It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Poll: Trump Wins, Gets 30% of Hispanic Vote, 25% Blacks – I’m Serious

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Peacetime

It's important to remember that there are other elements to POTUS, not just a domestic policy planner but Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, a figure of International stature and responsibility who uses power wisely, etc.

I don't feel good about Trump having that much power as he's too volitile, and the shoot from the hip style won't play well Internationally at all. He approaches things, from what I can see, like a pugelist, ready to fight and full of swagger and ego.

I also can't see any of the folks on the GOP
Side holding the title of Commander in Chief.

I don't know who out of the total current crop of 2016 candidates could do the best job of the TOTAL list of responsibilities of President. Sigh.

AB

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen I am a Vet and Latino, Trump has my vote! I heard Trumps speech about Mexico and It's meaning got twisted. Jorge Ramos witch hunt helped Trump, we are all immigrants. Most of the spanish people I know are behind Trump, I guess the illegals aren't happy but they can't vote.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I don't feel good about Trump having that much power as he's too volitile, and the shoot from the hip style won't play well Internationally at all. He approaches things, from what I can see, like a pugelist, ready to fight and full of swagger and ego.

AB

You're basically describing Theodore Roosevelt... arguably the greatest U.S. President.

The "aim to please everyone and handle everything as diplomatically as possible" mindset is a relatively recent phenomenon and it's a style that accomplishes very little beyond "not rocking the boat." I'd say it's pretty damn obvious that our boat could use a whole heap of rocking.
edit on 9/7/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: whyamIhere
Nice list but none of that is effected all that much by who is president.

"No more spinning the truth"...Thats human nature whoever is in charge would not matter or be able to do anything about that, no more then they would be able to move the sun in the sky.

"No more of the media making up lies"...Thats what the media is for, after all who cuts there checks? Are you saying they should not do there job and opt for being fired? Little white lies to big lies, to straigh up bull#, its all the playpen of the human condition.

"Time to build a big beautiful wall"...OK whatever, just dont be surprised when it will cost billions and it still will not stop illegals or anything else from getting in. And likely the only thing it will do is make the loopholes and those providing the loopholes more richer.

"I worked hard to get where I am"....You and everybody else, including Trump. Or at least its all just depending on your definition of "hard" For instance trump when he was banckrupt. Well after his court date he went outside, got into his limo, had his driver take him to his multi-million pent apartment, had some lunch, after which being broke and all that he got bored and went to one of his acreage mansions to chill out. Then when he was feeling much better he opted to go to play some golf, you know in that club which has a monthly fee of $ 10,000 a month to be a member, and likely checked how many more millions his golf courses made that year. And then he likely called his secretary and told her to cancel brunch.

So ya "hard' like being "bankrupt" or "broke" means different things to different people. For instance how likely would it be that if you were bankrupt, and broke, that you will be out on the streets eating out of soup kitchens in a few weeks?

"I'm tired of supporting lazy drug addicted men"....I am pretty sure that most lazy drug addicts end up dead in a ditch somewhere. Besides a lot of addicts are very productive, and seing its a multi billion dollar business, well it takes all kinds from all walks of life, I have seen the poor downtrodden addicts but I have also seen as much if not more who were ordinary and many who were doing really really well for themselves.

In fact you may even say that everyday there scouring around searching and thinking of ways on keeping them pills or drugs coming. In fact the mind of the addict is the mindset of our society, ya know the rat race. Besides its not the addiction which kills addicts, its the fact they cant afford there drug of choice. In other words poverty kill addicts not the drugs there on.

I'm tired illegals having kids for our Government benefit....Well then you should be aware that a great many in your government benefit in one way or another from with one program or another from it all. Its kind of like the whole health insurance thing which took off a few years ago, when you create a symptom you thereby create a way to make money off that symptom.

As for health insurance or the whole Obama care thing. Well they did give him money for his sponsoring in that campaign run. And seeing it only covers small stuff which you can likely pay yourself and and anything major you will be paying out the wazoo or become indentured. What do people have to pay now? A few hundred per month? Well even if it were so, lets say they pay $200 dollar per year. Whats 200$ times 318 million? ie the amount of people in the US who will now have to pay that? Somewere in the the multibillions right? and I think they pay monthely for it, and now you have to pay even when you dont pay into it, for what looks like a shoddy product, even Canada is selling a better product when it comes to social health.

And even splinting all that, and taking into account other factors such as policies, and workers, and expenses, and even expenses on law issues ie suing. Thats till a whole lot of cash flood going somewhere right?

I mean math is not my favorite language but I am sure you can figure it out, that the way things are is because well lots op people want them to be that way. And if Trump could have got in on the ground floor last election on the whole health marketing thing, you best believe he would have.

And yet the funny thing is. Trump may still have the best plan out there our of any of these other guys running for office. But then again, I dont watch these shows often enough to know whos who or whats what. But really it would be interesting if he became president, not to really change anything, as there is nothing to change which people have not opted for to begin with. But just to see what happens, when Trump becomes president.

I like reading your posts.

One problem.....Gone with the Wind takes less time to read.

Do you think you could make your point in one hundred words or less ?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This poll is more a measure of unfavorability. Hillary has higher unfavorables than Trump right now due to the email story.

Besides its going to be Sanders versus Trump and he's going to OWN Trump in the debates.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Moors

no one owns trump
trump is too rich to be bought remember
trump is too HUGE for any one person to own let alone frail old man like bernie sanders whos too much of a coward to challenge him to a fist fight

bernie sanders isnt even "successful" in business like trump
how can you expect him to run a country when he cant even run a business?
besides hes not even going to build a wall and make mexico pay for it
makes him a traitor in my book

and the hair!
everyone always complains about trumps hair but at least hes got some!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
People are feed up...and illegals are just an easy scapecoat for Americas real failures....but I am 100% against open borders and there are many many bad illegal immigrants that need to go and not come back

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
How many bums did he pay to vote, I mean attend... it was one of them, right?

If this clown actually wins... just wow.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes I could. In fact thats just what I was thinking you know what they say the average American attention span is about as long as your...Well you know the saying, fill in blank.

Here it goes to sum it all up. Vote for trump, as good as any, better then some.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I am conflicted about Trump. At first What he was saying sounded good. But then his plan is building a wall.

A friggin wall ... Seriously ?

As if illegals wont dig a tunnel under it or bring a ladder. The only way to stop illegal immigration is reform. Write laws that make it a crime to hire illegal aliens. To hell with fining big cororations because its peanuts to them it does not work as we have seen. And cut off all aid such as food stamps and health care.

Trump has to know this ?

And say he creates reform. Who is going to enforce it ? Heck nobody enforces the immigration laws we have now.

Another problem I have with Trump is he is pro Isreal and wants to beef up our police even more as if they are not a para military as it is. Just sounds like more statism wrapped in a pretty bow. But id rather see a ham sandwitch become potus than Jeb Bush. So be it.
edit on 7-9-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

Yes I could. In fact thats just what I was thinking you know what they say the average American attention span is about as long as your...Well you know the saying, fill in blank.

Here it goes to sum it all up. Vote for trump, as good as any, better then some.

No disrespect I have a short attention span.

What was I saying......Trump 2016

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting note on the poll

Cell-phone and home-phone respondents are included in this survey. SurveyUSA interviewed 1,000 USA adults 09/02/15 and 09/03/15. Of the adults, 900 were registered to vote. Of the registered voters, 58% (522) pay "a lot" of attention to politics. This survey was conducted using blended sample, mixed-mode. Respondents reachable on a home telephone (62% of registered voters) were interviewed on their home (landline) telephone in the recorded voice of a professional announcer. Respondents not reachable on a home telephone (38% of registered voters) were shown a question on their smartphone, tablet or other electronic device.

Cell respondents, as is typically the case, vote more Democratic than do landline respondents. Among just the universe of cell-phone respondents, Clinton defeats Trump by 16 points; Sanders defeats Trump by 12 points; Biden defeats Trump by 17 points; and Gore defeats Trump by 17 points. The more cell-phone respondents a pollster includes in its "mix" of voters, the more Democratic the poll results will be.

Not sure if they got the land-line vs. cell phone mix correct for accurate polling?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

AB

You're basically describing Theodore Roosevelt... arguably the greatest U.S. President.

The "aim to please everyone and handle everything as diplomatically as possible" mindset is a relatively recent phenomenon and it's a style that accomplishes very little beyond "not rocking the boat." I'd say it's pretty damn obvious that our boat could use a whole heap of rocking.

No offense please...But never compare rump to Teddy Roosevelt...for effs sake. The man rocked..he was a Cowboy, A soldier, A conservationist and spoke German, French, Latin and Greek. He was one of the most well-read men in history. He would read a book before breakfast every day, and depending on his schedule, another two or three in the evening (he was a speed reader). He was shot in the chest giving a campaign speech in Milwaukee...And kept going and finished the effen speech!

Trump is a terd with a mop on his head...Just don't do it...they are in different universes. Please never compare them.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

AB

No offense please...But never compare rump to Teddy Roosevelt...for effs sake. The man rocked..he was a Cowboy, A soldier, A conservationist and spoke German, French, Latin and Greek. He was one of the most well-read men in history. He would read a book before breakfast every day, and depending on his schedule, another two or three in the evening (he was a speed reader). He was shot in the chest giving a campaign speech in Milwaukee...And kept going and finished the effen speech!

Trump is a terd with a mop on his head...Just don't do it...they are in different universes. Please never compare them.

Why don't you read the text I quoted and try that post again.

I know plenty about Teddy and the similarities between his and Trump's political stances are striking. I've noticed that a lot of the people that are anti-Trump can't seem to give me reasons aside from his silliness on TV and his hair.

Trump has certainly created more jobs than any other candidate and he is practically immune to bribery from folks like the Koch brothers who literally own whichever politician they choose. I'm frankly tired of knowing that every person running the country is a puppet controlled by the highest bidder.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Hispanic people don't like illegal immigrants either. Legal immigrants, especially, tend to have a stronger dislike for illegals than folks who were born here.

There are a lot of ignorant people out there who tend to lump all Hispanics in with illegals and I'm sure they're sick of it.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2015 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What's funny about this thread, is how many people think one man can really change this country. News flash: congress has the final word. Maybe that's what should really be thought about here. Trump is just another face to put blame on. Not that I dislike him, I'm just not sure I really like him either
edit on 8-9-2015 by LongishLongo because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
The poll surveyed 1,000 adults across the nation Sept. 2-3, and it had a margin of error of 3.3 percent.

In other words it means that their poll is shiite, it is flawed and they openly admit it as below.

"t could be people are looking for a strong leader and are willing to put up with a lot of shortcomings if need be.
It doesn’t take astute political intelligence to figure out that people are on to Washington and they’ve had enough"

You clearly have no understanding of polling at this point in an election. This is a decent poll.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LongishLongo
What's funny about this thread, is how many people think one man can really change this country. News flash: congress has the final word.

As it should be... checks and balances.

I agree with you, we need to flush all of Congress and start over with new candidates, term limits, and strict laws in place to eliminate bribery in the form of campaign contributions. "Career Politicians" have ruined our country.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I had never heard of SurveyUSA before; so I looked them up. Wikipedia had this to say about them:
SurveyUSA

The difference between SurveyUSA and other telephone polling firms is twofold. First, SurveyUSA does not use live call center employees, but an automated system. Taped questions are asked of the respondent by a professional announcer (usually a local news anchor), and the respondent is invited to press a button on their touch tone telephone or record a message at a prompt designating their selection. Secondly, SurveyUSA uses more concise language, especially for ballot propositions, than competitors. This can lead to diverging results, such as for California Proposition 76, where one version of the SurveyUSA question with a one sentence description, polled significantly differently compared to another version with a three sentence description (which was similar to a version of the question used by other pollsters, which used a five or six sentence question).[1]

So you may want to take that into account here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join