It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Negative 51% Favorability amongst Hispanic-Americans.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
That's right the man who said he would win the Latino vote has a -51% favorability amongst them.

After Donald Trump suggested that all Mexican immigrants are rapists and criminals, he went on to insist that he "will win the Latino vote."

Well, Gallup's survey results for the past month and a half are in, and Hispanic Americans have responded with a very clear "nope."

Source

I wonder if any presidential candidate has won with numbers like those? Those numbers are so bad that Gallup had to double the width of their chair to accommodate Trump's percentage. After Obama won 70% of the Latino vote in 2012, Republicans said they had to do more to appeal to Latinos and other minorities. What happened? The party keeps shifting more and more to the right. We now have a field of Republican candidates that agree with most of Trump's immigration policies. After trump said he'd end the constitutional right of Birth right citizenship, the rest of the Republicans followed suit.

That +11 for Jeb Bush and +5 for Marco Rubio might look good compared to the other Republicans, but when they are compared to Hillary Clinton's favorability amongst Hispanics it really helps put things into perspective.

When candidates make statements like the ones Trump has been making regarding Mexicans, they will undoubtedly win the nativist, xenophobic and racist vote. But they sure as hell ain't winning anything on the national level when the voter turnout is much higher.

And you really have to wonder when you constantly hear people whine about the system and how rigged it is and how easily politicians are bough by big money. But yet these same people are the same ones that say that this country needs Donald Trump, because he's a "true leader" and is not afraid to speak his mind, but this is the same guy that has admitted to bribing politicians to get what he wants. So you really have to wonder what's the true reason why they are voting for this chump.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
...that's what he said.

What the hell is negative 51% favorability?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
...that's what he said.

Layman's term: He's not really doing that good amongst hispanics.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I'm not entirely sure, but if I had to guess I'd say it means that they are more likely to vote against him than for him. In other words, no matter who else is running, someone negatively favoring Trump would vote for the other guy. Though I could be wrong.

Whatever it means, it's bad, and I find it HILARIOUS.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I'm not entirely sure, but if I had to guess I'd say it means that they are more likely to vote against him than for him. In other words, no matter who else is running, someone negatively favoring Trump would vote for the other guy. Though I could be wrong.

Whatever it means, it's bad, and I find it HILARIOUS.

You know it's bad when Ted Cruz manages to stay in negative single digits, but Trump is at negative 51

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Honestly, this bloke is an idiot. As the potential official representative of the United States of America, and the one tasked with resurrecting her greatness, he acts like a yobbo with a potty mouth that can't take the medicine he dishes out.

Seriously, my beautiful friends of the USA, this bloke has zakleys disease. That's when the crap coming out of his mouth sounds exactly like taking a dump.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Could you imagine what we would be hearing in the media and on forums such as this if Trump was a Leftist and said these sorts of things?

I think Trump is doing a good job at not only highlighting the problems in the Republican party, but also their hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
So Hispanics have a negative view of trump but a positive one for Hillary? Interesting.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Could you imagine what we would be hearing in the media and on forums such as this if Trump was a Leftist and said these sorts of things?

I think Trump is doing a good job at not only highlighting the problems in the Republican party, but also their hypocrisy.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but the "media" has one right wing channel the rest are pretty liberal. They do a great job of throwing dirt on repubs while their owners refuse to cover stories that make their side look bad.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

originally posted by: introvert

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but the "media" has one right wing channel the rest are pretty liberal. They do a great job of throwing dirt on repubs while their owners refuse to cover stories that make their side look bad.

Yes, they have Fox News but don't forget that they have ALL of talk radio. Can you name a popular nationally-syndicated Leftist radio host?

Also, did you know that the Right wing get their information from a very select few sources, but the Left vary quite a bit on whom they get their information from?

That being said. The Left really only have one news network that could be called Leftists. MSNBC. The rest are pretty moderate. But people on the Right are fed propaganda saying that any news network our media source that does not push particular agendas are Leftist.

My point still stands. The outrage towards the Left we be much greater if a Leftist said the things Trump says.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Unfortunately, we have voters in the U.S. who have selective hearing.

We have a populace who will base their vote only on celebrity status, the looks of a candidate, party affiliation, or base their entire decision on one issue they feel strongly about. Some voters don't even bother researching or listening to the candidate and just ride the wave of the more popular candidate.

We lack a voting populace that doesn't bother weighing in the candidates background, how well they can identify with the majority, their character, knowledge on the issues, their overall position on issues, knowledge of world politics and a good understanding of how government works.

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe", is more of how we select our presidents.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not entirely sure, but if I had to guess I'd say it means that they are more likely to vote against him than for him. In other words, no matter who else is running, someone negatively favoring Trump would vote for the other guy.

If that is true than that is a great thing. We just need to make sure that the Donald gets the GOP endorsement and Hillary gets the Democrat endorsement.

Having those two run will guarantee a win for a party besides the Democrat or the Republicans as the a majority will vote for the other guy versus any of those two. lol

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

And.....?

So what? Since when do hispanics, as a voting "block," vote for anyone besides demoncrats? This means absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I wonder how many of the 51% are here illegally? I bet that number is in the 70's. How many are eligible to vote anyway?
edit on 26-8-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Let's face it folks, it doesn't matter who gets in, nothing will change. The rich will get richer, the middle class will continue toward the bottom, the job market will suck, along with housing prices and everything else. We are on a downward spiral and there's little that will stop it. People are slaves to their party and will vote for that candidate, even if they're not the best for the job. We Are Screwed and you can shout Yay Trump! or Go Hilary! or anyone else you like.....but the results will be the same.

What should be worrying is that the American people are so fed up with the way things are, they're actually listening to someone like Trump. That he is unpopular with Hispanics is no surprise. If someone wanted to kick you and all your relatives out of the country and make it nearly impossible to get back in, you wouldn't like him either. Just substitute Irish, Italian, French or Asian for Hispanic and you'd get the same reaction.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Let's face it folks, it doesn't matter who gets in, nothing will change..

I always remind people that no matter which party wins... we all lose.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
...that's what he said.

Exactly! Bunch of BS polls when they can't put up a simple numbers instead of trying to confuse the situation. Either way, when we start talking about how a presidential candidate needs the hispanic vote to win, then there is a problem and I see why Trump wants to fix that. The democratic plan is to keep allowing these illegals in and then allow them to vote because they favor the democrats. It's a huge new voting block.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

But the source in the OP says that the Latino vote FAVORS Hillary by +40...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Somebody need to explain this in simple terms:
Legal Hispanic residents that can vote + Illegal Hispanics that can't vote : 51% would not vote for Trump and
Illegal Hispanics that can't vote : 51% would not vote for Trump
Done!
edit on 26-8-2015 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Does it really matter? I'm sure most of those polled were probably not legally able to vote anyways, probably just the parents of anchor babies, or whatever the proper term is these days.

Of all these people that were polled, how many will actually get out and vote?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join