It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

It was victimisation from the clerk because she denied them a licence to wed.
I noticed how you dodged the fact that if I denied your human rights you would be a victim.
Was harm done to couples? Yes they are victims.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yes. Your opinion, my opinion; we both have them.

Yes. I know what website we're posting on. ATS, where even in the political forums, quality content is encouraged.

The sole content of your posts, however is that in your opinion Kim Davis shouldn't be in jail.

Okay. You don't think she should be in jail. She is, for the same reason that any of us would be in jail if we ignored a court order. There is no comment on freedom, religious rights, etc.

She didn't do her job; she was court-ordered to do her job; she refused; she's in jail for contempt until she does.

Your opinion, my opinion, have nothing to do with it.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Feet hurt?? Sorry that is one area you will not get much sympathy from me. I need to have surgery on both feet as I suffer from Ledderhose's disease, also known as plantar fibromatosis and yet I still work over 40 hours a week- all time spent on my feet. If I can do that to make ends meet, I think I can manage to deal with it for the "love of my life" and the person I want to marry.

oh, at least you manage to get a diagnosis... I tried but well, the medical bills that I ended up with kind of ate up most of my earnings and well to be honest, we ended up having a better lifestyle without me working, ya know, where I wasn't limping home every day after that 40+ hours of working on a concrete floors to the expectation of having to cook the food for a family of five, clean the house, help the kids with their homework, ect. and well, I had an problem of occassionally falling down, feet that would just droop when I was trying to walk instead of lifting up enough so that I was landing on my heals instead of the top of my toes.

25 miles?? That's it?? People in this Country drive farther than that to go to the mall and buy crap they don't need with money they don't have.

again, you are assuming things about people... lol...I recently stopped at a mall, just to see what was left in it, first time I had been in it since one of my sons worked there and I had to pick him up at work. This time, I just didn't want to drive home and instead just wanted to kill some time till my son was done with his classes and save on the gas (there blows your idea that we all have all this money to blow on crap also! personally, I buy all my crap at the second hand store, it's smaller than the mall and things are much cheaper. and well, haven't been there in over six months either!) But well, I did manage to walk through the mall, even stopped in one of the stores to browse (actually a package was mistakenly sent to me full of crap and I was having trouble getting them to take the crap back. I was debating on asking the store if they would take if off my hands.) but well, to make a long story short.... Just walking through the mall and that one store...I was laid up for two days....

you assume too much...

but I have to say that if I was a kentucky resident, I wouldn't be voting for that governor again, and probably not any of the legislators that were representing me, not unless they were vocally calling on the governor to call them back because of this.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal

Putting this women in jail does NOTHING to solve the problem.

Yes it does actually.... it sends out a message to anyone who thinks they can flout or corrupt the law to their own ignorant and bigoted viewpoint. It says NO this will not be tolerated.

I think it achieves way more than you give it credit for.

She had choices... she CHOSE jail.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
DP

edit on 5/9/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I hope a Muslim tries to stop giving out driver's licenses to women just to prove a point to all the bigots out there.

Driving is a privilege not a right.

A Muslim's religion IS a right.

I wonder how many would change their tune?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I feel sympathy for all parties involved especially the lady in jail. There is no mistake that she is definitely wrong, but I am pretty sure she doesn't think that.

Why would I feel bad for her? Well, either she lacks the education to understand where her rights begin and end or she has been egged on and brainwashed to the extreme by her religion to think she is in the right. From what I have read and seen of and about her on videos and articles she seems like she is probably a pretty good person that probably doesn't deserve all the slanderous hateful cartoons that have made about her.

She is definitely being egged on by the religious types there. Telling her to hold firm and whatnot. She is being used by those of her own faith.

There is no real mystery on how this will end either. She will either resign, comply (which I doubt), or when the state legislature is back in session they will remove her from office through impeachment or whatever process. She seems to really think that the first amendment affords her the right to deny others of their rights. On that I pity her because it tells me she is missing the necessary IQ points to understand her situation. Couple that with religious brainwashing and she has just ruined her 27 year career.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Yes, but a SCOTUS ruling does not change the law. They only interpret constitutionality.

It changes the law via invalidation. I gave you the link.

She is in jail for civil contempt, not for breaking a law.

You do realize the portion of the Kentucky law Saint Kimberly the Incarcerated wants changed is that county clerks will not issue marriage licenses and that another official will handle the obligation.

She is in jail for violating the Supreme Courts decision which invalidated the laws violating other citizen's 14th Amendment rights.

edit on 5-9-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why would I feel bad for her? Well, either she lacks the education to understand where her rights begin and end or she has been egged on and brainwashed to the extreme by her religion to think she is in the right.

But she has to have the relevant qualifications for this job right?
And as a fairly new convert to religion I'd say she knows a huge amount about her job and procedures and regulations etc.
Lack of knowledge or lack of education is a very poor excuse or reason for this woman's actions.
She is a hateful bigoted person, pure and simple.

edit on 5/9/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I may have been wrong in my interpretation.

My apologies.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I find that it is sad and somewhat amazing that so many people do not understand how state and federal government works especially pertaining to laws.

That accounts for 95% of the disagreements here. Ignorance of the law. Ignorance of the Constitution. Ignorance of how the federal and state laws work together... The other 5% is just hateful, stubborn, righteous opinion.

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Most people only get half a year of classes on US government in school.

I didn't attend high school, so I got ZERO education in government or civics. Everything I know is from self-study. If people wanted to KNOW, instead of wanting to argue, this discussion would have ended within 3 pages.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
You people think it's a game?! Wait until all of the demons are released! Homosexuality has ALWAYS led to destruction.

PRIDE comes before the fall!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I may have been wrong in my interpretation.

My apologies.

No worries.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Excellent news, hopefully other take note of this conviction.

You just can't be in a postition of responsibility
Ile this and try to put your personal religion first. She should have been responsible and intelligent and left her job and pursued a career that wouldn't be affected by her beliefs.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
You people think it's a game?! Wait until all of the demons are released! Homosexuality has ALWAYS led to destruction.

So really hot girl on girl action leads to destruction? How did you come up with this idea?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

So really hot girl on girl action leads to destruction? How did you come up with this idea?

Considering the "demon" comment, I'd say the Bible.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Why would I feel bad for her? Well, either she lacks the education to understand where her rights begin and end or she has been egged on and brainwashed to the extreme by her religion to think she is in the right.

But she has to have the relevant qualifications for this job right?
And as a fairly new convert to religion I'd say she knows a huge amount about her job and procedures and regulations etc.
Lack of knowledge or lack of education is a very poor excuse or reason for this woman's actions.
She is a hateful bigoted person, pure and simple.

I never excused her from doing the wrong thing and I will not be presumptuous and claim what she does or doesn't know. She has said that she is standing on her first amendment rights which she is wrong because they do not apply. I don't think it is a matter of education, I think it is a matter of understanding. I don't think she understands why she is wrong which is sad.

As far as the hateful and bigoted remarks from where I stand there is plenty of that going around from all sides. Calling someone a hateful bigot doesn't help anything.

I do not think that is really the case here anyway. Like so many others here in this thread she doesn't seem to understand the laws or how they work between federal and state or how amendment rights work.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Who's going to release demons again? Homosexuals have been around for quite some time; arguably, homosexual couples are shown in cave paintings ... so 20-15K years, give or take.

The world is still here.

Tell me, regarding the pride thing ... did you feel pride when you were informing all of us ignorant sinners about the demon apocalypse? Do you feel pride when you imagine all of us being torn limb-from-limb so that your idealized religious paradise can be established?

I'm just curious as to the extent of your own involvement in this "pride" issue.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Oh this is sweet, show me how any of those amendments are federal powers - please do so I am so ready for that.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Do you see the bolded part? Do you understand it?

This amendment states that powers not delegated by the Constitution AND those that are NOT prohibited by the Constitution fall to the states. Let that sink in... If the Constitution does not prohibit certain state powers, then they fall to the states.

But the Constitution DOES prohibit states making laws that don't apply to ALL citizens of the state! Specifically, the 14th amendment says a state cannot make laws unless they protect ALL citizens of that state.

Once again, the powers that are not delegated by the constitution (constitutional powers), AND the powers that are not prohibited by the Constitution, fall to the states.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I imagine that a lot of disputes such as this could be solved if there was a educational program that covered constitutional rights and how they pertain that judges could send people to instead of having them sit in jail.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join