It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Negative 51% Favorability amongst Hispanic-Americans.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You'd be surprised. Other than Cuba and Venezuela, latin american countries are capitalist and most have pretty lean social safety nets.

Religion has 2 flavors but both pass the collection plate, the catholics promise to help the needy and the others have a preacher living pretty good who tells the congregation that if they get in good with god they can live like him.

The state is not your saviour.
edit on 27-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I'm not surprised by the numbers right now but how did anyone do the polling if you can't ask people to prove they are citizens? Just ask random Hispanics? As a White Male, I resent the way it seems we are being held hostage by the "Hispanic Vote". Without proof of citizenship prior to casting a vote, what stops anyone from voting, citizen or not? When there is a giant protest by Hispanics regarding any issue about illegal aliens, how many of the protesters are illegals and just protecting their own interests, legal or not? Why should a country not be able to send illegals outside of our borders and why should our borders not be more secure? Isn't one of the primary responsibilities of government to protect our borders from invasion, economic, political, or military? Sure, a lot of Hispanics may be mad at him, but why? Why would any Hispanic citizen of the U.S. support illegal crimes being committed, such as entering our country illegally? I support legal immigration. But illegal immigration from people that say they want to become Americans... the very first thing they do is slap us in the face by committing a crime and continuing to do so every day they stay illegally. There are right ways and wrong ways to come here. Supporting them is supporting criminal behavior. That makes it Conspiracy to commit crimes. RICCO act at the very least.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Thank you, and everyone else who answered. That's what I figured, but ya never know. It's oddly worded that's for sure.

My pleasure. Trump sure is entertaining. He actually told everyone during the debates how the corrupt system of government works and it just went over everyones heads. Rich pay money to politicians, politicians do whatever rich want. Kinda like political prostitution.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I can see why that part of the Latin community would be against shutting down the border and sanctuaries. Reminds me of the infamous phrase 'he was a good boy' as something not right is explained away.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Make that 51.1%.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

As a Hispanic male a resent the fact you think Hispanics are immigrants. You know all Puerto Ricans are Americans right? The poll doesn't say immigrants, it says hispanics.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Thank you, and everyone else who answered. That's what I figured, but ya never know. It's oddly worded that's for sure.

My pleasure. Trump sure is entertaining. He actually told everyone during the debates how the corrupt system of government works and it just went over everyones heads. Rich pay money to politicians, politicians do whatever rich want. Kinda like political prostitution.

Your right people ignored it. He even said that Hillary had to come to his wedding because he gave her money. Basically saying he owned her. This doesn't seem to phase many though when someone finally admitted politicians are for sale. I figured it would have been a much bigger deal.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: jaxnmarko

As a Hispanic male a resent the fact you think Hispanics are immigrants. You know all Puerto Ricans are Americans right? The poll doesn't say immigrants, it says hispanics.

That's unusual have some peurto tic an friends and they are the first to scream about Mexicans illegally crossing the border. Also don't make the mistake of calling them Mexican either things will go real bad.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Haha, I was trying to put a spin on the 'Do you even science?' phrase.

I don't particularly care for twitter, except when I am bashing the media for their nonsense but I look through the trends, and anything related to Trump and the Hispanic vote is negative. Especially after this Jorge Ramos incident.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: eluryh22

Haha, I was trying to put a spin on the 'Do you even science?' phrase.

I don't particularly care for twitter, except when I am bashing the media for their nonsense but I look through the trends, and anything related to Trump and the Hispanic vote is negative. Especially after this Jorge Ramos incident.

He will never get the Hispanic vote. Unless he decides to play the Castro cars to get the Cubans. Surprisingly though we will do well in the north with the black vote. The south I kind of doubt it. Will he have the numbers depends on who he's running against. Hillary and he can pull it off another candidate he's probably lose. I suspect his reason for running was Hillary was. And trust me I bet he's got a lot of dirt on her. And it will all come out a couple of months before the election. And God I hope I'm wrong but I will say Donald doesn't do anything that he thinks he can't win. He's got a huge ego.
edit on 8/27/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/27/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Que? Pfft polls. Now I get it.

Only 14 percent of Hispanic adults say they have a favorable opinion of Donald Trump, compared to 65 percent who do not. Trump’s net favorable rating is an incredibly dismal (-51) percentage points. To put that in perspective, on the opposite side of the political spectrum, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has a 58 percent favorable to 18 percent unfavorable rating with Latinos. Clinton’s positive (+40) rating is an almost incomprehensible 91 percentage points better than Trump’s rating with Hispanics. [Source]

edit on 8/27/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Me? Donald Trump make fun of Mexicans?
No way Jose!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
8.9% of Hispanics in the US are voters.

Aprox 50% of them actually vote.

So we're at 4.5%

51% have an unfavorable opinion of Trump.

That's 2.25%

So Trump should worry?

Where I got some numbers
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-8-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Let's see...so far he's alienated veterans, women, reporters, women reporters, hairdressers, and Hispanics.

It's adding up...and there's still lots of time.

(I swear he's the dem's secret weapon....)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Let's see...so far he's alienated veterans, women, reporters, women reporters, hairdressers, and Hispanics.

You really think the media and the average voter is going to remember?

lolz

Hell, Benghazi was just 3 years ago and most consider that ancient history.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American voter.

It got us Obama for 2 terms, it might just get us Trump.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It won't happen. He doesn't really want to be president. Who would?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It won't happen. He doesn't really want to be president. Who would?

You have a point.

Who in their right mind would want the job?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Sounds like an impressive array of groups and lots of people until you realize that surely some of them are women reporters who did their stint in the military, happen to be Hispanic and moonlight as hairdressers.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's just a mess, like...no...I won't go "there"...it's just too easy!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Hey, group overlap happens.

Or are you saying that women can only be women and not hairdressers or in the military or is it just that if you say you're a woman, you must vote along the so-called issue lines of what the pollsters say "women" must vote like? Same for all the other "groups" you listed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join