It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well, assuming the ridiculous, let's say that the entire 41,860,000 folks who are non-religious in the US decided to come after the 267,260,000 Christians ...

No, I can't make myself type it ... it's too ridiculous.

The President, The Congress, The Supreme Court ... are all OVERWHELMINGLY Christian, as are the Armed Forces, Local Law Enforcement, etc. etc.

No one is coming for the Christians. Can we please leave off with the ludicrous fear-mongering.

Most Americans are Christians

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Linked pages ago.

But, awesome.

ETA: For any who continue to try the "but the Constitution doesn't cover marriage" meme ...

(1) The fundamental liberties protected by the Fourteenth
Amendment’s Due Process Clause extend to certain personal choices
central to individual dignity and autonomy, including intimate choices
defining personal identity and beliefs. See, e.g., Eisenstadt v.
Baird, 405 U. S. 438, 453; Griswold v. Connecticut, 381 U. S. 479,
484–486. Courts must exercise reasoned judgment in identifying interests
of the person so fundamental that the State must accord them
its respect. History and tradition guide and discipline the inquiry
but do not set its outer boundaries. When new insight reveals discord
between the Constitution’s central protections and a received legal
stricture, a claim to liberty must be addressed.

Applying these tenets, the Court has long held the right to marry is
protected by the Constitution. For example, Loving v. Virginia, 388
U. S. 1, 12, invalidated bans on interracial unions, and Turner v.
Safley, 482 U. S. 78, 95, held that prisoners could not be denied the
right to marry. To be sure, these cases presumed a relationship involving
opposite-sex partners, as did Baker v. Nelson, 409 U. S. 810, a
one-line summary decision issued in 1972, holding that the exclusion
of same-sex couples from marriage did not present a substantial federal
question. But other, more instructive precedents have expressed
broader principles. See, e.g., Lawrence, supra, at 574. In assessing
whether the force and rationale of its cases apply to same-sex couples,
the Court must respect the basic reasons why the right to marry
has been long protected. See, e.g., Eisenstadt, supra, at 453–454.
This analysis compels the conclusion that same-sex couples may exercise
the right to marry. Pp. 10–12.

From Obergefell
edit on 11Sat, 05 Sep 2015 11:12:17 -050015p112015966 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Even though Westboro Baptish Church also called her a moron who needs to obey the Laws of the Land...
That's been the highlight of my week when I read that on their Twitter page.

Seriously? LOLOL

That just made my day

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I keep hearing that her religious beliefs are being denied.

Her beliefs are not Christian.

The Bible tells us not to be divorced.
Kim has been, twice.

The Bible tells us to "obey the magistrates."
Kim has refused to acknowledge the Supreme Court, as well as a Judge and the Governor of her state.

The Bible tells us to be faithful to the oaths we make.
Kim is not issuing marriage licences to American citizens, residents of Rowan County, KY, who meet all legal requirements.

The Bible tells us not to cause others to sin.
Kim has directed her staff to DISOBEY the magistrates, the Governor, and the Constitution of the United States.

Kim Davis has blatantly disobeyed the commandments and/or directives of the Bible.

Continuing to disobey the American and Kentucky law by not issuing marriage licenses in Rowan County is Kim's PERSONAL belief.

The Constitution does not shield PERSONAL beliefs masquerading as religion./b]

You're offering reasons why you believe Kim is wrong. But who did Kim HURT to land in jail? If you don't hurt hurt someone, you don't belong in jail. While offering to marry someone is helping them, not offering to marry them isn't hurting them, and someone else can marry them if she won't. Kim isn't hurting anyone than anyone here isn't guilty of trying to starve children in Africa given that they have not given them any food today. Only dangerous people belong in jail. I is Kim dangerous?

As an employer I have the right to send my employee to jail if they steal from me or hurt me, as the the government can too, by pressing charges. But I don't have the right to send my employee to jail if they don't perform their duties. Perhaps you should be sent to jail the next time you don't do your job up to other people's expectations, so you will be punished? Not as a means to protect the rest of society, but just as an act of vengeance. That should make things all better?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

You're offering reasons why you believe Kim is wrong. But who did Kim HURT to land in jail? If you don't hurt hurt someone, you don't belong in jail. While offering to marry someone is helping them, not offering to marry them isn't hurting them, and someone else can marry them if she won't. Kim isn't hurting anyone than anyone here isn't guilty of trying to starve children in Africa given that they have not given them any food today. Only dangerous people belong in jail. I is Kim dangerous?

What part of SHE IGNORED AT DIRECT ORDER FROM THE SUPREME COURT AND WAS HELD IN CONTEMPT are you finding so difficult to understand?

Seriously, this is lunacy now.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

1. To be precise, I offered Biblical proof that Kim is not following the directives/commandments/beliefs of the Christian religion, i.e. she is following her own beliefs, not Christian beliefs.

2. I can't help you with your flawed interpretation of our legal system.

3. Your employee is not an officer of a Court nor an elected official of a County or City. Different rules apply. See #2.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

BEEN COVERED EXTENSIVELY ALREADY.

GO BACK AND READ.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Their vitriol about gay marriage is still disgusting...
& I don't know if it's just because they love to attack anyone they can...
But I did lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You have zero comprehension of the situation. If you actually read half the responses in this thread you will understand the reason she is in jail is because she chose to be. She can leave anytime by leaving her job (resigning), or doing her job. SHE IS CHOOSING TO BE IN JAIL HERSELF to make some bigoted stand.

The reason she isn't fired is cause the legislation is choosing to wait rather than do their job by getting together and booting her. Most of us are saying we'd rather they do that, but they won't, and thus jail is the only solution to getting the job done. Jail once again she can LEAVE at ANY time.

She's an elected official, unlike when you fail to do your job, she can't just be fired, instead unlike you can sit there and say screw you, continue to not do her job, and break the law.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Their vitriol about gay marriage is still disgusting...
& I don't know if it's just because they love to attack anyone they can...
But I did lol.

Oh yeah, I hate everything WBC stands for, and it irks me to no end having them and I agree on something....

Still flaming hilarious though

I'm saving that image for future reference!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I think everyone here will be shocked that they agree with WBC for once.

I sure as hell was, but yes they're a disgrace 99.99% of the time.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: JuJuBee
You people think it's a game?! Wait until all of the demons are released! Homosexuality has ALWAYS led to destruction.

PRIDE comes before the fall!

So really hot girl on girl action leads to destruction? How did you come up with this idea?

You're comment actually made me LOL, [sarc] I was trying to figure out which demons would come to be with all of the negative effects that same sex marriage has had on my life [/sarc]

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I think everyone here will be shocked that they agree with WBC for once.

I sure as hell was, but yes they're a disgrace 99.99% of the time.

When most everyone include the craziest of the crazy of your demographic think you're both nuts and in the wrong... well it should be a sign.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
and here's Kentucky's legislature sitting on their collective asses.....I will say this again....it's not her, it's all the people that are defending her, or staying silent about it. the governing body of Kentucky who is entrusted with the ONLY power to throw her out of her job, agrees with her, because they have not done a damn thing.....this is what you get when you coddle right-wing religious bigots....this is exactly why people came over from England in the first place, to get away from the religious bigotry of the church....Kim Davis to me is a Christian Jihadi Jane.....

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: icewater

I am going to assume that you have not read the entire thread, because all of your arguments have been debunked time and time again, we are 50 pages in at this point.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

oh for crying out........

sodom and gammorah was supposedly destroyed in god's wrath because of homosexuality (although I say it was because lot chose to offer the mob his daughter (or was it maid servent) instead of the angels that came to his door. I mean come on the little maid servant didn't stand a chance with the mob of sex starved me, but the angels, or maybe it was angel, well he had the power to destroy the city, he most certainly had the power to protect himself from the mob!! I think that the cities was destroyed because the people had such a low opinion of those who they deemed as less than them they someone would do such a thing to their daughter, or servant to save an all powerful angel.

god's judgement usually is the result of iniquities.. which is defined as:

immoral or grossly unfair behavior.

catch the last part of that, grossly unfair behavior!! like deciding that half your population should be just treated as inferior property, so much so that you'd send you own daughter out for a mob to rape and plunder!!!
or well, deciding that this group or that group shouldn't have something you have because well, they are different in this way or that.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I certainly addressed that point. Do you mean it was not responded to by supporters of Saint Kimmy the Oppressed?

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. Those who trash the 14th are not responding. I've read the WHOLE thread! Ugh! LOL!

BH, I have asked the questions 2 or 3 times, and no response from anyone that supports Saint Kimmy the Oppressed.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That reminds me of when the KKK were wanting to distance themselves from WBC..lol

This situation is pretty simple..she should resign if the job offends her sensibilities..her new found ones, she can leave her job with them intact, there is a direct order via the SCOTUS..she just needs to get the f@#$k out and have someone in place who will follow the law. If people everywhere all of the sudden decide to be bigots and not serve him or her for whatever stupid personal reasons..soon enough nothing would get done/bought/sold..etc.
She is an ignorant bigot and anyone who thinks she is right is too, I still fail to understand how serving someone you disaggree with in your employment somehow makes you accountable for them????

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

why should the politicians or the activists on either side of this want to do anything but keep this running as long as possible when they can use it to drum up support for their cause???

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

But the County in question *IS* issuing Marriage Licenses.

Keep your eye on the 8-Ball.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join