It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Kentucky's Rowan County Clerk has been found in contempt of court and is in jail.

Judge orders defiant Kentucky clerk to jail after she refuses to issue marriage licenses.

Source

We'll have to wait to see what the next step in this drama is... There are provisions for people in the County Clerk's office to issue licenses in her absence, so hopefully, they will start doing that today.

I read that the judge thinks fines are not appropriate, because people would likely contribute to pay them for her.

Additional Source
edit on 9/3/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Guess we get to see how strong her convictions truly are.

I give them about one week, tops.

+41 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

She's done nothing except become another martyr for the persecution-complex of the Christian Right. Hopefully they will put someone in the position that will actually do their job.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Kentucky's Rowan County Clerk has been found in contempt of court and is in jail.

Judge orders defiant Kentucky clerk to jail after she refuses to issue marriage licenses.

Source

We'll have to wait to see what the next step in this drama is... There are provisions for people in the County Clerk's office to issue licenses in her absence, so hopefully, they will start doing that today.

I read that the judge thinks fines are not appropriate, because people would likely contribute to pay them for her.
I was wondering why someone didn't take this route to take care of the problem.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Source

Good, we don't have room for crazies to punish others because of her beliefs.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Awesome! It's about time.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Source

Additional Source

Ha...I like this judge. He is likely correct. The fines would be paid for by others that believed in her.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

They did. It just takes time for all the appeals to go through, etc. The justice system worked, it just took time, as these things do.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
YES the judge wasn't born yesterday

Silly woman, waste of everyones time and money.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
And her track record of marriage isn't all that great.

About time this happened, now people can go about living their lives how they want.

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Outstanding! The country needs to start pushing back against these religulous nutters attempting to implement their desire for theocracy.

Glad she was given jail time for exactly the same reason the judge cited.

"Our system of justice requires citizens - and significantly, elected officials - to follow the rules of the courts," Judge Bunning says.

www.wcpo.com...

K~
edit on 3-9-2015 by aethertek because: Quote

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

They did. It just takes time for all the appeals to go through, etc. The justice system worked, it just took time, as these things do.

Yay.
I say fine the heck out of her hypocritical ASS also... after everything is said and done. Even if it is other people's money coming in... if they support her.... TAKE THEIR MONEY TOO!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
10 bucks says she has some LGBT sex while she is in the "slammer".

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If she wants to play the martyr, let her. She'll spend time in jail, and in due course she'll eventually be removed from office. Whether that's through forced removal, resignation or electing someone willing to do the job.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Whether she wants it or not!

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The only reason this idiot is doing this is because she has been divorced 3 times and could not stand for other people to be happy, probably. I hope she does a hunger strike next in protest, she could stand to lose some weight, unfortunately, the only way for her to really lose weight would be to get the rocks out of her head, that would require a more drastic measure.

+42 more 
link   
Being a Christian myself, this woman has done nothing but mock and shame the Christian faith. Under Kentucky state law, she is required to take not one, but two oaths, one in front of a district judge. She has defied both of those oaths, and is a disgrace to the office she holds.

When one is elected to an office and violates the duties required, that person is showing contempt and disregard for ALL the people who elected her, and those she must serve. I get so angry when these people abuse religion, and force their beliefs on others. Whatever happens to her is not persecution of Christians, but her due by not performing the duties and the constitution she swore to uphold.

+18 more 
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Whether she wants it or not!

That's the right attitude. People accuse her of being a hateful bigot, then hope she gets raped in prison.

Yeah...

edit on 9/3/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So I guess the next questions are:

Will she continue to receive her $80,000/year salary while she serves time in jail ?

and

Now that she is doing jail time, does that automatically disqualify her from being a County Clerk (the criminal record thing) ?

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
She swore on a bible to uphold the Constitution; not the other way around. I am beyond pleased that the judge saw things the same way!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join