It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Hommage Of Mine To The Greatest TV Show: Doctor Who

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hello!

So, first of all, I usually don't involve myself in such things, but I must admit that this time, I couldn't resist...

BBC One has a little contest, to encourage Doctor Who fans celebrate the amazing show that is Doctor Who; and since I was bored and nothing else better to do, I just couldn't resist.

The contest was a 90-second video, of either animation, or video manipulation (from clips they provided), that form a story of sort. No prizes for non-UK resident but I didn't mind, I was doing it for the fun of it and to give a little hommage to a show I have come to love dearly. And one that lasted for 52 years, after all; it deserves some hommage...

So here is the link:

The Doctor must face the consequence of his actions when the Dalek Supreme Parliement require him, after a Dalek he helped repairing turned rogue and destroyed an entire Dalek squadron.

Little do both know that their destiny is however manipulated by another Doctor's oldest enemy...

Its really not fantastic, I know, but I hope it was enjoyable anyway.

That was all, just a little heads-up for fellow Doctor Who fans.

edit on 29-8-2015 by Yavanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Yavanna
That's a cool little video.

I've been a Doctor Who fan since I was a kid in the mid 70's and early 80's. I just wish they would have taken better care of the old films because so many episodes have been lost or destroyed.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I work a few hundred yards from the BBC Studios. I've met Matt Smith and Karen Gillan on a number of occasions.
I also met John Hurt in a local Pub not knowing he was in the 50th Anniversary.
I've also let Sylvester McCoy past me through the door in Starbucks when I had two Tom Baker DVDs I' d just bought in my hand.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Cool video. My daughter is a huge Doctor Who fan, so I'll have to show it to her. Maybe she'll work on her own video.

She has a tardis bookcase in her room that my husband painstakingly built for her. It's totally awesome!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thanks alot! It couldn't tell as much as I would have liked, but there is so much one can do in 90 seconds.

Me, it was a Texan friend who insisted I watched it, two years ago. I gave in to his begging, started, like everyone, with the New Who, fell head over heals in love with the show over the 8 seasons, and after the 50th anniversary, and halfway through Peter Capaldi, got too tired not knowing what was the Classic era, so started last November to watch the entire Classic era, starting from William Hartnell, and going painfully through the missing episodes (that they published with slideshows and audio, you know?), and I am right now starting the 6th Doctor. And my love for Doctor Who got even stronger, with such amazing (even if cheesy) Doctors, all of them (am currently missing enormously Peter Davison; his regeneration sequence really touched me. Reminded me of how the 10th Doctor died)...

But yes, it is sad so many episodes got lost or destroyed...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Cool!! You must have been so excited... I have heard they were extremely kind with their fans, so it must have been an awesome experience!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That is really neat!
It was really nice for him to have done such a thing.

If she's interested, she only needs to google "Mission Dalek Doctor Who", and the page is right there. She must be careful though to choose UK or Global Celebration, depending on if she lives in UK or outside of it. The prizes aren't the same for both.

And of course, if she's less than 16 years-old, you have to give some form of confirmation. Its all in the FAQ on the Mission Dalek page.

My video was made entirely with the clips BBC provided in what they call Asset Packs, if she wonders.

Oh, and entries are until the 8th of September.

edit on 29-8-2015 by Yavanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You're in luck if you have Netflix. The last time I checked they have every episode, except for the missing ones.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh, I actually watched them through various sites, some that have closed or changed during the time. And it seem to be only recently they added the episodes, because another of my friend tried by Netflix, about three months ago, and couldn't find some of the earliest series.

top topics

join