book (the particle at the end of the universe) and this fact blew me away. Mostly because it never crossed my mind that there must be an asymmetry. But of course, there must. The book tried to explain one possible reason in its section on quantum field theory but im afraid that if i thought i had understood anything, it was very fleeting.

Very complex but mind blowingly fascinating stuff. In fact, i couldnt sleep for a few nights after reading the book in bed...my mind was racing too much.

Every single person working at CERN has my admiration.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Would You be so kind and elaborate (preferably with some links) on the hint about new forces based on LHC experiments ? From what I gathered the only hints at new stuff was the Higgs boson and now recently, a new heavier cousin of it (at least that was my interpretation) ..

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Where do I send my $19.95 with such limited time

Do we get a free set of Ginsu knives?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thill

Would You be so kind and elaborate (preferably with some links) on the hint about new forces based on LHC experiments ? From what I gathered the only hints at new stuff was the Higgs Boson and now recently, a new heavier cousin of it (at least that was my interpretation) ..

Yes, I was perhaps being a bit preemptive in my enthusiasm. Your understanding sounds fairly right to me. It is my own personal opinion that we will find new fundamental forces based upon the discoveries of new Bosons.

I was, in the previous posts, referring to the two new Bosons (Higgs & the one @ 750 GeV), but also referring to the theoretical Supersymetric Sparticle cousins (Neutralino, Chargino, Wino, Zino, Higgsino, Photino, & Gluino) of the confirmed Bosons (the Photon, the W & Z Bosons, the Gluon and the Higgs).

The Minimal Supersymetric Standard Model (MSSM) also predicts multiple Bosons for many of the listed ones (for instance, it suggests: several Higgs Bosons, four Charginos, eight Gluons and eight Gluinos).

Other theories predict even more Bosons: (Dilaton, Dilatino, Branon, Diphoton, Axion, Axino, Saxino, Radion, Gravivector, X and Y Bosons, Z' & W' Bosons, Tachyon, Tardion, Bradyon, Luxon, Genon, Genino, Magnetic Photons, Golstone Boson, Goldstino, Majoron & Chameleon)

So the field of hypothetical particles to search for and 'pin down' is quite wide.

This new (unconfirmed) particle at 750 GeV could potentially be a Graviton (obviously suggesting a SUSY paired Gravitino/s), or it could be a carrier of a new and previously unknown fundamental force, or according to the Minimal Supersymmetric Standard Model it could be another Higgs Boson (of which there could be several).

So, as you can see, there are likely many particles that we have yet to confirm. Along the way we may discover new ones that don't fit any of our models and therefore hint at undiscovered fundamental forces (and that may relate to dark energy and dark matter, which would explain why we may not have observed them).

I have found a very good blog about these particle physics discoveries: Résonaances - from France, but in English.

edit on 19/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The picture in that video looks like the inside of the collider tube. Maybe the sensor area where they are concentrating on the actual collisions. The guy narrating the vid actually says that these scientists are worshipping satan, so ...... He obviously doesn't know anything about what these technicians do or what these experiments are for. He's just a supersticious uneducated guy who went out and got a youtube channel so he could share his imagination stories with the world. This might as well be creepy pasta. At least it has sound effects sometimes.

You have to promise me that if we are not dead after they turn it on again, that you will start studying particle physics. Promise me!!
I already found the particle. But I'll definitely check more into it, I'm very interested into it.message me any info.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Would You be so kind and elaborate (preferably with some links) on the hint about new forces based on LHC experiments ? From what I gathered the only hints at new stuff was the Higgs Boson and now recently, a new heavier cousin of it (at least that was my interpretation) ..

Yes, I was perhaps being a bit preemptive in my enthusiasm. Your understanding sounds fairly right to me. It is my own personal opinion that we will find new fundamental forces based upon the discoveries of new Bosons.

I was, in the previous posts, referring to the two new Bosons (Higgs & the one @ 750 GeV), but also referring to the theoretical Supersymetric Sparticle cousins (Neutralino, Chargino, Wino, Zino, Higgsino, Photino, & Gluino) of the confirmed Bosons (the Photon, the W & Z Bosons, the Gluon and the Higgs).

The Minimal Supersymetric Standard Model (MSSM) also predicts multiple Bosons for many of the listed ones (for instance, it suggests: several Higgs Bosons, four Charginos, eight Gluons and eight Gluinos).

Other theories predict even more Bosons: (Dilaton, Dilatino, Branon, Diphoton, Axion, Axino, Saxino, Radion, Gravivector, X and Y Bosons, Z' & W' Bosons, Tachyon, Tardion, Bradyon, Luxon, Genon, Genino, Magnetic Photons, Golstone Boson, Goldstino, Majoron & Chameleon)

So the field of hypothetical particles to search for and 'pin down' is quite wide.

This new (unconfirmed) particle at 750 GeV could potentially be a Graviton (obviously suggesting a SUSY paired Gravitino/s), or it could be a carrier of a new and previously unknown fundamental force, or according to the Minimal Supersymmetric Standard Model it could be another Higgs Boson (of which there could be several).

So, as you can see, there are likely many particles that we have yet to confirm. Along the way we may discover new ones that don't fit any of our models and therefore hint at undiscovered fundamental forces (and that may relate to dark energy and dark matter, which would explain why we may not have observed them).

I have found a very good blog about these particle physics discoveries: Résonaances - from France, but in English.

we probably all have our own and the realativities that bind them would create separation as well as passage.
New fundamental forces are I believe inevitable at some point if these forces can be defined and measured they are finite. Relativity of fundamental forces other than space time including those being separated would come first. Maybe has.
edit on 31-1-2016 by Godthief because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

we probably all have our own and the realativities that bind them would create separation as well as passage.
New fundamental forces are I believe inevitable at some point if these forces can be defined and measured they are finite. Relativity of fundamental forces other than space time including those being separated would come first. Maybe has.
people used to hallucinate. But I have all that stuff. Maybe. It was dark matter. I don't know what to do with it.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

There is no single "glue" level force, there are four or more forces (we have hints that there aotherre than the four because of the work at the LHC).

anti matter doesn't exist at the particle.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I truly with all my heart, feel these experiments won't end well.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Many modern physicists have dedicated large portions of their lives to proving Einstein wrong. In fact, much of the basis of some of these efforts justify their findings by comparing their conclusions to what they term "objectionable" inevitabilities of Einstein's General Relativity. Even Hawking is not completely immune to this.

In simple terms quantum gravity (per Hawking) must combine (Einstein's) General Relativity and the Uncertainty Principle thereby eliminating the need for a 'singularity', which lead Hawking to lament...

... may be why many religious leaders, were ready to accept the Big Bang, and the singularity theorems.

Source

As Hawking has observed, Einstein's General Relativity would require a breakdown in the laws of Physics as we understand them at the singularity (...and therefore would not be observable in terms we could hope to understand). Even Hawking acknowledges we can not know what existed at, or before, the Big Bang (or if there even was a 'Big Bang' at all).

The point here is this; whether you believe Einstein or all who have 'tried' to prove him wrong, the bottom line is no one knows for sure; it's all just theory. If the folks at CERN LHC, even if by accident, create an environment like that which existed at or before the arguable 'Big Bang' all bets are off in terms of predicting the outcome. This isn't a dark matter 'eats the Earth doom prediction, it is simply a statement that we cannot predict what the outcome will be with ANY degree of accuracy. And, when we're talking about stakes as high as 'how the Universe was created, the creation of space-time and all life' in the context of what Einstein, Planck, Hawking and others have theorized, we may just be playing with proverbial fire...and we may just get burned when we find it.

That is all.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: maybee
I truly with all my heart, feel these experiments won't end well.

Well its a good thing scientists dont operate like that or we would still be living in the dark ages.

Do you honestly believe that they built a multi billion dollar machine over 10 years, employed tens of thousands of people JUST to see what would happen why they switch it on? Do you honestly believe they have no idea what they are doing? Do you think science works like that?

I get it, its big and scary...but this INCREDIBLE machine doesnt have enough power to remotely do any damage whatsoever to anything (other than the liquid He suddenly quenching and causing a small localised explosion...as happened)

Every human being on earth should be immensely proud of this machine and what humans what achieved. This is one of our shining moments. Until ITER is up and running, this is by far the most complex machine every created and its a testament to man. Nothing more .

I mean, for f*cks sake, it achieved its primary goal almost immediately. Thats almost unheard of. And would never have happened if the scientists who built it were just taking a wild stab in the dark.

Fortunately, science and the universe dont care what one feels "in their heart"...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join