It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I live in south Louisiana. And I'm almost ashamed to admit that I was ill-prepared for hurricane Gustav. It took the heaviest toll on my home town. Katrina, I made it through mostly fine. But I seriously underestimated a HURRICANE HEADING STRAIGHT FOR ME!
My house was destroyed. My freezer, which could have kept food good for days, was smashed. Luckily I had a good supply of cash and barter goods. It took a week before I had a roof over my head for more than 1 night at a time, and 4 weeks to find a new place to live. I won't be caught off guard again. I invested in seeds, maintain a garden, own a food dehydrator, and canning equipment. As well as a vacuum sealer. I'm not trying to prepare for doomsday. I'm just making sure that when the next crisis happens, I'll be ready.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

im a Swede, collective first, if you can lead you can solo. Otherwise the collective kills you. We always did that. Before we used to throw the soloers of a cliff. But thats Sweden

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I am going to choose to ignore the weird bald guy that gets his life info from bloggers.

Looks like he is delivering financial advice from a s$/thole on the east side to anyone who will listen.

The one thing you can count on is people going to work to feed their kids, that wont stop because a stock market drop.

I can tell you one thing this panic sell will end and go back up. Some people will get filty rich after the correction.

Ask Buffet if he is panic selling right now. He// no, he will be buying a bargain basement prices, on mainstream companies.

I am going to turn 10k into 100k or more. The preppers will sit on their 8k and freeze dried food and ammo in a year.

I wouldn't ignore this, this is the real deal, just pay attention for a few weeks and watch more billions across the globe being lost..the problem is, is what money you have, you might think about bucking the odds and those markets might fluctuate, just enough to clean you out
Seen it happen to pros who thought they had the edge
edit on 25-8-2015 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Storm prepping in coastal areas is common sense. I do a lot of camping, so have the gear to go native if needed.

What are your thoughts on the stock market?

Do you buy what they are selling?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Storm prepping in coastal areas is common sense. I do a lot of camping, so have the gear to go native if needed.

What are your thoughts on the stock market?

Do you buy what they are selling?

Copper is dropping, best time to grab a position

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I agree with you. Tread lightly on the re-entree. I don't think we will see a drop this low in 10 years.

It is still just gambling to a point, so I wouldn't play with non-disposable regardless.

I think there is enough addicted players and artificial buyer in the market to keep it moving. I wouldn't do anything other than long holds on it. A bunch of the recent losers will be trying to recoup losses fast making it unstable early on.

This was my advise from a billionaire, not a 60k a year middleman financial adviser.

Interesting times

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't invest in the stock market. I can toss money into a good camp fire, and at least enjoy the pretty lights.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Quot:"Copper is dropping, best time to grab a position
"

Yeah, I agree Spec. I may go out on a limb on coal.

I need to research the companies a little more before jumping in, I usually just dabbled in med/pharm companies.
edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: quoted wrong

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

That's one thing that always puzzled me about investing in precious metals. When the prices are through the roof, it's always 'look how it's performing... you have to buy this'. When the prices plummet, it's always 'look how low the prices are, you have to buy this'. Seems like a win for the brokers, either way.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

I don't invest in the stock market. I can toss money into a good camp fire, and at least enjoy the pretty lights.

Lol, it sure seems that way on a bad hand.

It is almost as addictive as gambling- oh wait, it is.

Long holds on mainstream companies that pay dividends is fairly safe, day trading is a little more sketchy imo.

I used to do a bit of day trading, and after fees and tax, it just wasn't really worth it.

Long holds, on disposable cash with the above companies is my only gameplan now.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Personally, I intend to trade on my marketable skills, combined with the materials I have stored to use toward that end.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Trust me canned food doesn't last that long.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

Neither does stored hydrogen. Still doesn't mean it's not worthwhile to have around.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

You just have to cycle your stock.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

That's one thing that always puzzled me about investing in precious metals. When the prices are through the roof, it's always 'look how it's performing... you have to buy this'. When the prices plummet, it's always 'look how low the prices are, you have to buy this'. Seems like a win for the brokers, either way.

What nice about metals, is that with time, the demand becomes greater, and until they can find a cheaper conductor...Coppers what the world wants...Just not this week...HAHAHAHA
edit on 25-8-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Sally

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yes, physically owning precious metals is a good policy. But owning a 'position' in them is just playing the speculations market. Which isn't as good a thing. That only gets you some digital 1's and 0's. I can't even wipe my gorgeous a** with digital 1's and 0's.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Well you say that but water is the main thing if the # tuly hits the fan...
That lasts even less long.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

You can store potable water for a good long time with the proper setup. And if you recycle it, you can last much longer.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If it ever gets to the point where you can't leave your home in any major towns or cities, and you actually have to stared eating into supplies, it means the meltdown has been so bad that you're dead anyway.

The only way of garuanteeing survival in a shtf scenario would be to join the army, but even then there's no garuantee you'll survive.
edit on 25-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

And where I live, water is remarkably easy to come by. Just takes filtering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join