It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Negative 51% Favorability amongst Hispanic-Americans.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
...that's what he said.

What the hell is negative 51% favorability?

Exactly! Bunch of BS polls when they can't put up a simple numbers instead of trying to confuse the situation. Either way, when we start talking about how a presidential candidate needs the hispanic vote to win, then there is a problem and I see why Trump wants to fix that. The democratic plan is to keep allowing these illegals in and then allow them to vote because they favor the democrats. It's a huge new voting block.

Couldn't agree more with you on that. Why depend on a certain demographic to win an election...it is like saying win the Hispanics and you become president. WOW.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: interupt42

But the source in the OP says that the Latino vote FAVORS Hillary by +40...

Are you trying to say that Hillary "owns" Gallup?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I still cannot figure out for the life of me why anyone supports this guy

Not only is he inarticulate and and egomaniacal bully, he isn't conservative at all, he's just playing one

He also contradicts himself quite often

He's disrespectful to women

He's disrespectful to anyone that challenges him

He's not presidential material he's a reality show personality

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
...that's what he said.

What the hell is negative 51% favorability?

Favorability is a calculated number that is the difference between approval and disapprove. This tends not to be if they would vote for the person. Polls usually ask the favorability for a set of candidates. Politicians compare favorability after they go negative in ads to see if they make someone less favorable.

So to get a negative 51% Trump would have to have a number like Approval: 10% Disapproval: 61%. Not saying this is the actual numbers just an example.

Favorability Rating
edit on 26-8-2015 by blargo because: Added example for clarity

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
1) I still cannot figure out for the life of me why anyone supports this guy

2) Not only is he inarticulate and and egomaniacal bully, he isn't conservative at all, he's just playing one

3) He also contradicts himself quite often

4) He's disrespectful to women

5) He's disrespectful to anyone that challenges him

6) He's not presidential material he's a reality show personality

1) I think the thing here is that the state of affairs in the US has gotten SO bad, someone like this can rise.

2) There are no real (viable) conservatives anymore. Plenty who talk the talk but fail to walk the walk.

3) They all do. ALL of them. Constantly.

4) Eh, I've seen him insult specific women (as well as specific men) but nothing that bothers me (or my wife) in particular yet.

5) Could easily say the same about the current President. (Comparing those who opposed the Iran deal to those in Iran screaming for death to America; calling those who disagree with him "crazies", etc)

6) He is a bit of a bull in a china shop, I will definitely agree to that. In as much as it is insane that he is doing so well in the polls, I will admit I am more than fed up with the mealy-mouthed do nothing politicians that, even if for entertainment value, I am enjoying his campaign.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

They don't count they are the illegals one.

It amazes me that Hillary with her email scandal and not to mention all the other scandals can still get support.

edit on 41831America/ChicagoWed, 26 Aug 2015 09:41:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Does it really matter? I'm sure most of those polled were probably not legally able to vote anyways, probably just the parents of anchor babies, or whatever the proper term is these days.

Of all these people that were polled, how many will actually get out and vote?

This is the second time I've seen that said about this poll and I'm pretty sure that it is racist to automatically assume that the majority of Hispanics polled in a national voting poll are illegal immigrants. If that is the best excuse you have to dismiss this poll, then you are standing on flimsy ground.

Now you may have a point about the legitimacy of the poll and that polling results may not depict voting results, but don't disparage Gallup's name just because you don't like the results of a survey they conducted.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

They don't count they are the illegals one.

It amazes me that Hillary with her email scandal and not to mention all the other scandals can still get support.

Goes to show you the power of the uneducated voter.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
All I got from that is the illegal fifth column infiltrators who don't belong here love Hillary.

Big f'n deal.

The Latino's who are here and are struggling to survive legally know the illegals are hurting them too by sucking off of the same system they support and rely on to fall back on. Illegals jeopardize everyone's security.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

No real conservatives? That's bunk

Rand Paul

Ted Cruz - whether you like him or not

Ben Carson

All 3 of those are die hard conservatives and their background and records show it

Voting for trump might as well be voting for Jeb or Hillary.

Just about anyone on that stage is more conservative then trump

edit on 8/26/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Its difficult for me to take Rand Paul seriously, although I do appreciate many of his sentiments.

Ted Cruz and his desire to INCREASE H1B visas disqualifies him in my book.

Huge, HUGE fan of Ben Carson (at least of the little bit I know about him).

My overall point about the modern day so-called conservatives/republicans is that they are USELESS!!! Look at the election results from last November. If there was ever a mandate for the conservatives/republicans to push back against the current administration.... that was it. What did we get? Exactly zero resistance.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The Latino's who are here and are struggling to survive legally know the illegals are hurting them too by sucking off of the same system they support and rely on to fall back on. Illegals jeopardize everyone's security.

Yes -- thank you! This is pretty much what I hear from my Mexican family/friends. Hispanics tend to have conservative values, and should be a natural fit for the Republican party. It makes me wonder why they insist on using language and policy that drives them away...

And I have to add that despite the willful misrepresentation by the American media, illegals know better than anyone that Trump was right about the rapists coming across the border... the women often expect that they will be raped by their Coyotes, their fellow illegal immigrants, corrupt authorities, evil drug cartel members... anyone and everyone who gets the chance. And it doesn't always end after crossing the border. Not only are many kept as prostitutes and "comfort women" for the Coyotes, rape is common in the shadow societies they are forced to live in, as the women cannot go to the authorities.

Like the Mexicans I know, I will reserve my outrage for the real villains... and my sympathy for the true victims. Trump isn't "my" candidate, but I won't fault him here.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I wonder how many of the 51% are here illegally? I bet that number is in the 70's. How many are eligible to vote anyway?

Why would you imagine that? Where would the number 'high 70s' come from?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Yes -- thank you! This is pretty much what I hear from my Mexican family/friends. .
I'll second that. My in-laws are from South America, not Mexico but its the same story. They went through all the proper channels to come to the US legally. Some built businesses, some worked for others. But at the end of they day they are as outraged as I am about they way this country panders to the illegal immigrant crowd.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Usually, when a presidential candidate polls unfavorably with a particular geographic area or demographic, they can try to make up for in in their selection of their running mate. Ideally, if Trump could secure someone like Danny Trejo that would lock it up for him, but that might be difficult. I would suggest an alternative:

Deez Nuts

A Trump / Deez Nuts ticket would be hard to beat. The only problem is that Deez Nuts tends to lean to far to the left for most conservatives. However, unencumbered by the political briefs of the Democrats or Republicans, Deez Nuts would be free to swing to the left or the right of the political spectrum as he marches America into a happy ending in the 21st century. With Trump handling Deez Nuts, his popularity could explode all over the face of the political landscape. Maybe then it would be time to thrust Deez Nuts into the gaping hole left by the impotent crop of presidential contenders we have now.

Trump / Deez Nuts 2016! Because we're going to get screwed anyway.

(post by acackohfcc removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I'll second that. My in-laws are from South America, not Mexico but its the same story. They went through all the proper channels to come to the US legally. Some built businesses, some worked for others. But at the end of they day they are as outraged as I am about they way this country panders to the illegal immigrant crowd.

Yes, indeed, same story. I'm sure like my husband's family, they find it frustrating to be constantly lumped in with the illegal immigrants simply for the color of their skin/family origins. They have worked hard and achieved much the old-fashioned way. No one wants to hate on those coming for a better life... they understand the hardships these people are trying to flee. But they do not want to condone and support lawless behavior either, which goes against everything they hold sacred and honorable, and which will only turn the USA into another hellhole like the one they fled.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Trump isn't stupid, he knows his poll numbers label him a loser in the coming elections.

His campaign has some kind of ulterior motive. He will drop out before Christmas and Jeb will fill the breach and all his supporters
will be standing around saying...."whaaa happened"

I don't really know what Trumps motivations are but he is making Chumps out of a lot of poor gullible people.
edit on 26-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm not sure I agree with you about the poll numbers. Scary part is that it seems as though the "average American" (whatever that is) is so remarkably fed up with getting screwed by establishment politicians that it's not impossible for Trump to win.

That being said, I have thought from day 1 that there is an ulterior motive. Not sure exactly what it is. I don't think he's a Clinton-plant. Nor do I think he intends to pave the way for Jeb. I can't put my finger on it exactly but something is up, in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: olaru12

I'm not sure I agree with you about the poll numbers. Scary part is that it seems as though the "average American" (whatever that is) is so remarkably fed up with getting screwed by establishment politicians that it's not impossible for Trump to win.

That being said, I have thought from day 1 that there is an ulterior motive. Not sure exactly what it is. I don't think he's a Clinton-plant. Nor do I think he intends to pave the way for Jeb. I can't put my finger on it exactly but something is up, in my humble opinion.

It seems to me that Trump has gone out of his way to alienate women and minorities. He knows without those two demographics as his supporters, he's SOL. There aren't enough angry white men to elect him. It's that simple; and a 3rd party bid will insure a dem or gop back in the WH.

Yes, there is a mystery surrounding his entire campaign....

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join