It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart to Stop Selling AR-15s and Similar Weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Wal-Mart

I think this is long overdue. And for Conservatives out there, Ronald Reagan supported this long ago.

Reagan Support Banning Automatic Weapons

They are not for hunting or home defense. I do support other weapons and guns to be owned by people to defend themselves from attackers in general and the government.
Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Wal-Mart is free to sell what it wants, judge he not lest ye be judge by the judge or something. Anyway, still hate Wal-Mart, but maybe a little less now.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ridiculous notion that ARs are not for home defence...
It's the best possible solution to a gang of home invaders.

I bet they'd like to limit people to a six shooter revolver instead of something realistically usable in a major break in.

At the same time Walmart can do what they like.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What's wrong with an AR-15, I have several of the. 22LR and .556.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This decision is a business decision.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Sales were not good so they decided to stop selling them.

"We previously carried modern sporting rifles in less than a third of our stores," Walmart spokesperson Kory Lundberg told Forbes. "Our merchandising decisions are driven largely by customer demand. In our everyday course of doing business, we are continually reviewing and adjusting our product assortment to meet our customers' needs."

Read more: www.rollingstone.com...
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

First of all, AR-15s aren't automatic weapons. Those are illegal to sell and require a permit.

AR stands for assault rifle. They are semi-automatic, not automatic. Wal-Mart has read the tea-leaves and moved significantly to the left. Notice the lack of media attacks of late on Wal-Mart?

I prefer purchasing my rifles from a lesser F.F.L. outlet who has access to a far larger range of suppliers than is the wont of a Wal-Mart.

More money for the little guy is cool with me....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
But what about the people that need 100 round clips to defend their homes? This should make the owners of gun shops happy because they will get to pick up Walmarts slack and at higher prices.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Ridiculous notion that ARs are not for home defence...
It's the best possible solution to a gang of home invaders.

I bet they'd like to limit people to a six shooter revolver instead of something realistically usable in a major break in.

At the same time Walmart can do what they like.

Major break in? Whio is coming for you? Think about shot gun, handgun?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

If walmart wishes to suspend AR-15 sells then so be it, they are their own establishment and I believe they should be able to sell or not sell any item they want,and to sell to anybody they wish or do not wish to sell to.

With that being said, AR-15s are the civilian version of the M-4 ,it's semi automatic,does not contain three round burst nor is it automatic, of course you could modify the trigger assembly and make an automatic weapon. Even so,that would be foolish because it would just empty your magazine even when you let go of the trigger. Or also known as the spray and pray method.

Having said that, in terms of mass shootings and when you have the availability of any weapon, it will result in the same outcome. A 9mm properly aimed can kill just as many just as fast. Knifes are more personal, but someone bent on hurting other people will find a way. The road blocks we set up are not going to prevent all of them, perhaps some, as people may not wish to get so personal like a knife or club when killing others;so I suppose banning could deter some. Not everyone, guns aren't the problem people are the problem and have been the problem since we were hitting eachother over the head with rocks and living in caves.
edit on 26-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: Crazy cell phone issues lol

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Some people act like they're part of the Mafia or something. It's very disturbing.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

If walmart wishes to suspend AR-15 sells then so be it, they are their own establishment and I believe they should be able to sell or not sell any item they want,and to sell to anybody they wish or do not wish to sell to.

With that being said, AR-15s are the civilian version of the M-4 it's semi automatic does not contain three round burst not is it automatic, of course you could modify the trigger assembly and make an automatic weapon. Even so that would be foolish because it would just empty your magazine even when you let go

Seems to be the choice of some well-known criminals. It is semi-automatic.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Wal-Mart

I think this is long overdue. And for Conservatives out there, Ronald Reagan supported this long ago.

They are not for hunting or home defense. I do support other weapons and guns to be owned by people to defend themselves from attackers in general and the government.
Thoughts?

It's all good. Wal-Mart's choice. There will be no shortage of other businesses who will sell and be more than happy to take the money.

I'm kind of standard though. Don't want to provide a product or service, dont. Someone else will. Problem solved.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Like I said, ridiculous.

You're expecting a 12 or 16 shot magazine to be effective on 5 or 6 intruders.
Or better yet a close range shotgun shell...
Ridiculous notion.

Who said anyone was coming for me?
That's a red herring deflection.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Wal-Mart

Thoughts?

It's all good. Wal-Mart's choice. There will be no shortage of other businesses who will sell and be more than happy to take the money.

I'm kind of standard though. Don't want to provide a product or service, dont. Someone else will. Problem solved.

That does cut out a good amount of idiots that would walk in to buy something either for nefarious purposes or they have no idea in how it works.
edit on 26-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Like I said, ridiculous.

Ridiculous notion.

Not a red herring. I wondered what you were prepping for and why you would need an automatic weapon. Are 5 or 6 intruders coming for you?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I bought my bazooka and nuke at walmart, its for home defence in case of an Godzilla try to rob me,.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

AR = Armalite ... the company that originally made them. There's an "AR-7" in .22, which I hardly think counts as an "assault rifle" ...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

With that being said, AR-15s are the civilian version of the M-4 ,it's semi automatic,does not contain three round burst nor is it automatic, of course you could modify the trigger assembly and make an automatic weapon. Even so,that would be foolish because it would just empty your magazine even when you let go of the trigger. Or also known as the spray and pray method.

Having said that, in terms of mass shootings and when you have the availability of any weapon, it will result in the same outcome. A 9mm properly aimed can kill just as many just as fast. Knifes are more personal, but someone bent on hurting other people will find a way. The road blocks we set up are not going to prevent all of them, perhaps some, as people may not wish to get so personal like a knife or club when killing others;so I suppose banning could deter some. Not everyone, guns aren't the problem people are the problem and have been the problem since we were hitting eachother over the head with rocks and living in caves.

Some roadblocks stop some things.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Like I said, ridiculous.

Ridiculous notion.

Seeing how most magazines on shotguns hold more than 6 shells it's more than adequate. Also the range of a shotgun is well beyond the area the average house covers. When it comes to home defense I'll take my shotgun over a POS AR15 any day of the week.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Wal-Mart

Thoughts?

That does cut out a good amount of idiots that would walk in to buy something either for nefarious purposes or they have no idea in which it works.

I worry about that less in a place like wal Mart and gun store than I do on a street sale. Don't know what I got, how to use it, break it down or clean it, but I sure look bad now.

But back to topic other businesses will fill the void, sell what products you want, provide services you want, to who you want. As someone said it probably helps the non chain local businesses and that's good.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join