It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Negative 51% Favorability amongst Hispanic-Americans.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Trump is the right's Obama. They both appeal heavily to their base, but sicken most on the other side of the political spectrum.

I don't consider myself a Republican or Democrat, though I tend to lean right. I would vote for any candidate that I believed was best for America. I am still undecided on Trump though.

I believe he has a lot more favor in the Hispanic community than polls show. He went after "ILLEGAL" Hispanic immigrants in his presidential announcement, not "LEGAL" ones. We have a process to become a citizen in this country, its not fast, and for many, very difficult. Once they have legally acquired/earned citizenship, they tend to take great pride in that citizenship. Not addressing the illegal immigrant issue is a slap in legal immigrants faces. Legals know this.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skymoonwalker

I believe he has a lot more favor in the Hispanic community than polls show. He went after "ILLEGAL" Hispanic immigrants in his presidential announcement, not "LEGAL" ones. We have a process to become a citizen in this country, its not fast, and for many, very difficult. Once they have legally acquired/earned citizenship, they tend to take great pride in that citizenship. Not addressing the illegal immigrant issue is a slap in legal immigrants faces. Legals know this.

Living in NM where 50% of the population is composed of legal Hispanics; he has almost no support among them; even among the Hispanics in Our local GOP. btw...I'm on the local GOP media team. I think your assessment is based on Rush styled ideology and not facts. The Hispanics in my community think Trump is an elitist fool and most of the women I know think he's a misogynist creep.

Of course he is targeting angry white men with this BS campaign...I don't buy it...he'll be gone by Christmas.

edit on 26-8-2015 by olaru12 because: $^&IRM%&*

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Do you guys even twitter? Do you guys even You-tube other than looking at videos related to conspiracies? The Latino people absolutely despise Trump. There is only a small minority of Hispanics who are for Trump.

He does not have the Hispanic vote. He damn sure does not have the black vote, despite what you want to believe, and I'm confident he lost at least 75% of the woman vote.

He is not winning without the vote of these three groups.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Do you guys even twitter?.

I don't know why I find this so funny.

I know, I know, a lot of people are on there but it just seems silly to use tweets as your reference.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
So Hispanics have a negative view of trump but a positive one for Hillary? Interesting.

Apparently they have some degree of difficulty discerning who is and who isn't a liar. While Trump is of course, an idiot, he doesn't appear to be a liar. Note however, there's a significant difference between a liar and a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Do you guys even twitter? Do you guys even You-tube other than looking at videos related to conspiracies? The Latino people absolutely despise Trump. There is only a small minority of Hispanics who are for Trump.

He does not have the Hispanic vote. He damn sure does not have the black vote, despite what you want to believe, and I'm confident he lost at least 75% of the woman vote.

He is not winning without the vote of these three groups.

He's not winning much of anything except publicity.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Being from a boarder state, your prospective is more than likely more factual than mine, I'd be foolish to argue your statement. A couple of months in TX for work is my only real experience in boarder region. You are right about me not using facts, I was just applying how I would feel if I went through all the proper channels for citizenship, only to see waves of immigrants almost encouraged to just come on over.

Like I said, I will not argue with someone who lives in the region. I tend to learn a lot less debating rather than conversing.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If you're too stupid to recognize that Trump never said ALL Mexican immigrants are rapists and criminals, that he isn't against Mexico as a country and people; and if you're so legitimately dimwitted that you can't discern Trump is only against illegal immigration and all the undesirable BS that arises as a result... then I don't trust you to cast a vote in the next Presidential election. Just don't vote at all. Stay home and leave voting to more intelligent people.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion
If he gets the nomination, do you think having Dr. Ben Carson run as his VP would swing the black vote in his favor?
I think it would, he wouldn't get the same level of support as Obama did, but enough to beat anyone in the general election.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AzerothTraveler
If you're too stupid to recognize that Trump never said ALL Mexican immigrants are rapists and criminals, that he isn't against Mexico as a country and people; and if you're so legitimately dimwitted that you can't discern Trump is only against illegal immigration and all the undesirable BS that arises as a result... then I don't trust you to cast a vote in the next Presidential election. Just don't vote at all. Stay home and leave voting to more intelligent people.

ok how about i will not vote for a reality star, rude billionaire with zero political experience and not a single diplomatic bone in his body. the man is all talk, no substance, a regular archie bunker a caricature of all that people find offensive about the stereotypical american. he is like the loud mouth jerk on a plane that thinks the world revolves around them, and that is the man you want leading our country?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I would hazard a guess it's because many of those same Hispanics come from countries with governments who promise to take care of them and are sitting in Churches on Sunday that preach a version of liberation theology which also preaches a version of Marxism laced Christianity. They are indoctrinated to it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well jesus would be considered a communist in this day an age, does that mean that churches in america dont follow the right christ?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Boadicea

I would hazard a guess it's because many of those same Hispanics come from countries with governments who promise to take care of them and are sitting in Churches on Sunday that preach a version of liberation theology which also preaches a version of Marxism laced Christianity. They are indoctrinated to it.

You're probably right... for many at least. That, combined with the political push for nanny governments that will take care of them... well, allegedly anyway. We see how well that worked out in Venezuela...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
...that's what he said.

What the hell is negative 51% favorability?

It's putting a positive spin on sh$tty numbers.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Polls really don't mean anything, how many of those polled were illegal themselves, I can do a poll and make anyone look bad it all in who you call.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Thank you, and everyone else who answered. That's what I figured, but ya never know. It's oddly worded that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: avgguy

originally posted by: introvert
Could you imagine what we would be hearing in the media and on forums such as this if Trump was a Leftist and said these sorts of things?

I think Trump is doing a good job at not only highlighting the problems in the Republican party, but also their hypocrisy.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but the "media" has one right wing channel the rest are pretty liberal. They do a great job of throwing dirt on repubs while their owners refuse to cover stories that make their side look bad.

Yes, they have Fox News but don't forget that they have ALL of talk radio. Can you name a popular nationally-syndicated Leftist radio host?

Also, did you know that the Right wing get their information from a very select few sources, but the Left vary quite a bit on whom they get their information from?

That being said. The Left really only have one news network that could be called Leftists. MSNBC. The rest are pretty moderate. But people on the Right are fed propaganda saying that any news network our media source that does not push particular agendas are Leftist.

My point still stands. The outrage towards the Left we be much greater if a Leftist said the things Trump says.

There is no left or right, you've been duped.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Donald Trump's immigration policy is extremist and I am surprised the other Republicans followed suit with the idea of ending birthright citizenship. Trump continues to lead in the polls for the Republican primary. I wonder where this will lead?

Donald Trump definitely seems racist to me, so I don't think he will get much of the Hispanic vote. If it were up to him, there wouldn't be a Hispanic vote. I don't know that he is appealing to women that much, either but I'm sure there are some Republican women who will vote for him.
edit on 26pmWed, 26 Aug 2015 18:22:03 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

If you consider ending birthright citizenship an extremist view. Take a gander at this.

www.numbersusa.com...
edit on 26-8-2015 by Skymoonwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: ketsuko

Well jesus would be considered a communist in this day an age, does that mean that churches in america dont follow the right christ?

Jesus would not play politics. It wasn't His job.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join