It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
That would be the adviser to that renowned financial mastermind Gordon Brown?....... I'll file that with the advice to sell off our gold reserves!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

The difficulty is going to be obtaining the seeds to get started in such a venture and having the food goods to outlast the necessary growing season it would take to produce your first crop. You also have to take into consideration your security. A lot of people aren't going to have the necessary goods, fortitude, etc., to be able to maintain themselves and are going to start rioting, looting and pillaging anything that vaguely resembles what they don't have that they might want like a vast plague of locusts ravaging their way across the countryside.

The solution seems easy, yes, but in practice, it gets tricky.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If I gave the impression that I believe survival in a long-term catastrophe to be easy, I certainly apologize. But without the preparation beforehand it only becomes even more difficult.
edit on 25-8-2015 by pfishy because: Macaroni makes a terrible pet.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Oh, no, that wasn't it ... just that something that should seem so easy in theory isn't going to be because so many people have been trained to expect all their food to just magically appear in the supermarket.

Reality is a harsh mistress compared to the intellectual and theoretical. For a lot of people, just the idea that all this could come crashing down is simply inconceivable even though we've been programmed for it through the media now for a quite a while.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Oh, indeed. If a true global collapse occurred, we would probably see half the population dead inside of 6 months. I certainly hope I'm never given the chance to be proven correct on that, though.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ive got giant sunchoke plants going. Jerusalem artichokes. They are over 12 feet tall.You let the plants die at the end of the season, and pull up the tubers only as you need them. Someone said something about knives. I have a knife collection. All kinds. I do have an important knife called a Ghurka Kukri. It is a new version made by Cold Steel. It was probably in the $120-130 range. Its is styled after the Ghurkas famopus weapon that wasted the English envaders, but made of stainless. It is very heavy and large. It can easily out chop a katana.
If bad times come, be prepared to not only exist, but to have a semi good time. Put away some gourmet foods. Be prepared to help your neighbors. Feed them and calm them. Give them safe haven as needed. Be a leader, and do what you can to secure your small portion of the planet. Let good morals and love be your compass. Let compassion and knowledge steer your decisions

I have 25-20 lbs of green unroasted raw coffee beans from around the world. I roast the beans as I need them so they stay fresh. I have probably 70 lbs of sugar. Plenty of Peak dried whole milk, lots of frozen cream, pounds of ghirardelli chocolate powder. I will be serving fresh tasty cappuccinos every morning to neighbors and friends. Keep spirits high! Take care of others who have needs.

There are Black forrest hams and Turkey breasts. Lots of grains and pastas so neighbors can have at least one big meal a day. That is enough to keep them from starving. I can always live off the land, but my first job is to make sure others who cant, will still be provided for. Many here on ATS are highly intelligent. It is our job to care for and provide for those who cant do that. It is our moral values that should dictate that
edit on 25-8-2015 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

Oh, indeed. If a true global collapse occurred, we would probably see half the population dead inside of 6 months. I certainly hope I'm never given the chance to be proven correct on that, though.

A lot of the population would kill themselves (others would die of starvation). As unlikely as I think the scenario is in the first place, I have three plans if something were to happen:
1. Join the military, that will get me food and shelter.
2. Commit a crime, that gets me shelter in jail, and possibly food.
3. Jump infront of a train (or some other method if they're no longer running)

I assume #3 is the most likely outcome. I can't really imagine wanting to live in a world of complete societal and economic collapse. What would come about from it when some order is restored wouldn't be very good.
edit on 25-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hmm.... I wonder how the Investors in " Canned Goods" are doing these days ? Not Bad I bet...........

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Canned food cans are lined with BPA! Eat in emergency only

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
well his suggestions would make sense if the system collapsed. the question is, does he know something?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I would say no. Looking at his wiki page he did his dissertation on rumour-mongering and enticing riots. Would seem as if he is testing his thesis.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shelbee

I still wonder why someone who hones that type of skillset would be chosen as an advisor to anyone but 'professional protestors'.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Indeed, let alone a government of a country that wields some power!
edit on 26-8-2015 by Shelbee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

It is true Sweden will be among the safest places to be. And if you're a cute girl I'll even save you.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I'm sure I can find a wig somewhere. Just give me a minute...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Somethings you can say, somethings you dont say, we are still looking how the world is acting towards working together in panic mode, some parts looks bad, some parts surprising. Its a bubble, thats why you consider Swedes strange, we understand the bubble we just dont live in it.

Read Tolkien, Swedes are the Elves

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Welp.... looks like the score is....

Doom activists/believers -0
Regular non-idiotic people -234528450248502948502948502345820458243905823409582340958

looks like the world isn't crashing after all. Keep clicking those guys videos and make sure they don't have to work for living though!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Or...
Develop a taste for dogs and cats?

Wild hogs are moving into my area, considered 'nuisance' animal. Gotta bleed them out as soon as you kill them, if you're in the south that's an endless supply of meat, but please no chitlin...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

Somethings you can say, somethings you dont say, we are still looking how the world is acting towards working together in panic mode, some parts looks bad, some parts surprising. Its a bubble, thats why you consider Swedes strange, we understand the bubble we just dont live in it.

Read Tolkien, Swedes are the Elves

The elves in that they believe themselves to be far superior to the other inhabitants of Middle Earth, or that they know their time is ending? The elves were really pretty dark folk. Maybe not the best thing to compare yourself and your fellow Swedes to.
Maybe the Halflings are a better example.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

We arent really that nice, we had some really f****** ways on fixing demographics, without resorting to a "modernized" way, if most understood, jaws would drop. Most Swedes do consider themselves superior, thats were the shy and the space comes from, you forget our times of the last "bubble" we were the ones who were a "paradigm". We never adjusted to the new paradigm even after 200 years of forced attempts, Swedes would rather die, than become a monotheistic worship. If you come here it looks like the cities grows up out of the forest.
Nature people, thats what we are, we cant fit in a Monotheistic God, we can follow dogma if it provides for the whole.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join