It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Library of Scientific Evidence for Evolution - Open to All Members

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

edit on 11-9-2015 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

I created a free website for the library. It will have all the information posted here in the library but will be in alphabetical order and not so chopped up.

Please continue to post here contributions here. I will pick up the links and post them here and at the website.

There will be a link at the bottom of all my posts to the website as well.

I haven't finished uploading all the contents of the library to the website yet, but you can breeze through to see how it looks.
If anyone has any suggestions for the website, please post it here. Thanks

ATS LIBRARY WEBSITE LINK: ats-library.wix.com...
edit on 11-9-2015 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

This topic thread is about scientific proofs of evolution. A library of fact. Why are you trying to prove there is no need for God? Do you believe it is pertinent to the topic?

No this Thread is for Both Creationism and Evolution a Discussion for a Reference/Resource Library Actually

Im not trying to prove the is no Need of some kind of God, The Word GOD is is a very touch subject

as some think of the Lines ,

God .. Pagan God , 3 versions of a ( Sumerian )Abraham God,
Lesser God , Deity , Spirit, Entity, Advanced Civilization Level III Type..
or Alien aka Extra Terrestrial .. for this planet Alone ,
or Galaxy or Universe.

Im Agnostic kind of a GUY I question,

Do you believe it is pertinent to the topic

of Course it is ..

Seeking the Unknown Unexplained , and what we have to go by .

we have Lost 90% of Mankind's History , and have to go by on
back 7,000 to 10,000 years of recorded written history,
and look at painting to Petroglyphs from 10,000 to 40,000 years ago
years . as MODERN Man has been on the Planet for 250,000+ years

I tend to think Evolution had a Boost from something throughout time

I do not take Cultured Religion with a grain of Salt.

Well some Scientist think it's possible that we live in a
hologram universe, therefore we live in simulation a
program. and if that's the case , then the programmers
( like Flynn (Tron) created us , and what was before us,
and created a self evolving, self learning
program, a program making a program, to a certain degree

Did human make a synthetic Cell? A Bio Computer,
alternating modifying DNA & cells from what is already
existing and perfected it ? we are doing what the
so called god's claimed to have done .

www.youtube.com...

We are the Gods Now,

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

I created a free website for the library. It will have all the information posted here in the library but will be in alphabetical order and not so chopped up.

Please continue to post here contributions here. I will pick up the links and post them here and at the website.

There will be a link at the bottom of all my posts to the website as well.

I haven't finished uploading all the contents of the library to the website yet, but you can breeze through to see how it looks.
If anyone has any suggestions for the website, please post it here. Thanks

ATS LIBRARY WEBSITE LINK: ats-library.wix.com...

Thanks for doing this

as of now this thread became more of a debate then an Libary Refrence
for links to go by and study.
Hopfully ATS Members will place Legit Scientific or
Truthful Sites on the board. for links..

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Phantom423

Have to make a separate post for videos as citation update post getting too long - thanks to all who are contributing great stuff.

VIDEOS

There was no first human
Contributed by BoyMonkey74

Minds Blown: Scientists Develop Fish That Can Walk on Land
Contributed by Akragon

Evolution in Action

Evolution: It's a Thing – Crash Course Biology #20

How Evolution Works
Contribued by flyingfish

Sea Slugs that Eat the Sun
Contributed by sapien2

Leonard Susskind: Is the Universe Fine Tuned for Life?
Contributed by Phantom423

Bio116 Crash Course Evo Devo
Contributed by flyingfish

Chemical Evolution

Nature's Masterpiece: The Ribosome

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Knowledge and biology evolves but the definition of the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis is fixed.

That statement is absurd and does nothing to advance your argument.

The MES is NOT a sacred document that remains fixed for all time. You are thinking of a different book.

It is a framework that ties together the many lines of study within the Biological Sciences. Knowledge advances, that is what science is about. As new discoveries are made (like DNA or HGT), as new tools are developed (like DNA mapping), they are incorporated into that framework.

I am glad you have gotten past thinking biology ended with Darwin, but it didn't end with the original formulation MES either.
edit on 11/9/2015 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You know, it's not a bad idea to make a bunch of indexes full of reference material in various subjects all across the forums. That site you made would be a perfect...super-index? Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

You know, it's not a bad idea to make a bunch of indexes full of reference material in various subjects all across the forums. That site you made would be a perfect...super-index? Just a thought.

Well, I would like to focus on Evolution - at least on this one. These questions come up all the time - I don't care where you are - it can be on this board - it can be on another board - it can be in your own family.

I don't know where most people are from on this board. I'm in the U.S. Our science education is in the pits. Except for private schools and very few public schools, people are not learning even the fundamentals of science.

I remember (and this is a true story) the first time NOVA (which was WGBH Boston at the time) produced the story of Watson and Crick and the molecule "DNA". The word "deoxyribonucleic acid" was tough to absorb. I wrote it down and repeated it in my head until I knew it. It was fascinating. It was motivating. I didn't turn out to be a molecular biologist, but science was and is my passion. The single idea I try to get across to people is that science is discovery and evidence. That's it. Other than hard work, that's it.

Having someone my own family who is involved in this Creationist fraud was mind boggling. The only logic to it is dependency - dependency for someone to hand you answers that you don't have to think about.

Anyway, long story short, I'm going to make this library into something that can be used not only as reference, but as a place to challenge the anti-science fraud. May take some time, but I will do it.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

CATEGORY

ORIGINS

Self Assembly:

1. Link to board discussion: www.abovetopsecret.com...
2. Summary: The self-organization properties of DNA-like molecular fragments four billion years ago may have guided their own growth into repeating chemical chains long enough to act as a basis for primitive life.
3. www.sciencedaily.com...
4. www.nature.com...
5. www.science20.com...

GENOMICS

1. Board discussion link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. www.abovetopsecret.com...

3. www.genome.gov...

4. science.nasa.gov...

DEVELOPMENTAL EVOLUTION

1. Board discussion link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. www.washingtonpost.com...

3. Developmental Plasticity and the Origin of Tetrapods
www.nature.com... 5DI4S1NeV2yxE7_gEI11m4Xs9v5VT3MMEx27bkZz2E6-VNa6yzuzed3HbeTLGgkXC5Oozxl95i-VUSOh-fv4LhgruzPs8n8pXPRxQ-tPXI0v4FYDSVEQcOMRFoV2liRWbu33EcFXO3oOnLl20JXGg5 7zmSmz1kKSjscpvuRCVAfl9I2USCqlIbYp8BSETqUKC9vYMB5culdnGMycGTAMvXmGby8%3D&tracking_referrer=www.washingtonpost.com

4. Your Brain Evolved from Bacteria
www.scientificamerican.com... on+%28Topic%3A+Evolution%29

5. From fish to man: Research reveals how fins became legs
www.eurekalert.org...

6. 10 Popular Fallacies and Misconceptions About Evolution
Thread link: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Contributed by krazysh0t

Evidence for Evolution - www.google.com...
C-14 dating is unreliable and therefore cannot be trusted - en.wikipedia.org...
Evolution Violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics - en.wikipedia.org...
Evolution doesn't adequately explain the origin of life - atheism.about.com...
Mutations are only harmful -
en.wikipedia.org...
Evolution has never been observed - en.wikipedia.org...
www.cdc.gov...
Evolution doesn't answer such and such question about the universe and the origin of life - No scientific theory answers 100% of the questions in science. Sorry I don't have a link for this one, but it is just so absurd that it doesn't really need one. If you find a theory or idea that claims to answer every question imaginable (religion) then it is HIGHLY suspect. The idea of science is that it works to answer a question, but then when that question is answered many new questions appear that the scientists then work to answer. It is an infinite process, but it certainly doesn't discredit the information gained and answers to questions that it does answer.
Evolution is just a theory - www.livescience.com...
Evolution doesn't explain the diversity of life on the planet - www.nhm.ac.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
Any number of hoaxes about evolution (ex: piltdown man) -
Ok, unfortunately this one won't have any links either because it is rather obvious. Thanks to the peer review process once a hoax is identified, it is removed from the scientific knowledge base and is no longer regarded as evidence for anything. HOWEVER, because a hoax exists is NOT proof that the prevailing theory that is for is also untrue. In order for that to be the case, ALL the evidence for that theory would have to be exposed as fradulent, and this is simply not the case for evolution. In fact new evidence surfaces all the time that proves evolution is true, while literally zero evidence surfaces that completely contradicts it.

Every now and then there is some evidence that shows that evolution doesn't work EXACTLY how we originally thought, but in this case we just modify the theory to account for the new information. An example of this would be the punctuated equilibrium idea that I posted in the last point. Originally evolution was thought to happen at the same rate across the species, but evidence kept surfacing that contradicted this account. So now, the theory was updated to include this and show that not all species evolve at the same rate. What DIDN'T happen however is that evolution was completely discredited by this new evidence.

7. From chicken to dinosaur: Scientists experimentally reverse the evolution of the perching toe
22 May 2015 Universidad de Chile
www.alphagalileo.org...
Board discussion link: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Contributed by flyingfish

Origin and Evolution of DNA and DNA Replication Machineries
Madame Curie Bioscience Database
Patrick Forterre, Jonathan Filee, Hannu Myllykallio
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Contributed by SuperFrog

Evolution of the Eye
Zoologist Dan-Erik Nilsson demonstrates how the complex human eye could have evolved through natural selection acting on small variations. Starting with a simple patch of light sensitive cells, Nilsson's model "evolves" until a clear image is produced.
Evolution Library for Teachers and Students
www.pbs.org...

Brains, Genes, and Primates: The future of higher research on the planet of the apes
May 20, 2015 by John Hewitt report

(Phys.org)—'Brains, Genes, and Primates' is the title of a curious perspective article recently published in the journal Neuron. In it, a who's who of dignitaries and luminaries from the field of neuroscience toss out a life raft to the now ailing vocation that has operated under the umbrella of 'primate neurophysiology'. Beginning with an eclectic mix of primate-exclusive features and skillsets, the authors make the case for the continued necessity of nonhuman primates as essential models for studying the human brain. That salvation comes via the extension to the primate realm of the ability to manipulate the genome and subsequent evo-development of rodents with godlike prowess.

phys.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here ya go Phantom 423

A Thread I made while back , that's related to this Thread

Why Do Human Children Stay So Small For So Long?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Forefront

what is the difference between the APE and Humans in their Development to Adults and Why Apes are Faster in the Development .. Apparently its Because we Use MORE Energy Consumption in the brain then They do .. in Development that is Its all about the Glucose ! Need More Energy/Glucose Firing those Networked Neurons..Quicker Faster... a Brain VS Brawn

Glucose war between brain and brawn in human evolution

www.youtube.com...

edit on 12015MondayfAmerica/Chicago9256 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Thanks - working on the library today.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
ATS Evolution website has been updated. Not finished uploading everything, but have made some modifications.
ats-library.wix.com...

On the Home page is my continuing challenge to Creationists to debate their position. The debate would be held in the Debate Forum. The debate would be moderated and the format would be the standard rules of debate. Rules can be found here: homepage.ntu.edu.tw...

Members on both sides can participate.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
And just in - Open Source Tree of Live - tree.opentreeoflife.org...

n a project funded by the University of Michigan and the U.S. National Science Foundation, researchers from 11 different institutions have finished creating the first draft of the “Tree of Life.” The special tree does not yield any fruit, however, it interlinks 2.3 different species of plants, animals and other creatures to depict their evolution.

The Tree of Life maps the species of organisms that existed at the beginning of life on the planet, dating back to 3.5 million years in the past. The researchers took reference from the different family and species trees published earlier to come up with the detailed and comprehensive Tree of Life. The previous family trees detailed up to 100,000 species, however, this is the first time that a detailed map encompassing across all forms of life has been developed.

The researchers faced two major problems while creating the Tree of Life. First, it was challenging for the researchers to take into account the name changes, abbreviations, misspellings and alternate names of different organisms. Second, the data for only 1 in every 6 of the 7,500 phylogenetic studies browsed by the researchers was available digitally downloadable format.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Thanks will upload it to the library. Saw that on the science news. Interesting project.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The section on Abiogenesis has been updated. I'm including entire research articles and not just links. Anyone who wants to discuss the results - pro or con - should start a new thread.

ats-library.wix.com...#!abiogenesis/chrc

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Link to October 2015 research article of the month:

ats-library.wix.com...#!research-article-of-the-month/c17i1
edit on 29-9-2015 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
New page added to the ATS website: TREE OF LIFE PROJECT- -Contributed by SuperFrog
I thought this project deserved its own page because of its significance to the study of Evolution.

There's an open source link at the top where you can see the developing TREE.

ats-library.wix.com...#!tree-of-life-project/c24p3

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
New article posted at the ATS website:

Double Chicken study reveals evolution can happen much faster than thought: New study of chickens overturns popular assumption that evolution is only visible over long time scales -- ScienceDaily

ats-library.wix.com...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
TsarChasm took the time to remind everyone that this board has been down the anti-science, anti-evolution sinkhole before.

Here's a link to the post where he lists the numerous threads that have been created and argued over the past few years:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks TsarChasm!!!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

lets go whole hog with it.

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I present to thee my updated - and upgraded - compilation of debate re-runs that have graced the ATS forums (complete with an appropriately amusing gif image - thanks "SolAquarius"!). Since it seems so many people have missed these classics, and are reluctant to make good use of the search engine provided free of charge (hint, hint) i figured i would throw together an extensive string of examples for reference purposes and even spent a little time making it look cool. If i missed any good ones, let me know so i can update the list. Made for those interested in "frequently asked questions". Legwork is the heart of research well done so dont be shy folks, and feel free to share if you know someone who needs it..

Creationism vs Evolution debates(ad nauseam)

1. Evolution is so illogical it has to be a conspiracy

2. Evolutionist I can prove to you that what you believe (evolution) is based on illogical reasoning

3. Proof that evolution is the only answer

4. Modern proof of evolution

5. If evolution is wrong then what's the alternative?

6. Top Ten Scientific Facts : Evolution is False and Impossible

7. Watching Evolution in Action

8. Evolution is a farce: Evidence

9. Prove Evolution Is False - Even Without the Bible

10. A challenge for evolution deniers: Explain why changes do not continue to add up over time

11. The Primary Axiom or Evolution is just a lie and should be replaced by Intelligent Design

12. Is There Evidence for Evolution? Show it to us.

13. Creation v Evolution argument can end

14. If evolution happened, where are ALL the transitional fossils?

15. 10 popular fallacies and misconceptions about evolution

16. 100 Reasons Why Evolution is Stupid is Stupid

17. Human Evolution (with pictures!)

18. 10 Ways Darwin got it wrong - The Conspiracy of Evolution

19. An evolutionary dilemma!!!!

20. I don't understand evolution.

21. Creationists: Have you ever read a book about Evolution?

22. Evolution is boring, What does it mean to you ?

23. How accurate is the Theory of Evolution?

24. No Such Thing As Evolution

25. Fundamental concepts of evolution explained.

26. why I hate evolution..

27. Evolution backed up by Hoaxes and Desperate Lies

28. Problems I have with evolution...

29. Genetics, Evolution and the Creationist Conspiracy

30. Evolution - defies accepted science

31. Evolutionists, how do you explain this?

32. Evolution, It's only a theory

33. Evolution is Science, Creationists Delusional

34. What is the evidence for evolution?

35. The Evolution Delusion: conspiracy ?

36. An easy way to understand evolution...

37. evolution: The greatest conspiracy

38. 10 Ways Darwin got it wrong

39. Intelligent Design Is Just As Valid A Theory As Evolutionism

40. Intelligent design theory, PROVEN

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Nice try and idea op.
Pity the deniers have already jumped in adding nothing. Oh and the obe addibg nothing and moaning about flags?.
Reaaly?.
Nice try again op.
SnF.

The 'deniers' are complaining about the absence of anything to deny.

The title is "The Library of Scientific Evidence for Evolution". It currently doesn't even have a 'small pamphlet's' worth of evidence. It is empty.

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join