It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths giant past

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
buzzlamp.com...

Throughout earths written history there are stories of giants both people and animal.
We have the fossils of dinosaurs as proof of atleast one giant that roamed the earth .
Were there other giants ? Was everything giant at one point?
There are giant structures that the construction of are still a mystery . So what other proof is there that earths past was filled with giants of all sorts? There are studies in labs that show animals growing in a more oxygen rich atmosphere grow larger then they do in our current atmosphere and some scientist believe that the earths atmosphere was exactly that very oxygen rich.
If everything was giant what happened ? Was it the great deluge that washed the earth of all the giants both human and animal?

I stumbled on this picture and this was way before photoshop. So was it just a model?
Are all the photos posted on the net of giants remains just hoaxed? I'm not talking the 8,9 footers ..
I mean the real giants 15 ft and above.
This photo of a grasshopper from 1937 has to be 1000 times the size of a grasshopper today.
There are lots of ancient text that write about giants . So did they truly exist and if so what happened to them.
Was it a environmental change ? Ie atmospheric, was it life span change?
I will add more evidence of earths giant past during this thread.
Working with an IPad is not the easiest tool for making a thread.
Thanks everyone
Sorry ATS I was unable to figure out how to insert the pic into my thread .,, stupid iPad or stupid me either way I will try and figure it out and add more evidence if possible . Didn't want to just toss this thread out.
I would like to explore this further ...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: navione

I think I've seen the pic you're talking about. The comments on the site I saw it on suggested that it was some sort of camera trickery.
Let's see if I can help you get your pic up. If you don't have it uploaded, you'll need to do that. Go to the drop down menu (located between the log out icon and the one for your profile; it looks like a "v" in a white circle) and click on "upload". It's the icon that looks like a cloud. When the upload page loads, click on "select file". A menu will pop up. Select your pic. Click "upload". Your pic should now be uploaded. Click on your pic and it'll enlarge. There are codes underneath it. You'll want the one that says "bbc code for use in posts". It's usually the one at the top, right below the pic. Highlight that code, right click your mouse, and hit "copy". Go back to your post and right click and hit "paste". There you go. It's easier if you have two tabs open (one for the uploading and another for the post; that way you're not clicking back to the post).
edit on 20-8-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

There is no shadow for the creature in that photo. Look, the leg casts a shadow and right next to it is the supposed grasshopper and there is no shadow for it. I don't accept that photo as genuine.

I don't think there has ever been any really giant humans. Of course, there is a medical phenomenon plus there are racially big people. However, we know that too big means not living as long. Even in these moderately tall individuals there are supreme disadvantages that have the effect of a shorter life expectancy. It does not suit evolution for us to be too tall.

Also, those same sources that did the experiment with the oxygen admitted that the human skeleton can only work to a certain height. People who are too tall are skeletally compromised. I have come across that experiment before.

I think may be the earth's atmosphere was more oxygen rich back then. The vegetation was much bigger. There must have been so very much of it, too, to feed all those huge dinosaurs. Must have been plenty of everything. I've seen those giant spider fossils online, too. Oh man, they would have been seriously disturbing and deadly. We know how fast a tarantula is. OMG!

All this was before humanity. Somewhere, some cataclysm happened I guess: Asteroid strike, super volcano, bringing an ice age that almost wiped out everything and the lessening of the vegetation meant less oxygen (perhaps).

edit on 20-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The cricket doesn't cast a shadow, it was faked way back when

And the photo's of giant skeletons are from a photoshop competition

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

S&F

I have always been interested in the ancient stories of Giants. From what I have read -- they come from 'Hollow Earth.' Of course, that sounds pretty crazy. But, truthfully, we know less about inner earth than we do about the ends of the Universe. The Hollow Earth theory is my favorite of all the impossible-to-believe conspiracy theories.

For me, it's compelling to read stories of a respected Navy Rear Admiral who claimed to have visited inner Earth and was briefed on his story at the Pentagon. Given the alleged openings are at the poles (particularly Antarctica), I've always read these stories keeping in mind that the poles have really only been explored within the last century give or take.

And then there were the Nazis who were obsessed with going to Antarctica to find an entrance to Hollow Earth. Supposedly they did just that. There are even some maps floating around the web: Nazi Maps of Hollow Earth

SNIP:
Rear Admiral Richard Byrd and the Nazis in Antarctica:

"So begins the Diary of Richard Byrd, a Rear Admiral in the United States Navy, a man both admired & honored by his peers as much as he was feared & respected by his enemies. Was Antarctica colonised by Expatriot Germans during the closing stages of World War 2? This is an investigation into allegations surrounding Rear Admiral Richard Evelyn Byrd, Jr. & The expedition to Antarctica during Operation Highjump & the search for the entrance to the Hollow Earth.

Various ancient mythologies from Tibet, India, and elsewhere throughout history, allude to technologically advanced civilizations inhabiting a hollow in the Earth. Numerous make believe stories on the subject populate the early 1900s. While some assign this concept to naive ancient philosophies and fantasy, Adolf Hitler and his Third Reich thought it plausible. Beginning in 1938, the Nazis launched three separate expeditions to Antarctica. One mission in particular was mobilised specifically to search for the entrance into the Hollow Earth, where Hitler sought to establish bases and enlist the help of its inhabitants for an impending war. Hitler subsequently annexed a portion of Antarctica naming it Neu-Schwabenland. Investigators claim that Hitler did in fact build such bases and that he, and thousands of Nazi scientists, escaped to Antarctica after the war."

Here are a few other historical/literary examples of 'Giants in the Earth:'

Genesis 6:4

"There were GIANTS IN THE EARTH in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

Egyptian UNDERWORLD:

Giants Below

Nordic story of Olaf Jansen and his trip into Hollow Earth to see the Giants

The Smoky God

"This is the story of a Norwegian, Olaf Jansen, and his father, and their trip on a sail boat to the inner earth, via the glaciers of the north polar region. Olaf Jansen was born October 27th, 1811 and was ninteen years old when he took that fateful fishing trip with his father between April and June of 1829. It was after they reached Franz Josef Land from Stockholm that the two decided to venture even further north where they believed they would find the land of the "Chosen". After escaping a fierce storm and perilous icebergs they sailed smoothly for eleven days, always in what seemed to be a northerly direction. Then, around the 1st August they saw what appeared to be a red sun or planet which rose higher as they advanced inward. A few days later they reached the shores of of a mighty river which further carried them inland for another ten days coming to around the first of September. They anchored on a sandy beach whereupon they were greeted by SIX GIANT MEN whom befriended them."

There are MANY other examples.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Maybe gravity was different back then? Many believe the really giant dinosaurs could not have moved or even raised their very long necks in today's gravity. Maybe it wasn't as strong back then? A combination of more oxygen and less gravity? Who knows what might happen?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomerdude
Maybe gravity was different back then? Many believe the really giant dinosaurs could not have moved or even raised their very long necks in today's gravity. Maybe it wasn't as strong back then? A combination of more oxygen and less gravity? Who knows what might happen?

Was weaker gravity responsible for large dinosaur size?

"However, there are two strikes against that as an explanation. First, while the 65 million years since the last dinosaur is a long time by human standards, Earth has been around 4.5 billion years. The cooling-down period ended long before the colonization of land by animals, which itself happened long before the first dinosaur. The second problem is that, to double Earth’s gravity between Supersaurus and today, Earth would have had 1.4 times the diameter in the Jurassic. While that doesn’t sound like much, it translates to twice the surface area and nearly three times the volume of modern Earth. That’s a much bigger planet!"

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Earth’s atmosphere before the age of dinosaurs

"During the Carboniferous period, 350–280 Mya, these plants proliferated widely, covering the land surfaces with lush forests of giant ferns, trees, and plants of all types. Because the atmosphere was rich in CO2, but very poor in oxygen, dead plant material did not decompose rapidly, so layer upon layer of it was laid down in thick blankets that would transform over time to coal.

It is estimated that each 1-m thickness of coal comes from the compression of a 10–20-m layer of dead organic matter (14), so that today’s 10-m thick coal seam represents an original 100 m of decayed material. Such a thick layer of decaying matter is something that we do not see anywhere today. Tropical forests today only support a very thin layer of decaying matter because of rapid oxidation. Thus, 100-m-thick layers can only occur if the atmosphere discourages oxidation. This is additional strong evidence that the atmosphere in those distant times was rich in CO2, but poor in oxygen.

With time, the concentration of CO2 steadily decreased, primarily because of the formation and deposition of limestone and other carbonaceous materials. CO2 was also lost by photosynthesis followed by the deposition of carbonaceous substances such as coal, petroleum, peat, oil shale, and tar sands; however, this loss was quite minor."(continued at source)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
double post.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yes, that photo of the fake grasshopper was used as a gag postcard photo for tourists... like the horned rabbit "Jackalope" postcards... Everything's Bigger in Texas postcards, etc., etc.

That said, a friend was bathing in a bathroom that was being renovated and there was a bare wall frame, without drywall, around the faucet.

As she was lazing, she saw two antenna, like lobster antennas with easily seen spiral markings start to wave and explore from the dark depths of the plumbing beneath the house, under the tub... a tad over a foot apart.

They grew longer and closer together until she was positive a cockroach the size of a small lobster was going to emerge... she left, rapidly, and so never got to see the creature in it's full glory... but attests that the three inch monster roaches that are the norm here were only a tenth the size of the beast under the tub, if antenna were used as a measurement.

So who knows...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I believe earth at one point did have Giants. Supposedly a civilization that stretched from the Ohio river valley, down to the Gulf of Mexico. Mound builders, which were later accepted as Indian burial grounds, IMO is just a cover. Otherwise it destroys everything we thought we knew about our Earth. There are lots and lots of material the smithsonian took, not to display, but to ensure their own beliefs werent tarnished. Its not in the name of science. Also I thought thousands of bones were found on Catalina Island, or somewhere close.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

More than likely (considering we know very little about the mechanism behind gravity) gravity is likely variable, or the earth's mass is variable and there have been varying sizes of all creatures throughout history..

Actually, if you really look at dinosaurs, it would have been impossible for some of them to exist in the earth's current conditions.

Hearts big enough to pump blood to support the muscles necessary to move their bulk wouldn't fit in their chest cavities.

Everyone talks about how they were closer related to birds than reptiles. Well look at respiratory rates of most birds, they closely resemble mammals.

Look at the currently tallest animal on the planet and what it has to do in order to get blood up it's long neck.

An oxygen rich environment is one plausible reasoning, but only gets you half way there. No, in all likelihood, we just don't know enough about the mechanism of gravity and it is more variable than previously thought.

Or there is a mechanism for a growing earth to produce more mass.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Electric universe on gravity, theories on earths giant past.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am searching for a lab study being conducted I believe in ASU. They using oscars "fish" and also a few different types of flies. They have them in high oxygen enclosements and tanks for the fish .
These things are growing way above there normal size and in a much shorter time span.
The grasshopper picture was just what clicked with me . I recalled the study and thought it would make a thought provoking thread. I was unaware the grasshopper was a hoax. I figured a picture from that long ago
But I guess even the age of the picture itself could be hoaxed. I have a picture of me and some friends in
1920 garb and scenery that I guess if I posted and said it was an actual old photo no one would be the wiser.

As far as earths history with giants I am not quite sure if I am willing to say 100 percent they didn't exist.
There are so many stories of ancient giants.. From all over the world. There are also old news paper articles
And folk tales of bones and gravesides being found only to be covered up by different alphabet groups.
Including the smithsonian muesam .

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I can't say if the photo is real, but proof of 9foot big grasshoppers exists as fossils. I don't have the photo proof with me now, but will post it up a bit later on.

So yes, giant grasshoppers did exist many moons ago, I knew this from 2009 when I first saw the fossils.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

I can't say if the photo is real, but proof of 9foot big grasshoppers exists as fossils.

Not at all true. There were never any insects that were 9 ft long, let alone grasshoppers. There is a very definitive upper limit to the size any organism with an exoskeleton can grow and it's nowhere near 9ft in length. The largest insect known from the fossil record was a type of dragonfly with a 2.5 ft wingspan and some seriously mean looking mandibles that mark it as a predator. It would look like this compared to a human today...

It is also number 8 on this list

listverse.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
From what I can tell there has been a whitewash of our past. Intentional or otherwise, something tremendous occurred and gave rise to a new ignorance of our past and who we are. It also gave rise to tyrants and those who use knowledge to keep others repressed by keeping everyone uninformed, unskilled, uneducated and unawares.

There are sites throughout the world that simply defy our understanding of our ancients. The best and brightest here or in the field may try to fit it within their box of understanding but there was much, much more. Seems like "let no good tragedy go to waste" has been a hallmark of mankind from the get go.

There are claims of giants the world over and I'd bet my *cough* there is truth to those claims.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Genesis 6:4

"There were GIANTS IN THE EARTH in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

The original quote is actually

4 The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown

www.mechon-mamre.org...
The claims that the Nephilim were giants dates from the King James version.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I admit I was wrong, memory seems to be disappointing me LOL. So yes, I was wrong about the grasshoppers and insects for that matter, But that does not change the fact that huge Animals and plants use to live in the bast. And I'm not talking about dinosaurs here, but modern day animals.

Like the following:

-60 feet long (18.3m) Cattails fossils in rock formations.
-9 feet (2.75m) tall Donkey fossils.
-10 feet (3m) tall Kangaroos.
-8 feet (2.4m) long Beavers.
-6 feet (2m) long Salamanders.
-11.5 feet (3.5m) wide Oysters.

The true tragedy is that very little scientists touch on this stories because creationists touched it first.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I admit I was wrong, memory seems to be disappointing me LOL. So yes, I was wrong about the grasshoppers and insects for that matter, But that does not change the fact that huge Animals and plants use to live in the bast. And I'm not talking about dinosaurs here, but modern day animals.

Like the following:

-60 feet long (18.3m) Cattails fossils in rock formations.
-9 feet (2.75m) tall Donkey fossils.
-10 feet (3m) tall Kangaroos.
-8 feet (2.4m) long Beavers.
-6 feet (2m) long Salamanders.
-11.5 feet (3.5m) wide Oysters.

The true tragedy is that very little scientists touch on this stories because creationists touched it first.

none of those are modern day animals .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join