It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart to Stop Selling AR-15s and Similar Weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: reldra

This decision is a business decision.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Sales were not good so they decided to stop selling them.

"We previously carried modern sporting rifles in less than a third of our stores," Walmart spokesperson Kory Lundberg told Forbes. "Our merchandising decisions are driven largely by customer demand. In our everyday course of doing business, we are continually reviewing and adjusting our product assortment to meet our customers' needs."

Read more: www.rollingstone.com...
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

That is a standard press release. They would never say "some people think these guns should be banned, so we will stop selling them."

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Like I said, ridiculous.

You're expecting a 12 or 16 shot magazine to be effective on 5 or 6 intruders.
Or better yet a close range shotgun shell...
Ridiculous notion.

Who said anyone was coming for me?
That's a red herring deflection.

Seeing how most magazines on shotguns hold more than 6 shells it's more than adequate. Also the range of a shotgun is well beyond the area the average house covers. When it comes to home defense I'll take my shotgun over a POS AR15 any day of the week.

Chocolate or vanilla? Who cares. Use what works for you, what you can handle, what you can be responsible with. Or don't have one. Problem solved.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

First of all, AR-15s aren't automatic weapons. Those are illegal to sell and require a permit.

AR stands for assault rifle. They are semi-automatic, not automatic. Wal-Mart has read the tea-leaves and moved significantly to the left. Notice the lack of media attacks of late on Wal-Mart?

I prefer purchasing my rifles from a lesser F.F.L. outlet who has access to a far larger range of suppliers than is the wont of a Wal-Mart.

More money for the little guy is cool with me....

Wrong!AR-15 ,THE AR stands for Armalite the original manufacturer.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yes sorry, my cell phone eat me alive in that post.its been corrected and added to btw.

When we say that murders or mass murders will not happen by banning certain weapons it's not true,people will kill people and they will find a way to do so.

We really should talk about improving our social economic disparity, our psychological problems that result, and the way society treats people. We have very interesting conflicted society on one side we say that altruism is the most important goal. Yet we also make very self serving choices and are applauded for doing so.

We would make more of a dent if we focused on the problem causing the murders then building the road blocks. for us to do that we would have to seriously let the light shine on all of us as a society and be willing to accept change and responsibility in the sickness that is rampant.

link   

It's a distraction from my point, thus it's a red herring, intentional or not.

It doesn't matter if some person(s) is/are coming for me or not...
What does that have to do with anything?

What people use to defend their own homes is a personal choice that government & activists shouldn't be allowed to legislate.

link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: reldra

Wal-Mart

I think this is long overdue. And for Conservatives out there, Ronald Reagan supported this long ago.

Reagan Support Banning Automatic Weapons

They are not for hunting or home defense. I do support other weapons and guns to be owned by people to defend themselves from attackers in general and the government.
Thoughts?

It's all good. Wal-Mart's choice. There will be no shortage of other businesses who will sell and be more than happy to take the money.

I'm kind of standard though. Don't want to provide a product or service, dont. Someone else will. Problem solved.

That does cut out a good amount of idiots that would walk in to buy something either for nefarious purposes or they have no idea in which it works.

I worry about that less in a place like wal Mart and gun store than I do on a street sale. Don't know what I got, how to use it, break it down or clean it, but I sure look bad now.

But back to topic other businesses will fill the void, sell what products you want, provide services you want, to who you want. As someone said it probably helps the non chain local businesses and that's good.

Depends. If the non-chain, local business is good on background ckecks and the law. Some may even have free classes. But some are not like that. I still don;t see the need for these guns.

link   
Must be some kind of liability insurance mandate to reduce their premium costs.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

They are not for hunting or home defense.

Can you provide an example of someone purchasing an automatic weapon from Wal-Mart?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

originally posted by: nwtrucker

First of all, AR-15s aren't automatic weapons. Those are illegal to sell and require a permit.

AR stands for assault rifle. They are semi-automatic, not automatic. Wal-Mart has read the tea-leaves and moved significantly to the left. Notice the lack of media attacks of late on Wal-Mart?

I prefer purchasing my rifles from a lesser F.F.L. outlet who has access to a far larger range of suppliers than is the wont of a Wal-Mart.

More money for the little guy is cool with me....

Wrong!AR-15 ,THE AR stands for Armalite the original manufacturer.

en.wikipedia.org...

Right? I mean the AR-7 uses tiny .22 rimfire bullets...I seriously doubt it could be considered an "assault rifle".

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Right, but that's your personal choice Buster...

That doesn't mean others choices should be legislated away does it?

What if it was your personal choice that was being advocated for erosion?

Shouldn't be allowed. In my opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

It's a distraction from my point, thus it's a red herring, intentional or not.

It doesn't matter if some person(s) is/are coming for me or not...
What does that have to do with anything?

What people use to defend their own homes is a personal choice that government & activists shouldn't be allowed to legislate.

Oooh, but it is. Criminal elements are getting these guns too. Makes it easier if they are at the local wal mart. To defend your home, you have other choices.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The AR does not stand for assault rifle. It's the first two letters of ARmalite.

If Walmart chooses not to sell these rifles, fine. Don't really care, since I don't shop at Walmart anyway.

When I purchase firearms, I go to a specialty shop. A shop run by someone who actually knows what they're talking about, and who can fix things when they're broken.

I wouldn't use an AR-15 for home defense in any case... I prefer my little ol' SW .38 with a couple three speed loaders. Much handier in a close environment, and less likely to over penetrate. I'm not much worried about lack of firepower, since I hit what I aim at. God forbid I should ever have to use it for that...

Walmart can sell whatever they choose. As I said, don't care.
edit on 8/26/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Walmart can stop selling anything it wants.

As long as the government doesn't ban it, I could care less.

I buy from dealers, so retail chains can kiss my fluffy butt.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They are not for hunting or home defense.

Can you provide an example of someone purchasing an automatic weapon from Wal-Mart?

Since they say they stopped selling them OR similar...I am not a gun expert, so don;t try to trap me in tiny differences,
I would say it has happened.

link   

Then let's hope your handgun works well enough if those criminals ever break into your residence.

link   

Wal-Mart

I think this is long overdue. And for Conservatives out there, Ronald Reagan supported this long ago.

They are not for hunting or home defense. I do support other weapons and guns to be owned by people to defend themselves from attackers in general and the government.
Thoughts?

It's all good. Wal-Mart's choice. There will be no shortage of other businesses who will sell and be more than happy to take the money.

I'm kind of standard though. Don't want to provide a product or service, dont. Someone else will. Problem solved.

That does cut out a good amount of idiots that would walk in to buy something either for nefarious purposes or they have no idea in which it works.

I worry about that less in a place like wal Mart and gun store than I do on a street sale. Don't know what I got, how to use it, break it down or clean it, but I sure look bad now.

But back to topic other businesses will fill the void, sell what products you want, provide services you want, to who you want. As someone said it probably helps the non chain local businesses and that's good.

Depends. If the non-chain, local business is good on background ckecks and the law. Some may even have free classes. But some are not like that. I still don;t see the need for these guns.

Understand how you feel. I don't see much of a need for a m 203 since I got out of the military so I have chosen not to buy one.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Then let's hope your handgun works well enough if those criminals ever break into your residence.

I do too. And a shotgun.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Wal-Mart

Thoughts?

You know you can't buy automatic weapons at Walmart right?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It has never happened. You cannot purchase automatic weaponry at Wal-Mart.

Jesus H., if you are going to author a topic at least familiarize yourself with what you are posting.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It has never happened. You cannot purchase automatic weaponry at Wal-Mart.

Jesus H., if you are going to author a topic at least familiarize yourself with what you are posting.

The title is AR-15 or Similar.

Augustus M. do not pick on me.
edit on 26-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join