It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dust lady' of 9/11 Marcy Borders dies of cancer at 42

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Augustus, Gortex, you need to get a room; the tension can be cut with a knife.

When the towers fell, you can both agree that both towers reaped untold horrors both physically and mentally and surely you can both agree that the effects linger.

That is all.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Where did I imply that I disagreed with that assessment?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The knee that jerks first....And you are right.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

makes you question government statements during catastrophic events.
The gubment is often full of malarchy during catastrophic events.

Whenever something big and strange happens in NYC, the gubment always, I mean ALWAYS says these two things:

1) We have no idea what it is yet
2) We know it is NOT terrorism related

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

...and the EPA declared the dust from 9/11 wasn't a danger. It now makes you question government statements during catastrophic events.

Anything a monkey in a suit says should be questioned anyway, we all know of course that the government men are "only here to help" right?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Of course I feel bad for this woman and her family/friends. I don't suppose we will ever know if she passed away as a direct result of 9/11.... but I'm sure those who care about her will always wonder.

This has me thinking back to 9/11 and the days after. This may make me sound horrible but I'm being candid...

I'm in the construction industry and in the days after 9/11 I knew a lot of people that were going down there to volunteer (help with the clean-up, etc). We were a good fit for it because we already had all of our various site safety trainings, etc. I remember though, just before signing up with them, having a nagging thought that something bad may happen. Sort of like a gut-instinct kind of thing. I ultimately didn't go and stories like this make me feel as though I made the right choice. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying that people that went down there in the days after faced the same threat level of people that were there on THE day).

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Asbestos does cause cancer, but the subject of the O.P died from stomach cancer, not lung cancer.

Back on topic, I am sure the trend of cancer related deaths involving people who were in the area when the Twin Towers came down will continue. Sad, very sad.
edit on 26/8/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Asbestos does cause cancer, but the subject of the O.P died from stomach cancer, not lung cancer.

Back on topic, I am sure the trend of cancer related deaths involving people who were in the area when the Twin Towers came down will continue. Sad, very sad.

www.asbestos.com...
Here is a little tidbit for you....... www.asbestos.com...

In a large study of 1,047 asbestos industry employees, a malignant tumor was listed as the official cause of death for 208 workers. Respiratory cancers (primarily in the bronchus, trachea or lung) made up the majority of the cancer deaths, followed by cancers of the digestive organs and peritoneum, the lining of the abdomen.

You never know and myself being Canadian I can't even stand the word "Asbestos" Canada is responsible for the majority of mining and selling of this known toxin.

I too agree its very sad and I too have no real Idea of this poor woman's cause of death other than it was cancer.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 26-8-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Whist watching the second tower come down live on T.V., I remember thinking to myself of "the dust" and how I'd be trying to avoid breathing it.

For in my line of work, I have to deal with 'some' (nothing on 9-11 or even industrial scale) dust and I consciously try to avoid breathing it as best as I can; indeed having done so since my late teens (when I started in my profession) and often to the mocking ridicule of fellow workers. As such, I could have only imaged how it would have been for those people, many likely ignorant of the dangers of breathing such a cocktail of carcinogens and not realising that they may be outrunning death for that moment, but:
'Come he slow or some he fast
'Twas but Death who came at last.
'

Shame on the U.S. government for dismissing 9-11 survivors' (including fire department workers') health plights as unrelated to said attacks and forcing them to spend the rest of their ailing lives fighting for the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT of compensation, medical or otherwise.

The only thing worse than the 9-11 incident is the way the U.S. government has treated the survivors.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join