It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in the bible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Last night I saw a program on the history channel and it talked about how a lot of events in the bible could have been ufo's.

Some examples-

1. Eleisha(sp?) etting brought away from earth in a fiery chariot and dissapearing

2. When Jesus is going up to heaven he glows all white before he rises up and Moses and Eleisha appear out of nowwhere. Glowing all white is how some abductions are described bright lights and being pulled up by a mysterious white light.

What do you think about UFO's influencing the bible?

[edit on 30-12-2004 by cpr12r]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think that this is an interesting thought. Very possible. (See my recent comment in another thread). Something you might want to check out is bibleufo.com. Quite a bit of reading on this subject.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the nice site dbates. I'm bookmarking it right now and I'm starting to read it.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yeah,
there are a few threads on ATS about this subject, check them out
i think we had one during the summer time, you might remember it

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think I remember one from a while back. I didn't get to see the whole program on the history channel cause it ended pretty late. i saw about half of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I think I remember one from a while back. I didn't get to see the whole program on the history channel cause it ended pretty late. i saw about half of it.

i've think ive seen it before or something along the lines of it.
Look on the history channel site or browse the net

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm gona do a google search and then search the history channel site for some more info and then post it here.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Awesome theory but would that make the aliens Christian(sp?)? o.o

You told me to post so I did

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I found some links on the subject.

www.mt.net...

www.geocities.com...

www.logoschristian.org...

I found them with a quick google search.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There is no way UFO's were directly mentioned in the bible. But who could ever argue they weren't. The bible is full of symbolism and such imagery as revolations could be talking about a dragon or my current host nation China...who really knows...If I had to guess I would say that yes it's possible the UFO could have been referenced from the bibilical passages you statedin your original post CPR or even more you didn't mention.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
The bible is full of symbolism and such imagery as revolations could be talking about a dragon or my current host nation China...who really knows...

Yeah the bible is chocked full of symbolism there is so much you don't know what is real or fake. Revelations has a lot the whole story of the end of times has so much symbolism.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Last night I saw a program on the history channel and it talked about how a lot of events in the bible could have been ufo's.

Some examples-

1. Eleisha(sp?) etting brought away from earth in a fiery chariot and dissapearing

2. When Jesus is going up to heaven he glows all white before he rises up and Moses and Eleisha appear out of nowwhere. Glowing all white is how some abductions are described bright lights and being pulled up by a mysterious white light.

What do you think about UFO's influencing the bible?

[edit on 30-12-2004 by cpr12r]

The title of the show was

"UFOs in the Bible"
Researchers reinterpret religious documents to find evidence of ancient UFO activity.

I watched part of it before I fell asleep although I tried to stay awake. Must have been the martunis I had

They mentioned it was UFO's that parted the Red Sea, not Mose's; using (get this) magnetic gravity. They showed the red sea with a large craft the shape of a tube above. It was also stated that the UFO's gave off light at night so Mose's etc could see where they were going.

The way they narrated the show, they made it sould like fact rather then fiction. I myself thought it was rather far fetched. If we were to take what they stated as fact that would mean all anyone has learned from the bible is not what happened. Me thinks the History Channel carried this one a little to far. JMHO.

Future Airings: of the series in central standard time are.

UFO Files, HISTORY Jan 03 07:00pm
"UFOs: Then and Now? The Innocent Years"
Cave paintings and Renaissance art might depict UFOs

UFO Files, HISTORY Jan 08 05:00pm
New UFO Revelations: China's Roswell"
The Dropa Stones may hold secrets about ancient contact with extraterrestrials.

Each of the shows is different as you can see. No future air date was shown for a rerun last nights segment.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

They mentioned it was UFO's that parted the Red Sea, not Mose's; using (get this) magnetic gravity. They showed the red sea with a large craft the shape of a tube above. It was also stated that the UFO's gave off light at night so Mose's etc could see where they were going.

The way they narrated the show, they made it sould like fact rather then fiction. I myself thought it was rather far fetched. If we were to take what they stated as fact that would mean all anyone has learned from the bible is not what happened. Me thinks the History Channel carried this one a little to far. JMHO.

You're second paragraph there says "If we were to take what they stated as fact that could mean all anyone has learned from the bible is not what happened"...

Well who are you to judge the events (accepted by most of the church today) of the Bible as being "true"..if you wont leave any possibility of this version of the story as being true as well.
Lets take this thought... People of an ancient society, being (scientifically proven) less intelligent than the average joe of modern times. Their language didnt have the words to reflect UFO(like craft, spaceship, etc.), but it is strange how they would refer to the ones (angels) they saw as appearing as children of men, beings that would communicate/intervene with their lives.

I think I remember a passage from the productionlastnite: "And as Moses turned to the Mountain, a Bright light appeared and a Voice told him 'climb the mountain (without your men or something) and ye shall find salvation' (or something along hat line) - Now unless this describes some sort of visitation from another living, breathing being - I dont know what to say about the church... possibly some schizo in our early days?

Not only in the bible though, but in just about every ancient/early civilization there is the story of Lights/Chariots/Clouds of Heaven/etc.

So tell me where your proof of this other version of a Spiritual Force that is not materialistic (made of matter), and until then - learn all you can-knowledge is power. And I'm sure someone around here has ripped the bible apart in search of things like that - It would be nice to hear some other ideas as well

*edit, oh and BTW I dont put down your beliefs - mine are no more important than yours - just that You have no evidence to really prove either side of the story as being true or false...

[edit on 30-12-2004 by shanerz]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz

You're second paragraph there says "If we were to take what they stated as fact that could mean all anyone has learned from the bible is not what happened"...

Well who are you to judge the events (accepted by most of the church today) of the Bible as being "true"..if you wont leave any possibility of this version of the story as being true as well.

*edit, oh and BTW I dont put down your beliefs - mine are no more important than yours - just that You have no evidence to really prove either side of the story as being true or false...

[edit on 30-12-2004 by shanerz]

I was not judging the events by current day religions. I was simply stating what I made of the comments made on the show. The show was listed as a documentary which it was not. It was nothing more then personal interpretations/theories by others. I also know, I can not prove them true or false, neither could you.

Can you prove there is a God? Can you prove the world was created by a big bang? Can you prove the theory of evolution? The answer of course is no to all three, they are nothing more then theories.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Maybe I did get a little shortsided about your post, I was just trying as well to show that ya it is an (my) interpretation. But for thousands of years people just so have, for some reason, looked to a higher "Authority", some sort of higher power, whom in some cases come down appearing as bright lights, or as a chariot thats on fire in the sky.. And there is a lot of video proof out there-not to mention personal accounts by thousands of people every year- if real (which some of it most likely is), is quite/very similar to some of the passages mentioned in the bible.
Never said I was right tho

oh another thing, You did say "The way they narrated the show, they made it sould like fact rather then fiction."

I guess maybe I figured you were possibly ridiculing, so I gave views in support of the thread

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The Raelians belive that the ancient Hebrew concept Elohim should have been translated as "those who came from the sky" rather than "God." The Elohim come from another planet and are responsible for the creation of life on this planet.

But back even as far as 300 years ago a native seeing a plane in the air, or modern tempered steel would think of it as "magic" and only can describe things based on thier own knowledge of the universe. The bible has no concept of ETs since it is Homo saipien centric. Even the animals of the bible take second stage and the only exception is the Paul/Sauls donkey that was allow to speak.

During the Exodus there was a "pillar of fire" guarding the hebrews at night, and a pillar of clouds during the day. Today we try to think of technological means of producing these effects.

in the end a lot of people could easily change every mention and instance of God with: Aliens, Magic, or Mother nature and still think they are right because they want to belive they are right.

I can no more prove that God did it, then anyone else can prove aliens did it.

here is a real tripper, if an Alien came down and told you they did all that stuff and Elijah was in statis on thier craft waiting to talk to you, would you belive them? or would you want proof?

That is what makes Christianity so unfathomable to some people. All lot of what Christians believe is based not on any facts, but on faith it is true.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hey cpr i started a thread a long time ago on the same thing i have to find it i did a search for you and came up with a similar thread to yours if you would like to take a look and maybe it answers all your questions here bro

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: Found My Thread here

[edit on 30-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
too many people forget that the first chapter of Ezekiel and what he saw was a vision and did not really happen

Ezekiel 1-3 1 In the (my) thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.
2 On the fifth of the month-it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin- 3 the word of the LORD came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. There the hand of the LORD was upon him.

Think of it as a day dream, or as I like to think of it a really vivid acid trip. Which ends up putting the "Visited by aliens" idea out to the pasture. Since it was given a specific date it further puts validity to the "dream" Dreams to people of that time were incredibly important, not to metion that God spoke to him many times during the book

If it were Aliens there would be other people sharing the 'vision'

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
One thing I can't get over about the bible, and I'm suprised others don't see it also, or simply don't care. Is the three wise men following a "star" to where jesus is born. I mean came on! really! If that was to happen now, you'd be called crazy. Or the tv networks would be all over it."Mysterious star in the sky. Three wise men believe they new king of the world is at that location the star is at. and now to the weather" I think it got ufo all over it. That means god is an alien.

Also How can a virgin give birth? Now days sure. With the help of a medical team. But two thousand years ago no way. Either she was no virgin or the aliens put jesus inside her.

Thats my ramble peace out.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
Hey cpr i started a thread a long time ago on the same thing i have to find it i did a search for you and came up with a similar thread to yours if you would like to take a look and maybe it answers all your questions here bro

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: Found My Thread here

[edit on 30-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

Thanks for the links I'm reading them now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join