It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart to Stop Selling AR-15s and Similar Weapons

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Talked to a guy at Walmart the other day about this. Walmart will no longer carry rifles other then air soft. And handguns will also disappear when there stock runs out. There was just no money in it for them they say on the shelf until they discounted them. No one goes to Walmart to buy a gun. They make the money on ammo and accesories.

Regarding handguns, I don't think Walmart stocks handguns anywhere except in Alaska.

Otherwise, it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually end all firearm sales, for exactly the reason you indicate. Virtually no one goes to Walmart to buy a firearm. Ammunition? Sure. Guns? Nope. Even the pawn shops in my area have a better selection AND better prices on new stock.
edit on 27-8-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
a reply to: introvert

They both allow you to shoot without having to reload. Semi automatic is just the same, but with a trigger. They're just terms people use to differentiate, but they are both automatic.

I wanted to highlight the ignorance of this statement.... But I can't do a better job than the statement it'self does...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Seriously, the decision is obvious in its reasoning. With the conclusion of jade helm and the imminent zombie apocalypse looming, the first place people will loot is walmart. If there is not viable guns to loot from there, the damage to walmart may be minimal and they can continue on with business as usual. Nobody will notice the replacement of the staff with actual zombies, and in fact it may be an improvement in some departments.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tnhiker
Seriously, the decision is obvious in its reasoning. With the conclusion of jade helm and the imminent zombie apocalypse looming, the first place people will loot is walmart. If there is not viable guns to loot from there, the damage to walmart may be minimal and they can continue on with business as usual. Nobody will notice the replacement of the staff with actual zombies, and in fact it may be an improvement in some departments.

You act like you are telling the future...this already happened years ago....

Walmart Zombies

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
But what about the people that need 100 round clips to defend their homes? This should make the owners of gun shops happy because they will get to pick up Walmarts slack and at higher prices.

What is a 100 round clip some kind of belt clip? Only ignorant people buy large mags, there are good reasons the military uses 30 round mag too. 30 round mags are very reliable, easy to clear, easy to reload, you can carry a lot of them etc. The fact that Homes used a 100 round drum mag saved lives since it quickly jammed and he had to abandon it for a Glock.

15 mags between vest and belt is not uncommon and that gives you 480 total rounds where if you used 100 round drum mags I do not see you hanging them off your body so you might have only one in the gun.

Shooting an AR with 100 round drum is not easy either..heavy as hell....

CA law to limit 10 rounds is stupid too since once again you can have a hell of a lot of them and switching is fast and easy, and if I was going to break the law and use an AR the last thing I would worry about is the 10 bullet limit...lol. Plus on the funny side, everyone in CA buys .45s since the bullet is so big the mag can only handle 8 to 10 rounds anyways.

Canada is the same... 5 round limit so just get a bigger bullet..

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: dragonridr
Talked to a guy at Walmart the other day about this. Walmart will no longer carry rifles other then air soft. And handguns will also disappear when there stock runs out. There was just no money in it for them they say on the shelf until they discounted them. No one goes to Walmart to buy a gun. They make the money on ammo and accesories.

Regarding handguns, I don't think Walmart stocks handguns anywhere except in Alaska.

Otherwise, it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually end all firearm sales, for exactly the reason you indicate. Virtually no one goes to Walmart to buy a firearm. Ammunition? Sure. Guns? Nope. Even the pawn shops in my area have a better selection AND better prices on new stock.

Here they sell em like hot cakes. I dont go often, but every time i do they are selling one and the stock is alwayd different.

I know at least 3 people that have purchased one there. They all said it was for price and selection.

They had ruger 10/22 and mini 14s in stainless for a really low price, and couldn't get them to the sales floor let alone keep them in stock. I dont know if the 22lr ammo is still the same way, but it was for a while.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

This is kind of off the subject, but that 5 round limit in Canada only applies to centerfire semi-autos. There's actually no magazine capacity limit on rimfires, including semi-autos, as long as the magazine wasn't designed for a handgun. There are actually major Canadian retailers selling 100 round 10/22 drum magazines right off their website.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wow. its funny since they arent FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS OP. Yeah reagan supported limiting fully auto weapons but not SEMI ONLY. Once again mis identifying a weapon to get people scared and saying please make the bad man stop. Im so sick of this crap.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Ridiculous notion that ARs are not for home defence...
It's the best possible solution to a gang of home invaders.

I bet they'd like to limit people to a six shooter revolver instead of something realistically usable in a major break in.

At the same time Walmart can do what they like.

1. Where the hell do you live; and/or
2. What the hell are you doing that you require a 30 round mag to defend your home?

May I suggest you move from downtown Fallujah or stop leaving hate messages for the local drug gangs written on your own personalized stationary?

I am not sad they aren't stocking them anymore, I prefer to support local independents. The service and support are worth it.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: reldra

I would say it has happened.

It has never happened. You cannot purchase automatic weaponry at Wal-Mart.

Jesus H., if you are going to author a topic at least familiarize yourself with what you are posting.

I haven't been able to purchase ANY weapons at my local Wal Mart in over 10 years.

'Automatic' is a CLASS 3 FIREARM anyways. And NO ONE can buy NEW except LEO's.

And that goes with the federal background check from the FBI, and waiting months for them, and local LEO to sign off.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join