It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: SPECULUM

Yes, physically owning precious metals is a good policy. But owning a 'position' in them is just playing the speculations market. Which isn't as good a thing. That only gets you some digital 1's and 0's. I can't even wipe my gorgeous a** with digital 1's and 0's.

Then open up a salvage company and start buying scrap copper, or scrap Jewelry//IE: Silver

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

That's the point of supplies. They aren't a trophy. They're to get you through until you can get away from whatever hell you suddenly find yourself in. To somewhere you can survive. And that's the point of having a skill that can serve you in a more primitive society, and the ability to ply it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Trust me canned food doesn't last that long.

You need them to at least survive in the short term while you get your hands dirty in the good ol soil to grow some vegies and some long term sustainable food source.

Surely we can't live off canned food for long. I am just lucky I live in a developing country, back in my village we still live off the land. So if anything, I am heading back home to plant some seeds.

Peace
edit on 25-8-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

You are lucky in that regard.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Eat what thee birds eat and you wont go to far wrong, if in trouble worms are a great survival food.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

In your case, it also good to form a group of few trusted folks in your area, especially family.

And see it through, there maybe a solution after the inevitable, but in the interim stock up enough to last a couple of months, thats enough time grow some foodstuff.

This is the best I can offer, am not a millionair yet, but if i where, I wouldn't have second thoughts of flying any ATS friend over to my country and live off the land. All in the name helping a friend.

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Beautiful ideology. I truly admire that.
In the realistic scope of things, I do have relationships to depend on in case of dire need. And they can depend on me as well.
And, like I said, I have developed skills and tools to assure my usefulness in a prolonged survival scenario. My equipment to do so, on a small scale, is portable. That will allow me to work until I can set up a larger operation. And in the event that a true collapse or doomsday scenario occurs, my raw materials will be plentiful.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

Beautiful ideology. I truly admire that.
In the realistic scope of things, I do have relationships to depend on in case of dire need. And they can depend on me as well.
And, like I said, I have developed skills and tools to assure my usefulness in a prolonged survival scenario. My equipment to do so, on a small scale, is portable. That will allow me to work until I can set up a larger operation. And in the event that a true collapse or doomsday scenario occurs, my raw materials will be plentiful.

Good to know, your geared up! Trust your survival instincts

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

My number 1 survival tip if the zombie apocalypse ever happens.
Blades don't require reloading.

Which is the absolute least likely of scenarios, but good advice nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Just curious what you would do in my situation if the # were to hit the fan to the extent mr McBride predicts, in the coming days weeks or months.

I live surrounded by thousands of houses in one of London's many densely populated residential boroughs, for miles around its just houses... My flat is in the top floor of a five storey block. It overlooks a busy junction with heavy traffic and I have a lot of visability to the surrounding area... But all it is I can really see from here to the horizon is just houses and trees a few churches, an old school and a few more tower blocks in the distance

edit on 25-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Prey.
Yes, with an 'e'

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Meaning?

A you saying I should go out and hunt?
edit on 25-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist get a bike, worst comes to the worst cycle to Brighton or south Coast and live on barnacles and other crustations, just one option, buy a fishing rod.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

There will be many people in that urban sprawl who die quickly simply through their own stupidity. They will leave behind resources. The dead have no need of food.
Also, the moralistic self we all hold so dearly only exists because our society affords it the luxury to. It has no where near so great a value is a long-term survival scenario. I'm simply saying 'do what you absolutely must'. No evil, but survive.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Stake out and kill the killers. It secures the area and offers you food. It's a waiting game.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I'll add this note. Hunger will open up a whole new world of food sources, eventually. I have been there. And I sleep soundly.
(No, not talking about cannibalism)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

That's also a tactic you could employ. Though that involves trying to stay in a rapidly deteriorating urban environment. I really wouldn't suggest it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

You ate your own poop?
edit on 8/25/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No. Just, no. Gross. Really?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I'm not Bear Grylls, for f*k's sake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join