It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation v Evolution argument can end

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I will make this clear from the outset
I understand why people accept evolution. It is a common sense, simple to believe theory for those who dont accept God.
I once believed it myself
O know many christians who believe in evolution, I consider them christians. That means my faith doesnt hinge on me believing in creation, I can be a christian and believe in evolution.

So, end the argument, offer some empirical evidence, evidence that cant be refuted, scientifically.
If you dont want to, please dont, if you think its a waste of time posting evidence, please dont

If we have empirical evidence there can be no assumptions.

A bird with longer wings, a fly with a special adaptation, its not proof as far as I am concerned, it may well be to you and I accept that.
Micro evolution just doesnt hold enough weight in my opinion.

A cricket with gills, that would be something, a baby human with gills, yeah, that would be something as well

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Please explain the difference between macro and micro-evolution. If I were to see useful radical mutations like a human with gills, that would indicate something other than Darwinian evolution to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
(edit: yeah, took some more time to read over the OP
...the argument won't end here, sorry!)
edit on 8-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, good to know the argument can end and we have you to thank for it.

It will never end until Jesus re-visits and descends on a cloud or a space ship.

I often wonder if Heaven is actually a star ship. That would be cool.

I do not think that YOU can end this divide just with a catchy headline.

P

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Universe is the Womb or the vessel of the Creator...life as defined by US or Humans is a spontateous act which happens all over the Universe and the Evolutionary path we have taken is in no way unique.....the Earth is unique and this is how we are defined....as earth based lifeforms .....on an identical Earth an opportunity for us to evolve exactly as we have would manifest itself.

There was creation of the Universe or the womb in which life as we know it forms....and there is Evolution of all of the products of this womb.....planets processes and lifeforms.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I feel as though the things you describe would not be works of evolution, but works of 'god'. It seems as though you have never actually read Darwins' work or all hundreds, even thousands, of correlated scientific works. Being unable to accept that 'god' would of had to pour as much attention into the first ocean creautures, the dinosaurs, as he did into you and your own does not mean that you are the special butterfly of 'god', just that you are a close minded and narrow viewed individual.

Getting up sunday and taking your family in the car to your place of worship is almost emperical evidence against 'creationism'. You really believe an omniscient and omnipotent being would want you to live as you do is... astounding to say the least.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Good lord.. the temptation to engage in argumentum ad hominem..

Seriously guy, go read a book. There is no debate.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

How about a fish that learned to walk... more or less

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

Seriously guy, go read a book.

Why don't you cite some proof out of said books, as the OP asked?
edit on 8/8/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So...imaginary sky fairy(AKA god/jesus)? You have no evidence from what I see. Or did I miss it in the OP?
edit on 8-8-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

What if beached whales are just trying to learn how to walk on land, and we keep pushing them back in the ocean?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Akragon

What if beached whales are just trying to learn how to walk on land, and we keep pushing them back in the ocean?

That would solve some people's dating problems

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Cavefish. ADAPTED to live in caves or cave like environments.

LINK

They have little to no eyesight.
Some have no scales.
Some have no swim bladder.

They all have the same counterparts out of caves (tetras being a good example).
edit on 882016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The evolution of whales is interesting.

evolution.berkeley.edu...

This vestigial hindlimb is evidence of basilosaurids' terrestrial heritage. The picture below on the left shows the central ankle bones (called astragali) of three artiodactyls, and you can see they have double pulley joints and hooked processes pointing up toward the leg-bones. Below on the right is a photo of the hind foot of a basilosaurid. You can see that it has a complete ankle and several toe bones, even though it can't walk. The basilosaurid astragalus still has a pulley and a hooked knob pointing up towards the leg bones as in artiodactyls, while other bones in the ankle and foot are fused. From the ear bones to the ankle bones, whales belong with the hippos and other artiodactyls

edit on 8-8-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

Seriously guy, go read a book.

Why don't you cite some proof out of said books, as the OP asked?

This is why.

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: AlienView
a reply to: Phantom423

What I said is:

"So is Intelligent Design a science? NO - it is a methodological and philosophical way of observation.
- A way to observe science."

it doesnt observe science, it exploits it.

but is it superior to the theory of modern evolutionary synthesis? this is in fact the question. and you have failed to answer it. actually, i take that back. you have answered plenty in your inability to either refute evolution or demonstrate intelligent design as a viable alternative. you and everyone else has failed to do this, and thats what the whole thread has been about - confirming the "primary axiom". so far, the primary axiom isnt an axiom at all. its an opinion. on a conspiracy forum. defended by a bunch of other opinions on said conspiracy forum. if thats what you call a methodological and philosophical way of observation. criticizing science when you dont understand how science works, then hijacking science to confirm what science actually refutes. i feel like this has happened before...has it happened before?

Evolution debate

Another evolution debate

ANOTHER evolution debate

Yet another evolution debate

Have we been here before?

Wait, again? Seriously?

....*sigh*

maybe its just me.

This thread is a show of defiance, nothing more.
edit on 8-8-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yep.

And we all know he's going to pull the "I want evidence", but ignore the thing he was asking for. Just like every other thread he's done it in.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

creation.com...

The doctors in this case were wrong, we do not have the genetic instruction, not even in our endrons to form gill's?.

Evolution is as much a religion as it is a science and I know that will rile up many here but it is a simple truth, there are plenty of very eminant scientists with high IQ's whom do not believe in it.

edit on 8-8-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks to Leanne having a biblical worldview, there was no psychological scarring.

Priceless.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yep.

And we all know he's going to pull the "I want evidence", but ignore the thing he was asking for. Just like every other thread he's done it in.

Right?

I am so tempted to start a thread calling for evidence of Creationism, so I can just sit here with my beer and underpants and arbitrarily deny everything posted.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Indoctrination, deliberate or otherwise is caused when education states theoretical as factual, this form's knowledge, which form's faulty understanding and this in turn solidify's as belief.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join