It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Evidence for Evolution? Show it to us.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
originally posted by: cooperton
originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: cooperton

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
Yes they can; they exist without knowing they have a leader (3 trillion of them) and have no idea anyone is in charge; that would be YOUR consciousness to tell them this: "I am in charge now and know you exist; so, no more disease/cancer/shenanigans with this body". It is that easy to pave the way to health; just by letting your body know there is an overseer (mind) that cares about its bodily function.

cooperton: I consider this to be analogous to our relationship to the higher entity

It is a perfect metaphor for our relationship to a higher being (if it would come forward and admit it) and name as fact its 3 trillion bits of matter it divided from itself into individualized SOUL PARTS; its whole yet particulate body called the beings existing within this universe.
edit on 23-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Wouldn't a second life be just as likely as life in the first place?

There is absolutely no way to know if a second life is 'possible' and it is therefor pointless to 'worry' about it.

Make the most of the life you have.

Happy now? The thread has bee completely and irredeemably hijacked.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19729226]rnaa[/post
HUH UH (no it hasn't just because you say so).

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

(3 trillion of them)

How do you know how many of them there are? Did someone freeze dry a human, take him apart, and count the cells?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I starred you for knowing who Carlin was.

Besides being such a kick arse comedian, he really knew what was going on.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Uh huh. Craziness is contagious it seems.

That isnt just silly, just totally ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes they can; they exist without knowing they have a leader (3 trillion of them) and have no idea anyone is in charge; that would be YOUR consciousness to tell them this: "I am in charge now and know you exist; so, no more disease/cancer/shenanigans with this body". It is that easy to pave the way to health; just by letting your body know there is an overseer (mind) that cares about its bodily function.

cooperton: I consider this to be analogous to our relationship to the higher entity

It is a perfect metaphor for our relationship to a higher being (if it would come forward and admit it) and name as fact its 3 trillion bits of matter it divided from itself into individualized SOUL PARTS; its whole yet particulate body called the beings existing within this universe.

O oh, you read Conversations with God, didn't you?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Evidence?

Evidence is everywhere. Fossils, microevolution.. chimps. Darwin wrote a really good book that contained a lot of evidence. And over the last 150 years or so more and more evidence has been uncovered by science. So much, in fact, that they almost all agree that life has evolved for the last 1 billion years, roughly.

Now proof? Is that what you're asking?

Proof is obviously a lot harder to come by, like it is for anything else. Hell, gravity hasn't technically even been proven yet.

But the thing is, in science, fortunately you don't always need to have absolute proof to be certain, or at least 99.9 percent certain.

It's called using deductive reasoning. When so much indirect evidence points to an answer, our wonderful, reasonable brains can still reach conclusions. Like even though I can't actually see this thing we call gravity, it's been tried and true so often, I think I'll take the elevator down instead of jumping off the top of this building.

Of course, there is always a chance it is wrong, but that's the beauty of science. Unlike religion, it claims to have the best possible explanation to date, not necessarily the one and only divine answer that can never be questioned.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I've wept in a girlfriend's arms after contemplating the notion of eternal nothingness.

How old are you? As you log in the decades an end doesn't look so bad...

BTW your energy and matter continues forward, so maybe that is a consolation to your nothingness.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Is There Evidence for Evolution? Show it to us...

Back on track..Bacterial resistance to antibiotics is a good example of how the environment can cause change or evolution.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Is There Evidence for Evolution? Show it to us...

Back on track..Bacterial resistance to antibiotics is a good example of how the environment can cause change or evolution.

That's an example of adaptation. A tribe in South Africa called the Bantu were found to be able to synthesize their own vitamin C, would you say they evolved? or simply adapted to a diet with no vitamin C?

How old are you? As you log in the decades an end doesn't look so bad...

To quote led zeppelin: "is this the end or just the beginning?"

Apocalypse means a lifting of the veil to a new world yet unseen, so I'm hoping there is something better... because yes, there are many times when I think an end to the life I know it as now wouldn't look so bad.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: lifecitizen

Uh huh. Craziness is contagious it seems.

That isnt just silly, just totally ridiculous.

What? The Monkey phallus? Specify what is rediculous.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

To quote led zeppelin: "is this the end or just the beginning?"

Apocalypse means a lifting of the veil to a new world yet unseen, so I'm hoping there is something better... because yes, there are many times when I think an end to the life I know it as now wouldn't look so bad.

♫ Call upon your gods
Beg for them to help you
Call upon your gods
Religion has left you
Got a final hour
Cross the final line
Life will end
But there is no end to time... ♫

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

♫ Call upon your gods
Beg for them to help you
Call upon your gods
Religion has left you
Got a final hour
Cross the final line
Life will end
But there is no end to time... ♫

odds of life occuring = 1/infinity

span of time = infinity

to determine the likelihood of life beyond what we currently are experiencing we multiply these two numbers together:

1/infinitude x infinitude = 1/1 = 100%

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That's an example of adaptation.

That's an example of redefining terms to suit your agenda.

odds of life occuring = 1/infinity
1/infinitude x infinitude = 1/1 = 100%

Disclaimer: Creationist math may not necessarily reflect actual arithmetic and logic.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

That's an example of adaptation.

That's an example of redefining terms to suit your agenda.

Carry on.

So you're saying the south african bantu are an evolved species because they adapted to a diet with no vitamin C?

Similarly, bacteria adapt to their surroundings.

Adaptation is NOT evolution.

originally posted by: Barcs

Disclaimer: Creationist math may not necessarily reflect actual arithmetic and logic.

Correct my numbers then.
edit on 23-8-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That's an example of adaptation. A tribe in South Africa called the Bantu were found to be able to synthesize their own vitamin C, would you say they evolved? or simply adapted to a diet with no vitamin C?

Yes, absolutely it is, as long as there is genetic change they are evolving.

People living in Tibet at high altitudes have also developed genes that help them live in that hostile environment and that is EXACTLY what natural selection and evolution are. Those who carry a gene that helps them survive in a given environment will survive to pass it on while populations without that gene will not have as good a chance of reproducing and thus may die out. So nature "SELECTS" what survives.

A population becomes isolated in a different environment and they diversify, they change, if you left the Bantu or the Tibetans alone for long enough they might well become a different species altogether depending on selection pressures and just how long you're leaving them isolated.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Titen-Sxull

Yes, absolutely it is, as long as there is genetic change they are evolving.

People living in Tibet at high altitudes have also developed genes that help them live in that hostile environment and that is EXACTLY what natural selection and evolution are.

Such adaptations can be due to epigenetics. For example, high altitude trainers adjust to the change in oxygen levels by an increase in 2,3-diphosphoglycerate in the blood. After they return to normal altitudes for long enough, the 2,3-DPG levels resume normal. This is not evolution, just adapting to the environment.

Research epigenetics. A very fascinating field.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Sure why not? If evolution is millions, billions of years of continued adaptation, mutation, genetic variation, natural selection etc why would this not be one aspect of many?

I'm not sure what you think evolution is or how you seem to want to apply it to say it is not a theory or that there is zero evidence.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

So you're saying the south african bantu are an evolved species because they adapted to a diet with no vitamin C?

Similarly, bacteria adapt to their surroundings.

Adaptation is NOT evolution.

Actually it is. Adaptation is part of evolution. Evolution = long term adaptation caused by genetic mutations and natural selection. Both apply to the example above and the hundreds of others. If an "adaptation" spans multiple generations and spreads to a noticeable amount of the a population, then it is textbook evolution. If it is one individual limited to its individual lifetime, it is adaptation. So please stop redefining terminology to suit your needs. It doesn't work that way. Come on, this is the oldest argument in the book.

Correct my numbers then.

You didn't use numbers, you used terms like infinitude and infinity. You cannot correct something that is wrong from the get go. Try using numbers and demonstrate this for us.

edit on 23-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join